Connect with us

News

Apple Backs Down, Will Allow Parler Back on App Store

The news is seen as a major boost for the First Amendment.

Published

on

Free speech is a fickle thing, and precious too.  If we’re not careful, it can be stripped away but those who hide behind the claim that a “private” company can limit your personal freedoms.

Twitter, Facebook, and other social media platforms are almost always the culprits here, bending the algorithmic reach of those with whom they disagree.

Enter Parler:  A free speech app where only the bare legal minimum of content would be moderated.

The platform became incredibly popular with an astonishing swiftness, but soon faced trouble from companies who had previously aligned themselves with Facebook and Twitter’s more controlling stance.

take our poll - story continues below

Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?

  • Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Apple, who had previously booted Parler from its App Store, has now relented to the Constitution.

Apple has approved Parler’s return to the iOS app store following improvements the social media company made to better detect and moderate hate speech and incitement, according to a letter the iPhone maker sent to Congress on Monday.

The decision clears the way for Parler, an app popular with conservatives including some members of the far right, to be downloaded once again on Apple devices.

The letter — addressed to Sen. Mike Lee and Rep. Ken Buck and obtained by CNN — explained that since the app was removed from Apple’s platform in January for violations of its policies, Parler “has proposed updates to its app and the app’s content moderation practices.”

On April 14, Apple’s app review team told Parler that its proposed changes were sufficient, the letter continued. Now, all Parler needs to do is to flip the switch.

The news is seen as a major boost for the First Amendment.

News

MARK MEADOWS: Trump Tested Positive for COVID Ahead of Debate with Biden

A negative test soon followed.

Published

on

Then-President Trump’s bout with COVID-19 was one of the more harrowing moments of his time in the Oval Office, and a new memoir by Mark Meadows has added a new twist to the tale.

The entire episode had the nation on the edge of its seat, concerned that the sitting President, (a septuagenarian considered to be “high risk”), may fall quite ill from the virus.  Of course, being the leader of the free world has its benefits, and Donald Trump received state-of-the-art care during his brief stint in the hospital – even going so far as to take a lap around the medical center to wave to his supporters.

But now, The Don’s former chief of staff has revealed that the former Commander in Chief actually tested positive for the virus before a debate with Joe Biden – with a negative result to follow.

Donald Trump tested positive for Covid-19 three days before his first debate against Joe Biden, the former president’s fourth and last chief of staff has revealed in a new book.

take our poll - story continues below

Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?

  • Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Mark Meadows also writes that though he knew each candidate was required “to test negative for the virus within seventy two hours of the start time … Nothing was going to stop [Trump] from going out there.”

Trump, Meadows says in the book, returned a negative result from a different test shortly after the positive.

Nonetheless, the stunning revelation of an unreported positive test follows a year of speculation about whether Trump, then 74 years old, had the potentially deadly virus when he faced Biden, 77, in Cleveland on 29 September – and what danger that might have presented.

Trump openly lauded the work of his doctors, as well as a therapeutic treatment from Regeneron, as the reason for his speedy recovery.

Then-President Trump’s bout with COVID-19 was one of the more harrowing moments of his time in the Oval Office, and a new memoir by Mark Meadows has added a new twist to the tale. The entire episode had the nation on the edge of its seat, concerned that the sitting President, (a septuagenarian considered to be “high risk”), may fall quite ill from the virus.  Of course, being the leader of the free world has its benefits, and Donald Trump received state-of-the-art care during his brief stint in the hospital – even going so far as to take a lap around the medical center to wave to his supporters. But now, The Don’s former chief of staff has revealed that the former Commander in Chief actually tested positive for the virus before a debate with Joe Biden – with a negative result to follow. Donald Trump tested positive for Covid-19 three days before his first debate against Joe Biden, the former president’s fourth and last chief of staff has revealed in a new book. Mark Meadows also writes that though he knew each candidate was required “to test negative for the virus within seventy two hours of the start time … Nothing was going to stop [Trump] from going out there.” Trump, Meadows says in the book, returned a negative result from a different test shortly after the positive. Nonetheless, the stunning revelation of an unreported positive test follows a year of speculation about whether Trump, then 74 years old, had the potentially deadly virus when he faced Biden, 77, in Cleveland on 29 September – and what danger that might have presented. Trump openly lauded the work of his doctors, as well as a therapeutic treatment from Regeneron, as the reason for his speedy recovery.

Continue Reading

News

FedEx Driver Under Investigation After Dumping Hundreds of Packages into Ravine

As if the rest of the supply chain wasn’t already damaged enough.

Published

on

As the holiday season approaches, the strain on our network of mail couriers continues to ramp up, and the stress appears to have been too much for at least one delivery driver.

For many, the headaches have already begun:  Missing packages, erroneous deliveries, and unbelievable delays.  But for hundreds of folks in Alabama, something even worse has occurred.

Authorities investigating the discovery of hundreds of FedEx packages in an Alabama ravine have questioned the driver they think is responsible — and believe the driver dumped packages there at least six times, a sheriff said Tuesday.

The investigation began November 24, when sheriff’s deputies in northern Alabama’s Blount County found 300 to 400 packages in a ravine on private property, the county sheriff’s department said.

take our poll - story continues below

Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?

  • Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

FedEx warned that the situation could take some time to sort out.

“This will not be an easy or fast case to close. … I am asking for patience from our citizens as our investigators work through this case,” Moon’s post reads. FedEx sent workers and trucks to the ravine last week to begin recovering and distributing the packages. The property is about 40 miles outside Birmingham.
The questioned driver “is no longer providing service on behalf of FedEx Ground,” FedEx said Tuesday in a prepared statement.
No charges have yet been filed in the case, and the suspected driver has not been arrested.

As the holiday season approaches, the strain on our network of mail couriers continues to ramp up, and the stress appears to have been too much for at least one delivery driver. For many, the headaches have already begun:  Missing packages, erroneous deliveries, and unbelievable delays.  But for hundreds of folks in Alabama, something even worse has occurred. Authorities investigating the discovery of hundreds of FedEx packages in an Alabama ravine have questioned the driver they think is responsible — and believe the driver dumped packages there at least six times, a sheriff said Tuesday. The investigation began November 24, when sheriff’s deputies in northern Alabama’s Blount County found 300 to 400 packages in a ravine on private property, the county sheriff’s department said. FedEx warned that the situation could take some time to sort out. “This will not be an easy or fast case to close. … I am asking for patience from our citizens as our investigators work through this case,” Moon’s post reads. FedEx sent workers and trucks to the ravine last week to begin recovering and distributing the packages. The property is about 40 miles outside Birmingham. The questioned driver “is no longer providing service on behalf of FedEx Ground,” FedEx said Tuesday in a prepared statement. No charges have yet been filed in the case, and the suspected driver has not been arrested.

Continue Reading
The Schaftlein Report

Latest Articles

Best of the Week