Connect with us


Biden-Putin Summit Gets Off to a Chaotic Start as Unruly Journalists Scuffle with Each Other, Security Officials

Western Journal



Many of the journalists assembled near the Putin-Biden Summit in Switzerland were shut out of the event after the American and Russian journalists present there engaged in a chaotic scuffle on Wednesday.

“There’s an extremely chaotic scene at the door,” said a pool reporter among the small group of journalists regularly accompanying President Joe Biden on his Europe trip, according to the U.K.’s Daily Mail.

Politico reported that when journalists reached the summit venue, the Villa La Grange in Geneva, U.S. and Russian officials stopped them, asking them to form two separate lines.

Trending: Woman Charged with Attempted Murder After Shooting Alleged Home Invader

Instead, the journalists and officials began screaming while a Swiss official tried to ask those causing the commotion to silence themselves, the outlet reported.

take our poll - story continues below

Do you think Cubans are fighting for healthcare or freedom from Communism? (1)

  • Do you think Cubans are fighting for healthcare or freedom from Communism?

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Journalists were shoving and pushing one another, the Daily Mail reported, as they tried to get into the room where Biden and Russia’s President Vladimir Putin were present. The outlet reported that two American journalists claimed Russian officials tugged at their clothes while trying to push them out of the room.

According to the Daily Mail, despite attempts by White House officials to get more of the American media inside the room, only nine could enter.

However, the outlet reported that White House officials said both the U.S. and Russian delegations had agreed to have 13 reporters from both sides in the room.

When the yelling and shoving did not halt, Russian security officers reportedly pulled the red rope separating the dignitaries from the media to maintain distance.

Politico reported that Russian security officials shouted at the journalists, asking them to move out as they started pushing the journalists out.

The commotion went on as Secretary of State Antony Blinken, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, Biden and Putin looked at the group.

The Daily Mail reported that White House officials and journalists were shouting at Russian security officials, asking them not to touch the media members.

According to the outlet, the first session between the two presidents went on for an hour and 33 minutes before they headed to a bigger meeting between delegations from both countries.

The leaders then had a news conference, Putin speaking with journalists first.

Putin told reporters that the meeting with Biden was “constructive,” according to CBS News.

“It seems to me that we did speak the same language,” he added saying, “It certainly doesn’t imply that we looked into each other’s eyes and found a soul or swore eternal friendship.”

When reporters raised the question of jailed Putin critic Alexei Navalny, Putin responded by pointing to the United States’ treatment of those accused of being involved in the Jan 6. incursion into the Capitol, according to Yahoo News.

“People entered with some political demands at the Congress of the US,” Putin claimed, according to reporting from RT. “They are called domestic terrorists and they are accused of a number of other crimes. 70 people were detained right away after this event and 30 of them are still detained and nobody knows why and for what reason — because no official authority in the US informed anybody about that.”

He also reportedly pointed to the killing of Ashli Babbitt, saying, “One of the participants was shot by a police officer there and she didn’t threaten the police officer with a weapon.”

Biden spoke to reporters after Putin.

According to CBS, Biden told journalists that Putin “knows I will take action” in preventing Russia from engaging in alleged activities such as election interference and cyberattacks. Biden added that Putin “knows there are consequences.”

“We had covered so much,” Biden said in reference to the talks, CNN reported.

Biden reportedly told reporters:

“So, there was a summary done by him and by me of what we covered. Lavrov and Blinken talked about what we covered. We raised things that required more amplification or we made sure we did not have any misunderstandings. It was after two hours there, we looked at each other like, ‘okay, what next?’ What is going to happen next is we’re going to be able to look back, look ahead in three to six months and say, did the things we agree to sit down and work out, did it work? Are we closer to a major strategic stability talks and progress? … That’s going to be the test. I am not sitting here saying because the President and I agreed we would do these things that all of a sudden it’s going to work. I’m not saying that. What I am saying is that I think there’s a genuine prospect to significantly improve the relations between the two countries, without giving up anything on principles and values.”

Biden said no threats were made during the meeting, according to CNN.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.


Family Escapes Through 2nd-Story Window During Armed Standoff After Suspect Barricades Door: Report

Western Journal



On July 25, in Auburn, Alabama, a man reportedly put his family, his neighborhood, first responders and himself in a very dangerous position. Calls came into the Auburn Police District around 7:00 p.m. reporting a domestic violence incident in the Camden Ridge Subdivision. When police arrived, the man reportedly began firing at them with a handgun. Police fired back, and the man retreated into the home, where he also had his family trapped in a room. Thanks to the police and fire department coming together and working smarter instead of harder, the situation was resolved without injury to the family members trapped upstairs. It was firefighter Andrew Kiser, Chief of Police Cedric Anderson and Shift Supervisor Lt. Cody Hill who were responsible for carrying out the daring rescue that helped bring the threat to an end. While the shooter refused to exit the house, the men carried a ladder to the house and set it up to reach one of the second-story windows, where they learned the man’s family had been trapped. While Anderson held the ladder steady, Hill climbed the ladder and Kiser assisted the family as they climbed out of the window. With the family out of the way, Lee County SWAT was able to enter the house and capture the suspect. He was taken to Baptist Medical Center South after he was found to have sustained what appeared to be a gunshot wound. “Auburn PD Alerts: Heavy Police Activity in the Camden Ridge Subdivision, in the area of Wedgewood Ct.,” a public safety alert for the area read, according to WRBL-TV. “The scene is secure at this time, NO ONGOING THREAT.” Auburn Assistant Police Chief Clarence Stewart praised the efforts of all involved, highlighting how each group present played an important role in…

Continue Reading


After Receiving Call About Blazing Attic Fire, Police Rescue Man Trapped Inside Smoke-Filled Bedroom

Western Journal



A family in Marlboro Township, New Jersey, woke up just before midnight on Sunday and sensed something was wrong. They called 911 at around 11:38 p.m., reporting a “possible fire at the residence,” according to The Journal NJ. Officers Ryan Anzalone, Donna Gonzalez, Michael Morgante and Colin Murray with the Marlboro Township Police Department were first on the scene and quickly assessed the situation. They found smoke pouring out of the attic, but were relieved to see the family appeared to have exited the home. After a short time, though, the family realized one of their members was not with them, and was likely still trapped inside on the second floor. Gonzalez and Anzalone charged in and found the man, as described, in a bedroom on the second floor. By the time they got there, the room was “completely filled with smoke,” but they managed to rescue the resident. The fire department had a difficult time accessing the home due to the long, narrow driveway and a large landscaping rock. “While enroute Chief 2-66 was advised of heavy smoke from the attic,” the Robertsville Volunteer Fire Co. #1 posted on Facebook. “At the time the mutual aid response plan was put in place and the box alarm was requested to bring in initial assistance.” “Upon the arrival of 2-66 Chief advised the house was located down a 180 foot narrow driveway. Once engine 2-75 arrived there was trouble accessing the house due to a large ornamental boulder and trees. Members of the engine and police moved the 400lb boulder so the engine could get to the house and attack the fire. “As the incident progressed, the second alarm mutual aid plan was requested for this deep seated, hard to access attic fire.” The two officers who…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week