Connect with us

Wire

23-Year-Old Former Trump Staffer Announces She's Running for Congress in Bid to Flip Blue District

Western Journal

Published

on

A 23-year-old former assistant press secretary for President Donald Trump announced Tuesday that she’s running for a seat in Congress.

Karoline Leavitt hopes to win the Republican primary and take on incumbent Democratic Rep. Chris Pappas to represent New Hampshire’s 1st Congressional District.

Other GOP candidates in the race include retired Marine Julian Acciard, businessman Gilead Towne and state Rep. Tim Baxter.

If Leavitt wins the primary and defeats Pappas, she will become the youngest member of Congress.

take our poll - story continues below

Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?

  • Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

She told the NH Journal last month that she was considering a run in 2022.

Leavitt’s LinkedIn profile says that she served in the Trump administration from 2019 to 2021, working as a presidential writer and assistant press secretary.

“Everywhere you look, conservatives, myself included, are being censored and silenced, and our freedoms to speak freely, think independently, bear arms, go to church and operate our own businesses are being infringed by radical Democrats,” the vocal Trump supporter said in a video in which she announced her congressional bid.

“Here in the ‘Live Free or Die’ state, we take our freedoms very seriously, and we need a bold, energetic fighter to serve as a firewall between we the people and those who want to destroy our way of life,” Leavitt said.

Would you vote for Leavitt?

Promising “to serve as a bold conservative FIREWALL for New Hampshire between ‘We The People’ and the DC swamp,” the congressional hopeful said her agenda includes holding the Biden administration accountable, lowering taxes, securing the nation’s borders, defending the Second Amendment, fighting against abortion, standing up for law enforcement, and restoring election integrity.

She also expressed her opposition to “fake news,” cancel culture and “brainwashing” by Big Tech.

“I will be an ‘America First’ warrior in this race,” Leavitt told Fox News, adding that she hopes Trump will run for president in 2024 “so that we can continue advancing the ‘America First’ agenda.”



She also told the outlet that Big Tech censorship was one of the things that motivated her to run.

“Censorship in general is one of the reasons I want to run. Across our country, conservatives don’t feel like their voices are being heard. It drove me to run. President Trump said it best, if they can censor him, they can censor anyone,” Leavitt told Fox News.

The report said Twitter briefly suspended Leavitt “in error” earlier this year when she served as part of New York Republican Rep. Elise Stefanik’s staff.

Prior to her suspension, she had shared tweets about Stefanik’s attempts to become Republican Conference chairwoman, replacing Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney, and content from the former president, Fox News reported.


The Democratic opposition to Leavitt’s campaign is already underway.

“This GOP primary is already shaping up to be an ugly, competitive race to the furthest fringes of the far right,” James Singer, spokesman for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, told Fox News.

“It’s simple: New Hampshire families cannot afford to have an inexperienced, Trump acolyte like Karoline Leavitt representing them,” he said.

Among the other Republican candidates, the only one who has said on his website that he’s running on an “America First” platform is Acciard.

His goals seem similar to Leavitt’s. The former Marine Corps military police officer and Operation Iraqi Freedom veteran says on his website that he believes “putting Americans first — especially in their native country — must remain the focal point of our politics.”

Acciard also said he supports switching to a “10% flat income tax on all citizens,” safeguarding the Second Amendment, securing the integrity of our elections and protecting the unborn.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

Wire

Incredible: Woman Gives Birth to 14lb Baby After 19 Miscarriages

Western Journal

Published

on

Many moms bond by sharing their pregnancy and birth experiences. While every pregnancy is unique, Cary Patonai and her “chunky monkey,” Finnley, are making the news because of just how unique their case is.

Tim and Cary already had two sons, Devlen, 10, and Everett, 2, and Cary was no stranger to large babies. Both her boys had been born via c-section, with Devlen coming in at 8.2 pounds and Everett coming in at a very respectable 11.1 pounds.

At the beginning of October, Cary was 38 weeks pregnant with what they already knew was going to be a strapping young lad. The baby’s estimated weight was a cool 13.8 pounds.



Cary was already scheduled for a c-section that week, but when she went to a check-up on Oct. 4, that timeline got moved up a bit.

take our poll - story continues below

Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?

  • Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“My water broke on the scale as I was getting weighed, so my scheduled C-section got moved up a day,” she said, according to Fox News.

