Connect with us


Another Local Reporter Stops Mid-Broadcast to Inform Station She Is Taking Them Down

Western Journal



Happy Father’s Day, everyone at WWJ-TV! You’re going to be featured on a Project Veritas report! Now, onto the weather.

That, at least, was the message from April Moss, a meteorologist at the Detroit CBS affiliate, who became the second reporter in recent weeks to announce on air that she was working with the investigative journalistic outfit to expose what she said was censorship at a local news outlet.

“Today we saw temperatures above normal again topping out at 85 degrees at Metro Airport,” Moss said during the Sunday forecast.

Trending: Woman Charged with Attempted Murder After Shooting Alleged Home Invader

“Plenty of sunshine today, but all good things must come to an end, and that starts as early as tomorrow morning with showers moving in around 8 a.m.”

take our poll - story continues below

Do you think Cubans are fighting for healthcare or freedom from Communism? (1)

  • Do you think Cubans are fighting for healthcare or freedom from Communism?

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Then: “And speaking of a brand-new week, I will be sitting down this week with Project Veritas to discuss the discrimination that CBS is enforcing upon its employees.

“Tune into Project Veritas for my full story.”

“Now, later Monday, we will see those showers continuing through late morning,” Moss said, presumably with a control room busy spilling coffee over each other.

Moss’ on-air announcement that she was working with Project Veritas mirrors that of Ivory Hecker, the KRIV-TV reporter in Houston who announced last week she’d been working with James O’Keefe’s journalistic outfit.

“Fox Corp. has been muzzling me to keep certain information from you, the viewers, and from what I am gathering, I am not the only reporter subjected to this,” Hecker said on June 14.

“I am going to be releasing some recordings about what goes on behind the scenes at Fox because it applies to you the viewers.

“I found a nonprofit journalism group called Project Veritas. It’s going to help put that out tomorrow,” she continued.

Much of the censorship Hecker described had to do with the controversial drug hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malarial agent that some felt showed promise against COVID-19. Others, however, pointed to negative studies — and, perhaps just as importantly as far as they were concerned, the fact that then-President Donald Trump was a big backer of the medication.

Two turning points Hecker described involved an interview she got with Dr. Joseph Varon, the chief of critical care at United Memorial Medical Center in Houston, and a post she made on social media.

In the case of her interview with Varon, he gave a positive response to a question she gave about the drug.

“You know, that’s a great question,” Varon said when asked about it.

“And the answer is yes, we have used it. I mean, we know that it’s a drug that has been politicized up to the wazoo. We’ve used it. We use it with good success.”

Then she made a social media post regarding the censorship around the controversial pro-hydroxychloroquine physician Dr. Stella Immanuel — whose group, America’s Frontline Doctors, found itself booted from roughly every platform short of Friendster after hosting a news conference in Washington, D.C., to urge widespread adoption of the drug.

Agree or disagree with the group or the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine — Hecker told Project Veritas she had “never, to this day, advocated for that drug” — she said the very mention of the medicine and the censorship around it threw her superiors at KRIV into a tizzy.

“Fox came at my throat for standing up against censorship,” Hecker told Project Veritas founder James O’Keefe.

Susan Schiller, the vice president and news director at KRIV, was recorded telling Hecker she “need[ed] to cease and desist posting about hydroxychloroquine.”

“In my opinion you’ve failed, as a reporter, to not know more if you were going to post about hydroxychloroquine, that you didn’t look it up, and look at the latest post, the latest research about it,” Schiller said.

Other revelations included recordings of a sales rep from the station saying Centers for Disease Control and Protection ad dollars could theoretically change coverage about COVID-19 treatments and vaccines and a photographer from KRIV telling Project Veritas that the station’s producers cover vaccines because they’re “[a]bout 25 years old, they don’t pay ’em squat … They just regurgitate what they are fed. And so that’s how it ends up being that, it’s low-hanging fruit … ‘They’re doing vaccines across town? Well, let’s go get video of that.’”

If that’s what they managed to get from Hecker, get your popcorn ready. Happy Father’s Day indeed, WWJ-TV.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.


Family Escapes Through 2nd-Story Window During Armed Standoff After Suspect Barricades Door: Report

Western Journal



On July 25, in Auburn, Alabama, a man reportedly put his family, his neighborhood, first responders and himself in a very dangerous position. Calls came into the Auburn Police District around 7:00 p.m. reporting a domestic violence incident in the Camden Ridge Subdivision. When police arrived, the man reportedly began firing at them with a handgun. Police fired back, and the man retreated into the home, where he also had his family trapped in a room. Thanks to the police and fire department coming together and working smarter instead of harder, the situation was resolved without injury to the family members trapped upstairs. It was firefighter Andrew Kiser, Chief of Police Cedric Anderson and Shift Supervisor Lt. Cody Hill who were responsible for carrying out the daring rescue that helped bring the threat to an end. While the shooter refused to exit the house, the men carried a ladder to the house and set it up to reach one of the second-story windows, where they learned the man’s family had been trapped. While Anderson held the ladder steady, Hill climbed the ladder and Kiser assisted the family as they climbed out of the window. With the family out of the way, Lee County SWAT was able to enter the house and capture the suspect. He was taken to Baptist Medical Center South after he was found to have sustained what appeared to be a gunshot wound. “Auburn PD Alerts: Heavy Police Activity in the Camden Ridge Subdivision, in the area of Wedgewood Ct.,” a public safety alert for the area read, according to WRBL-TV. “The scene is secure at this time, NO ONGOING THREAT.” Auburn Assistant Police Chief Clarence Stewart praised the efforts of all involved, highlighting how each group present played an important role in…

Continue Reading


After Receiving Call About Blazing Attic Fire, Police Rescue Man Trapped Inside Smoke-Filled Bedroom

Western Journal



A family in Marlboro Township, New Jersey, woke up just before midnight on Sunday and sensed something was wrong. They called 911 at around 11:38 p.m., reporting a “possible fire at the residence,” according to The Journal NJ. Officers Ryan Anzalone, Donna Gonzalez, Michael Morgante and Colin Murray with the Marlboro Township Police Department were first on the scene and quickly assessed the situation. They found smoke pouring out of the attic, but were relieved to see the family appeared to have exited the home. After a short time, though, the family realized one of their members was not with them, and was likely still trapped inside on the second floor. Gonzalez and Anzalone charged in and found the man, as described, in a bedroom on the second floor. By the time they got there, the room was “completely filled with smoke,” but they managed to rescue the resident. The fire department had a difficult time accessing the home due to the long, narrow driveway and a large landscaping rock. “While enroute Chief 2-66 was advised of heavy smoke from the attic,” the Robertsville Volunteer Fire Co. #1 posted on Facebook. “At the time the mutual aid response plan was put in place and the box alarm was requested to bring in initial assistance.” “Upon the arrival of 2-66 Chief advised the house was located down a 180 foot narrow driveway. Once engine 2-75 arrived there was trouble accessing the house due to a large ornamental boulder and trees. Members of the engine and police moved the 400lb boulder so the engine could get to the house and attack the fire. “As the incident progressed, the second alarm mutual aid plan was requested for this deep seated, hard to access attic fire.” The two officers who…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week