Connect with us

Wire

Celtics Player Enes Kanter Freedom Savages ‘Warriors’ Owner Over Sick China Admission

Western Journal

Published

on

The NBA has repeatedly made it clear through its actions that it does not care about genocide in China nearly as much as it cares about “social justice” movements in the United States.

On Monday, Golden State Warriors co-owner Chamath Palihapitiya made his position on the Uyghur genocide known, and Boston Celtics center Enes Kanter Freedom rightfully ripped him for it.

Palihapitiya made his wildly insensitive comments on a podcast, Fox News reported.

“Nobody cares about what’s happening to the Uyghurs, OK?” Palihapitiya said. “You bring it up because you really care, and I think that’s nice that you care. The rest of us don’t care.”

“I’m telling you a very hard, ugly truth. Of all the things that I care about, yes, it is below my line.”

In December, CNN said the U.S. State Department estimated as many as two million Uyghurs were forced into “a sprawling network of detention centers across Xinjiang, where former detainees allege they were subjected to intense political indoctrination, forced labor, torture and even sexual abuse.”

The federal government has officially accused China of genocide and other humanitarian crimes in its Xinjiang province, but that apparently is not enough to concern a business tycoon like Palihapitiya.

According to Fox News’ Tucker Carlson, Palihapitiya is also a significant donor to the Democratic Party. Carlson called him “a repulsive human being.”

Freedom, who lived under a repressive regime himself in Turkey, has been an outspoken critic of the NBA for its ignorance of the situation in China.

He became a U.S. citizen last year and changed his name in the process to celebrate achieving his American dream. However, Freedom understands not everyone enjoys this liberty, and he has continued to work towards ending repression around the world.

During his appearance on Fox News on Monday night, he told Carlson how shocked he was to hear Palihapitiya’s comments.

“I remember we had a game today at 12:30, and my manager texted me this video right before the game, and first of all, I couldn’t believe it,” Freedom said. “I was very angry, very disgusted and very disappointed.”

Freedom said he had trouble focusing during the Celtics’ Monday afternoon game against the New Orleans Pelicans because he was so disgusted by the comments.

“I mean, you look at the Uyghur people, what’s happened to the Uyghurs is one of the worst human rights abuses in the world today, and there is a genocide happening while we are talking right now,” Freedom said.

“And him going out there and saying, ‘I could care less,’ it’s a shame, and it is disgusting.”

Of course, Palihapitiya has been an outspoken proponent of the Black Lives Matter movement in America. In June 2020, he wrote on Twitter that the word “blacklist” was racist, and he didn’t appear to be joking.

While fighting such important battles to cancel words that have nothing to do with race, Palihapitiya couldn’t possibly be bothered to worry about actual genocide in China. Isn’t that logical?

The Golden State Warriors issued a statement Monday attempting to distance the organization from Palihapitiya.

“As a limited investor who has no day-to-day operating functions with the Warriors, Mr. Palihapitiya does not speak on behalf of our franchise, and his views certainly don’t reflect those of our organization.”

Even in that statement, the Warriors did not even include the words “Uyghur” or “genocide,” probably for fear of backlash from China — with whom the NBA routinely partners.

Palihapitiya issued a statement of his own explaining that he was not being insensitive because he was actually a victim himself, which is supposed to devolve him of all responsibility in the eyes of left.

Neither of these half-baked statements change the disgusting nature of Palihapitiya’s comments. He clearly demonstrated he cares more about manufactured “social justice” causes than he cares about genocide worldwide, and this view is sadly not exclusive to him within the NBA.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

Wire

Army Reveals New Weapon Intended to Become Standard-Issue Rifle in Combat Force

Western Journal

Published

on

The Army has revealed the weapon intended to replace the M4 carbine in front-line combat units.

The branch announced a 10-year, $20.4- million contract to Sig Sauer to produce two weapons it’s calling the next-generation squad weapons at the end of April, according to a U.S. Army Public Affairs press release.