So, off to Banner Thunderbird Medical Center in Glendale, Arizona, they went, to meet their newest addition.

“He was so big plus I had almost double the amniotic fluid, so to say I had a big baby belly and that I was absolutely completely uncomfortable isn’t enough,” Cary said. “However, I would do it all over again if I had to, to get this blessing.”

The not-so-little dude was born via c-section on Oct. 5 at 1:56 p.m. and has been impressing people near and far with his staggering size and supreme squishiness ever since.



Family quickly realized the clothes and diapers they’d prepared for Finnley’s arrival simply would not do, and they had to go out and buy larger sizes of everything just to fit the boy.

Both mom and baby appear to be doing well now, though they — understandably — experienced some side effects.



Cary had some initial hemorrhaging and has major surgery to recover from, and Finnley had to stay in the NICU for eight days because he had breathing issues, jaundice and high bilirubin levels, according to a post Cary shared.

The separation would be difficult for any mother, but it proved extremely difficult for Cary, who has a history with loss.



“It triggered a lot from my 19 previous miscarriages — leaving the hospital without a baby,” she said, according to Fox. “I knew it was for a good cause and he was in excellent care, but it still was extremely hard for me to emotionally handle.

“The reason I’ve had 19 miscarriages is due to my blood clotting disorder and fibroids. It’s been beyond hard to go through.”

But Finnley came home eventually, and the family has been soaking up all the baby cuddles and enjoying their beautiful baby boy.

“I am so happy, Tim is happy, Finnley is happy & snuggly & oh so squishy!” Cary shared in the birth announcement post on Facebook. “Devlen & Everett are missing us & ready for us to come home. I am so thankful & so blessed!”

As the days passed, Cary discovered just how special Finnley was. He wasn’t just a big baby, he was one of the biggest, propelling the family to fame.

“I saw my Dr today — oh my goodness — Finnley is the biggest baby he’s ever delivered, along with another obgyn of 27 years, & a nurse that was there during my csection,” she shared in her post. “It was incredible. He is the talk of the hospital! My dr is going to do some research & see what we can do — we really think we’ve broken a record!”

“Finnley was a little celebrity at the hospital,” she said, according to Fox. “Nurses and doctors were non-stop talking about him. He is quite tall too at 23.75 inches.”

Cary also wants other moms to take hope from her story and to be encouraged.



“I think it’s important for other people to know there is hope behind all of those closed doors and that they aren’t alone as they are going through their own trying times,” she said, Fox reported.

“Every woman has a different path than the next, some are easier and some are harder. What matters is that we support each other, with love, care and respect.”

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

Many moms bond by sharing their pregnancy and birth experiences. While every pregnancy is unique, Cary Patonai and her “chunky monkey,” Finnley, are making the news because of just how unique their case is. Tim and Cary already had two sons, Devlen, 10, and Everett, 2, and Cary was no stranger to large babies. Both her boys had been born via c-section, with Devlen coming in at 8.2 pounds and Everett coming in at a very respectable 11.1 pounds. At the beginning of October, Cary was 38 weeks pregnant with what they already knew was going to be a strapping young lad. The baby’s estimated weight was a cool 13.8 pounds. Cary was already scheduled for a c-section that week, but when she went to a check-up on Oct. 4, that timeline got moved up a bit. “My water broke on the scale as I was getting weighed, so my scheduled C-section got moved up a day,” she said, according to Fox News. So, off to Banner Thunderbird Medical Center in Glendale, Arizona, they went, to meet their newest addition. “He was so big plus I had almost double the amniotic fluid, so to say I had a big baby belly and that I was absolutely completely uncomfortable isn’t enough,” Cary said. “However, I would do it all over again if I had to, to get this blessing.” The not-so-little dude was born via c-section on Oct. 5 at 1:56 p.m. and has been impressing people near and far with his staggering size and supreme squishiness ever since. Family quickly realized the clothes and diapers they’d prepared for Finnley’s arrival simply would not do, and they had to go out and buy larger sizes of everything just to fit the boy. Both mom and baby appear…

Continue Reading

Wire

Biden Admin Announces Plan to Vaccinate Every Child Ages 5+

Western Journal

Published

on

Much like its plan for booster shots was announced before the Food and Drug Administration approved them, the Biden administration said it is laying the groundwork to vaccinate children between the ages of 5 and 11.

