;
Connect with us

News

CDC Set to Make Major Change to Mask Policy as Delta Variant Spreads

One step forward, two steps back…

Published

on

We were so close, weren’t we?  It has very much felt like the American people were on the precipice of pandemic peace in recent weeks, as restaurants and movie theaters and concert venues all began to open back up in earnest.

But then the “delta” variant began to spread, having mutated out of the unvaccinated populations of the world, spreading faster and more vociferously than the strain we’d been battling for well over a year.  Now, thanks to a major uptick in transmission rates, the CDC is about to take a large step backward.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expected to recommend Tuesday that fully vaccinated people begin wearing masks indoors again in places with high Covid-19 transmission rates, according to people familiar with the matter.

Federal health officials still believe fully vaccinated individuals represent a very small amount of transmission, according to the sources. Still, some vaccinated people could be carrying higher levels of the virus than previously understood and potentially transmit it to others, they said.

take our poll - story continues below

Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?

  • Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

The CDC is slated to hold a briefing at 3 p.m. ET on Tuesday.

The weather had something to do with it, as well.

The updated guidance comes ahead of the fall season, when the highly contagious delta variant is expected to cause another surge in new coronavirus cases and many large employers plan to bring workers back to the office. In mid-May, the CDC said fully vaccinated people didn’t need to wear masks in most settings, whether indoors or outdoors.

The move is certainly not going to be a popular one in the United States, where the vaccination rate has essentially peaked, with nearly half the country having opted to forego the inoculation.

News

Paging Fox Mulder: Pentagon Could Open Permanent UFO Office in Coming Months

In yet another case of life imitating art, it appears as though we’re about to have out own government funded X-Files office.

Published

on

The truth is out there, and the Pentagon is ready to commit to searching for it full-time.

Over the course of the last several years, Americans have heard more from their government on the subject of UFO’s than ever before.  This is thanks to a number of well-documented sightings from within the military, and a massive glut of disclosure that was forced out of the CIA through an amendment to a COVID-19 relief bill.

Now, amid this rise in interest, the Pentagon is getting serious about the subject.

Tucked into the House of Representatives’ lengthy fiscal 2022 National Defense Authorization Act proposal lawmakers passed Thursday evening is a provision to form a permanent office under the Defense secretary, where officials would investigate government- and military-provided reports of unexplained sights in the sky.

take our poll - story continues below

Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?

  • Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

That office would “carry out, on a department-wide basis, the mission currently performed by the Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon Task Force,” according to a less-than-five-page section in the House’s NDAA, which was put forth by Rep. Ruben Gallego, D-Ariz., a Marine Corps combat veteran.

The office would work to standardize the way in which the DOD documents the phenomenon.

Specifically, officials within that hub would develop a means to synchronize and standardize the collection and analysis of such incidents across federal departments, search for links between these occurrences and foreign governments, evaluate how much of a threat the sightings pose, work with U.S. allies to assess the origins of UAPs and more, the text notes. Starting Dec. 31, 2022 and annually through 2026, the Defense secretary would be required to supply multiple Congressional committees with reports on such phenomenon. Among other topics, those materials would need to include analyses of relevant data collected through geospatial, signals and human intelligence, details of any notable patterns in sightings, and evaluations of health-related effects on people who encountered UAPs. Many of these recommendations were alluded to in that preliminary document from the task force.

In yet another case of life imitating art, it appears as though we’re about to have out own government funded X-Files office.

The truth is out there, and the Pentagon is ready to commit to searching for it full-time. Over the course of the last several years, Americans have heard more from their government on the subject of UFO’s than ever before.  This is thanks to a number of well-documented sightings from within the military, and a massive glut of disclosure that was forced out of the CIA through an amendment to a COVID-19 relief bill. Now, amid this rise in interest, the Pentagon is getting serious about the subject. Tucked into the House of Representatives’ lengthy fiscal 2022 National Defense Authorization Act proposal lawmakers passed Thursday evening is a provision to form a permanent office under the Defense secretary, where officials would investigate government- and military-provided reports of unexplained sights in the sky. That office would “carry out, on a department-wide basis, the mission currently performed by the Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon Task Force,” according to a less-than-five-page section in the House’s NDAA, which was put forth by Rep. Ruben Gallego, D-Ariz., a Marine Corps combat veteran. The office would work to standardize the way in which the DOD documents the phenomenon. Specifically, officials within that hub would develop a means to synchronize and standardize the collection and analysis of such incidents across federal departments, search for links between these occurrences and foreign governments, evaluate how much of a threat the sightings pose, work with U.S. allies to assess the origins of UAPs and more, the text notes. Starting Dec. 31, 2022 and annually through 2026, the Defense secretary would be required to supply multiple Congressional committees with reports on such phenomenon. Among other topics, those materials would need to include analyses of relevant data collected through geospatial, signals and human intelligence, details of any notable patterns in sightings, and evaluations of…

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Giuliani Jilted: Fox News Bans Rudy and Son from Appearing on Network

This, after Rudy was integral in bringing Fox News to the mainstream.

Published

on

In the latest bit of fallout from Donald Trump’s first term as President, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani has been banned by Fox News.

Giuliani, who served as the personal attorney for Donald Trump during much of his presidency, is currently in legal limbo, having lost his ability to practice law in New York while facing a rather sizable defamation lawsuit from Dominion Voting Systems.

Now, as many continue to wonder how much influence Trump will have on the future of the Republican Party, Giuliani has taken a major publicity hit.

Prior to a scheduled appearance on “Fox & Friends” on Sept. 11, “Fox & Friends Weekend” co-host Pete Hegseth apparently called the former New York City mayor the night before and apologized, telling him he had been canceled from their guest list.

take our poll - story continues below

Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?

  • Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

The decision was particularly troubling for Rudy.

A source close to the former New York City mayor told Playbook that Giuliani was upset by the decision because he had “done a big favor” for Fox Corp. founder and Chairman Rupert Murdoch.

“He was instrumental in getting Fox on Time Warner so it could be watched in New York City,” the source told Playbook.

Giuliani’s son Andrew is also reportedly banned from the network, although no official reasoning has been given for either action.

 

In the latest bit of fallout from Donald Trump’s first term as President, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani has been banned by Fox News. Giuliani, who served as the personal attorney for Donald Trump during much of his presidency, is currently in legal limbo, having lost his ability to practice law in New York while facing a rather sizable defamation lawsuit from Dominion Voting Systems. Now, as many continue to wonder how much influence Trump will have on the future of the Republican Party, Giuliani has taken a major publicity hit. Prior to a scheduled appearance on “Fox & Friends” on Sept. 11, “Fox & Friends Weekend” co-host Pete Hegseth apparently called the former New York City mayor the night before and apologized, telling him he had been canceled from their guest list. The decision was particularly troubling for Rudy. A source close to the former New York City mayor told Playbook that Giuliani was upset by the decision because he had “done a big favor” for Fox Corp. founder and Chairman Rupert Murdoch. “He was instrumental in getting Fox on Time Warner so it could be watched in New York City,” the source told Playbook. Giuliani’s son Andrew is also reportedly banned from the network, although no official reasoning has been given for either action.  

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week