The weapons are the XM5 rifle and the XM250 automatic rifle. The former is intended for individual soldiers, and the latter is intended as a replacement for squad automatic weapons like the M249 light machine gun.

The weapons are being supplied to combat arms across the branch, with the branch planning on eventual widespread distribution. If the weapon is adopted across the Army, it would be the most dramatic change to the branch’s standard weapon since the Vietnam War.

The M16 became the first assault rifle in US military use during that conflict, with the M4 carbine entering service as a shortened version of the rifle in the following decades.

The two weapons will fire a bigger bullet than their predecessors. Both are chambered for 6.8-millimeter rounds, rather than the 5.56 of the M4 and M429.

The new round is thought to be more lethal against a foe who is wearing body armor.

The military is gradually retooling for more conventional wars against state opponents, as opposed to the Global War on Terror against irregular Islamic terrorist forces.

The weapon has some visual similarities to the AR family of weapons used by both American civilians and service members, and some crucial differences.

The rifle has a charging handle like the AR-15, but its bolt catch is different.

“Both weapons provide significant capability improvements in accuracy, range and overall lethality,” said the Army’s statement in announcing the contract.

“They are lightweight, fire more lethal ammunition, mitigate recoil, provide improved barrel performance, and include integrated muzzle sound and flash reduction.”

The weapons are designed for use with the XM157 Fire Control system, a tool that will integrate a variable optic, a laser rangefinder and a ballistic calculator.

Widespread adoption of the XM5 rifle isn’t assured at this stage of its development, with the performance of the weapon likely to determine whether it becomes the Army’s standard-issue rifle.

Colonel Scott Madore, who oversaw testing of the XM5 against competing rifles, said that service members tested the weapon for 20,000 hours to gauge its utility.

There’s no indication that a civilian version of the XM5 is in commercial development, although it’s likely a semi-automatic version will end up in gun stores if the rifle proves effective and reliable.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

The Army has revealed the weapon intended to replace the M4 carbine in front-line combat units. The branch announced a 10-year, $20.4- million contract to Sig Sauer to produce two weapons it’s calling the next-generation squad weapons at the end of April, according to a U.S. Army Public Affairs press release. The weapons are the XM5 rifle and the XM250 automatic rifle. The former is intended for individual soldiers, and the latter is intended as a replacement for squad automatic weapons like the M249 light machine gun. The weapons are being supplied to combat arms across the branch, with the branch planning on eventual widespread distribution. If the weapon is adopted across the Army, it would be the most dramatic change to the branch’s standard weapon since the Vietnam War. The M16 became the first assault rifle in US military use during that conflict, with the M4 carbine entering service as a shortened version of the rifle in the following decades. The two weapons will fire a bigger bullet than their predecessors. Both are chambered for 6.8-millimeter rounds, rather than the 5.56 of the M4 and M429. The new round is thought to be more lethal against a foe who is wearing body armor. The military is gradually retooling for more conventional wars against state opponents, as opposed to the Global War on Terror against irregular Islamic terrorist forces. The weapon has some visual similarities to the AR family of weapons used by both American civilians and service members, and some crucial differences. The rifle has a charging handle like the AR-15, but its bolt catch is different. “Both weapons provide significant capability improvements in accuracy, range and overall lethality,” said the Army’s statement in announcing the contract. “They are lightweight, fire more lethal ammunition, mitigate recoil, provide improved barrel…

Continue Reading

Wire

Op-Ed: I’m Furious the Black Community Is Being Used to Perpetrate an Attack Against Americans

Western Journal

Published

on

Something maniacal was unleashed in the wake of the leaked draft opinion detailing the Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade.

This frightening new obscenity is more insidious and deadly than Jim Crow ever was. I join many others who are furious that the black community is yet again being used to perpetrate a terroristic attack against the people of America.

It is the elites who are calling for women to take it to the streets — to protest the potential reversal of a decision that has had a genocidal and devastating impact on this nation. In particular, they desire the black community — those who have had their birthrate so gutted they are no longer having enough children to remain 12 percent of the population — to join them in the streets. That will not happen this time.