Independent panels from the FDA and the Centers for Disease Control will meet in late October and early November to consider the proposal from Pfizer/BioNTech to vaccinate children, according to a White House fact sheet.

Although there is currently no federal vaccine mandate aimed at children, the Biden administration said it has obtained enough vaccine to provide shots to all of the country’s 28 million children in the target age group.

The fact sheet said the plan ensures that after the vaccine is approved “it is quickly distributed and made conveniently and equitably available to families across the country. The start of a vaccination program for children ages 5-11 will depend on the independent FDA and CDC process and timeline, but our planning efforts mean that we will be ready to begin getting shots in arms in the days following a final CDC recommendation.”

take our poll - story continues below

Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?

  • Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“These steps will be critical in ensuring that we are staying ahead of the virus by keeping kids and families safe, especially those at highest risk.”

The fact sheet said the vaccine “will have packaging available in smaller configurations that will make it easier for physicians’ offices and other smaller, community-based providers to offer the vaccine to kids and their families.”

The fact sheet claims 25,000 sites will offer shots, including doctors’ offices, hospitals, pharmacies, community health centers, and school- and community-based sites, including over 100 children’s hospital systems.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency will work with communities, according to the fact sheet.

FEMA “is providing full funding to states to support vaccination operations and outreach — including setting up sites, procuring equipment and supplies to store and administer the vaccine, providing transportation to and from vaccination sites, and communicating with the public, such as through in-person community engagement, call center support, public service announcements, and translation services.”

“And, for those schools who need extra help, the Administration will launch a new effort to match school districts with vaccine providers who will provide on-site vaccination clinics for their students and local communities.”

All of this will be accompanied by a PR blitz.

The “campaign will invest heavily in trusted messengers; work with schools, state and local health departments, faith leaders, and national and community organizations to increase vaccine confidence; create forums for parents to ask questions to pediatricians; and reach out to parents directly through press and social media across channels and in multiple languages.”

Further, “the Surgeon General will enlist pediatricians and community leaders to talk to Americans directly via popular media and social media channels and through visits to hard-hit and high-risk communities,” the fact sheet said.

Although Democratic New York Gov. Kathy Hochul has said she wants parents making reservations now to have their children vaccinated, one doctor says there are some issues to consider, according to WSTM-TV.

Dr. Matt Cambareri said the logistical complications of administering a COVID-19 vaccination are greater than with other shots.

“There’s just more steps, it requires more man-hours, it requires more paperwork, it’s a little more tricky,” he said.

Cambareri said parents will need a sales pitch to make the program work.

“The benefit to adults is very clear, we saw hundreds of thousands of adults die nationwide,” he said. “We saw less than 600 hundred kids under the age of 18 die nationwide. So when it comes to whether the parent thinks the kid will receive the benefit, that might take a little more convincing.”

Hochul said she is not opposed to an eventual mandate that schoolchildren be vaccinated, but wants to wait and see how voluntary vaccination works, according to the Daily News.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

Much like its plan for booster shots was announced before the Food and Drug Administration approved them, the Biden administration said it is laying the groundwork to vaccinate children between the ages of 5 and 11. Independent panels from the FDA and the Centers for Disease Control will meet in late October and early November to consider the proposal from Pfizer/BioNTech to vaccinate children, according to a White House fact sheet. Although there is currently no federal vaccine mandate aimed at children, the Biden administration said it has obtained enough vaccine to provide shots to all of the country’s 28 million children in the target age group. The fact sheet said the plan ensures that after the vaccine is approved “it is quickly distributed and made conveniently and equitably available to families across the country. The start of a vaccination program for children ages 5-11 will depend on the independent FDA and CDC process and timeline, but our planning efforts mean that we will be ready to begin getting shots in arms in the days following a final CDC recommendation.” “These steps will be critical in ensuring that we are staying ahead of the virus by keeping kids and families safe, especially those at highest risk.” The fact sheet said the vaccine “will have packaging available in smaller configurations that will make it easier for physicians’ offices and other smaller, community-based providers to offer the vaccine to kids and their families.” The fact sheet claims 25,000 sites will offer shots, including doctors’ offices, hospitals, pharmacies, community health centers, and school- and community-based sites, including over 100 children’s hospital systems. The Federal Emergency Management Agency will work with communities, according to the fact sheet. FEMA “is providing full funding to states to support vaccination operations and outreach — including setting up…

Continue Reading
The Schaftlein Report

Latest Articles

Best of the Week