Please disable your Ad Blocker to better interact with this website.

Connect with us

News

Another Boston Red Sox Player to Skip White House Visit

It not Curt Schilling this time!

Published

on

white house

Yet another member of the World Series champion Boston Red Sox has announced that he will not be visiting the White House to celebrate the teams big win.

Boston Red Sox outfielder Jackie Bradley Jr. just said he will skip the upcoming visit to the White House as his team celebrates its 2018 World Series win.

“I don’t get into politics. But I won’t be going,” Bradley told the Boston Globe.

Trending: BOMBSHELL: Dems Plot Secret Agreement to Continue Targeting Trump With Investigations

Still, it seems that Bradley is acting more along political lines than he wants to let on because the center fielder had no problems visiting the White House when his team won the World series in 2013 during Barack Obama’s presidency.

Bradley is not the only Sox player to bow out of a White House visit. At the end of January, fellow outfielder Mookie Betts announced he would be foregoing the team’s trip to D.C. And third baseman Rafael Devers also reportedly added his name to the “no” column sometime in mid-January.

On the other hand, Chris Sale, Mitch Moreland, Blake Swihart, and Brock Holt, have all reportedly said they plan to attend the event.

The Bostoners had been scheduled to visit the White House on February 15, but the visit was rescheduled due to the ongoing debate about the federal budget and the resulting government shutdowns.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Twitter @warnerthuston.

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.

News

Would-Be NYC Cathedral Arsonist Had Just Purchased a One Way Ticket To…

The story just keeps getting stranger…and more worrisome as well.

Published

on

Rome vatican

As with just about any news these days, there was an almost immediate sprouting of conspiracy theories surrounding the blaze at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris this week. For many social media users, the coincidence of the inferno occurring on Monday of Holy Week was just too much.  They saw this as “a sign”, and almost certainly as a “nefarious act”, possibly played out in order to spark some sort of Holy War. The theories get much wilder than that as well, but we dare not wade too deep into the conspiratorial waters, lest we want to be blacklisted by some clandestine “fact checking” gestapo. Despite the insistence of investigators that there was no reason to believe foul play was at work, the internet’s darker corners remained skeptical.  Then, came the story of a man in NYC who was arrested after walking into Saint Patrick’s Cathedral with two cans of gas, some lighter fluid, and a lighting device. This sparked a whole new realm of conspiracy for many…and that was before we knew about his travel plans. Marc Lamparello, a former director of music at a New Jersey Roman Catholic Church, was arrested at the historic St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York City on Wednesday night after security stopped him with two cans of gasoline, lighter fluid and butane lighters, police said. Sources with the New York City Police Department told ABC News that he also purchased a one-way ticket to Rome, which was scheduled to depart from Newark, New Jersey, on Thursday evening. Lamparello, 37, was charged with attempted arson, reckless endangerment and some violations of city codes. He told police that he was taking a shortcut through church to reach his minivan, which he claimed had run out of gas. Police then inspected Lamparello’s vehicle, determined that it…

Continue Reading

News

Unlikely Reception to Sanders on Fox News Worthy of Full Page Ad?

Bernie’s Fox News town hall event smashed expectations, and was apparently worthy of a little gloating from the network.

Published

on

democrats

A peculiar thing occurred in American politics last week, but perhaps it shouldn’t be seen as such an outlier. In a move that shocked many, including President Trump, Bernie Sanders had an amicable and poignant “Presidential Town Hall” on Fox News.  Given the wild biases of the mainstream media, particularly when it comes to the far-left leaning democratic socialist from Vermont, many assumed that Sanders’ appearance on Fox would have been a bloodbath. Quite to the contrary, however, Sanders received a decidedly warm reception, even eliciting a hearty cheer from the crowd when explaining his “Medicare for all” wishes. Perhaps the nation truly is suffering from Obamacare in ways that many of us may have predicted. This sort of open-minded political positioning has become rare these days, thanks to the inflammatory practices of the mainstream media.  Fox’s gambling on Bernie paid off big-time, however, and the event has now received a full page advertisement in The Washington Post proclaiming its success. https://twitter.com/feliciasonmez/status/1118865630617395201 The numbers were simply incredible: The ad comes three days after nearly 2.6 million viewers tuned into Fox News’s town hall with Sanders on Monday night, making it the most-watched town hall of this campaign cycle so far, according to Nielsen Media Research. The live event, co-moderated by “Special Report” anchor Bret Baier and “The Story” anchor Martha MacCallum, also delivered 489,000 viewers in the 25- to 54-year-old age bracket that many advertisers cater to. Sanders, a self-described democratic socialist, provided Fox News with a considerable ratings bump compared to the same day last year. The network saw an increase of 24 percent in total viewers and 40 percent in the 25- to 54-year-old demographic. It certainly stands to reason that a great many of these viewers were tuning in in order to size up Sanders, who at…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week

Send this to a friend