All across America, black women of childbearing age — those who have been targeted consistently by the abortion industry — have had proportionately the greatest number of abortions. In fact, black women of childbearing age are roughly 3 percent of the population and yet have 40 percent of all abortions. In some states, the numbers are so horrific they should take your breath away, with more abortions being performed than babies being born.

Georgia, where I am running for governor, is one of those states. In 2020, there were 31,248 abortions performed. Of that staggering number, 20,601 — 66 percent — were on black women. More abortions were performed in Georgia than ever before, making it a banner year for the abortion industry — even during a pandemic.

The very same year, Planned Parenthood, the nation’s leading abortion provider whose Southeast regional office is in Atlanta, announced that it is a systemically racist, white supremacist organization that has caused “reproductive harm” to minority women. The reaction… crickets.

There was no marching, protests or outrage from black “social justice” leaders. There was no rioting, shouts of “Black Lives Matter” or demands to shut Planned Parenthood down. Not one black legislator elected to protect black interests marched in the streets or otherwise reacted to Planned Parenthood’s admission. Instead, they continued to accept money from the organization that has killed millions of their own. The silence was deafening.

The civil rights movement was never meant to be used as a tool to destroy the black family. Yet politicians have used the movement to create a false narrative that includes the “right” to take unborn lives.

Through Planned Parenthood’s Negro Project, launched in 1939 and continuing today, political operatives such as Stacey Abrams and Sen. Raphael Warnock are paid to promote birth control and abortion as lifesaving tools, especially for black women. They call it “reproductive justice” — but it is anything but just.

In response to the possibility that Roe could be no more, Abrams announced she is suspending her campaign fundraising in favor of raising money for the very organizations that have taken more black lives than any group, including the KKK. Since 1973, more than 20 million black babies have died in one of the abortion centers in or near black neighborhoods. This staggering number is more than America’s entire black population in 1960.

I am furious that Abrams and others dare to prostitute the black experience to sell abortions to black women. Not one of our ancestors fought, bled and died so that the black community could be exterminated in the name of civil rights, social justice or women’s health.

The diabolical plan launched by Abrams in support of the longstanding Negro Project has to be stopped dead in its tracks, along with all the other elite-driven plans of terror aimed at persuading the Supreme Court justices to change their votes. I am calling on all people of goodwill, all people who believe every life should be protected whether in the womb or out, to stand in unity against this latest plot intended to intimidate the court to make a political rather than a constitutional decision.

I am calling on the black community to no longer allow our lives to be prostituted for the sake of enriching a few. Our nation, our state and our community deserve the right to life.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

Something maniacal was unleashed in the wake of the leaked draft opinion detailing the Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade. This frightening new obscenity is more insidious and deadly than Jim Crow ever was. I join many others who are furious that the black community is yet again being used to perpetrate a terroristic attack against the people of America. It is the elites who are calling for women to take it to the streets — to protest the potential reversal of a decision that has had a genocidal and devastating impact on this nation. In particular, they desire the black community — those who have had their birthrate so gutted they are no longer having enough children to remain 12 percent of the population — to join them in the streets. That will not happen this time. All across America, black women of childbearing age — those who have been targeted consistently by the abortion industry — have had proportionately the greatest number of abortions. In fact, black women of childbearing age are roughly 3 percent of the population and yet have 40 percent of all abortions. In some states, the numbers are so horrific they should take your breath away, with more abortions being performed than babies being born. Georgia, where I am running for governor, is one of those states. In 2020, there were 31,248 abortions performed. Of that staggering number, 20,601 — 66 percent — were on black women. More abortions were performed in Georgia than ever before, making it a banner year for the abortion industry — even during a pandemic. The very same year, Planned Parenthood, the nation’s leading abortion provider whose Southeast regional office is in Atlanta, announced that it is a systemically racist, white supremacist organization that has caused “reproductive…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week