Please disable your Ad Blocker to better interact with this website.

Connect with us

News

Chicago Police Cite NEW EVIDENCE, Release Nigerian Brothers In Jussie Smollett Case

A new twist!

John Salvatore

Published

on

This Jussie Smollett situation has been full of twists and turns.

Originally, the report was that the openly gay “Empire” actor was attacked by two men who yelled, “This is MAGA country.”

Also, Smollett allegedly told authorities that his attackers were white.

Trending: WATCH: Ocasio-Cortez Speaks At Town Hall, Gets Heckled In Her Own District (Video)

Not long after, Smollett’s neighbors doubted his story and ABC Chicago said Smollett may have staged the attack.

take our poll - story continues below

Do you think Democrats will push out Representative Ilhan Omar over her anti-Semitism?

  • Do you think Democrats will push out Representative Ilhan Omar over her anti-Semitism?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Now, late on Friday night, it is being learned that the arrested Nigerian brothers were released after being detained due to “new evidence.”

From AP News:

Chicago police say they have released two Nigerian brothers who had been arrested earlier in the week on suspicion of assaulting “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett, saying that detectives have additional investigative work to complete.

The men were picked up by police Wednesday at Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport and their apartment was searched Thursday. They were questioned Friday but police were obliged to release them if they had not been charged within 48 hours.

On Smollett’s neighbors, via New York Post:

CHICAGO — Nearly two weeks after “Empire” star Jussie Smollett claimed he was the victim of a racist, homophobic attack, cops have yet to identify any suspects — and some people in his tony Chicago neighborhood are growing skeptical.

[…]

“I’ve been in this neighborhood five years. I don’t believe it, not around here … Half the people are gay and the other half are black.”

WATCH:

From ABC Chicago, who noted that Smollett staged the attack with the help of others because he was being written off the show.

From ABC 7:

Multiple sources have told ABC7 Eyewitness News that police are investigating whether Smollett and the two men staged the attack allegedly because Smollett was being written off of “Empire.”

[…]

The law enforcement official also told ABC News that the homes of the persons of interest were raided Wednesday night. Police removed shoes, electronic devices and other items they believe could help them they determine if the two people played any role in the assault from those homes.

It seems as though Jussie was doing whatever possible to stay relevant in an attempt to remain on the Fox hit series.

Here’s the interview Smollett conducted with Robin Roberts:

Stay tuned for more.

This story is far from being over just yet.

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.

News

BOMBSHELL: Report Claims Ukraine Colluded With Hillary Campaign to Defeat Trump

How about them apples?

John Salvatore

Published

on

All we hear about from the left is Russia, Russia, Russia. And yet, years later, there is still zero proof the Trump campaign colluded with the Kremlin to defeat Hillary Clinton in 2016. However, the evidence against the Hillary Clinton campaign continues to mount. Now, this… From The Hill: Ukraine’s top prosecutor divulged in an interview aired Wednesday on Hill.TV that he has opened an investigation into whether his country’s law enforcement apparatus intentionally leaked financial records during the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign about then-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort in an effort to sway the election in favor of Hillary Clinton. The leak of the so-called “black ledger” files to U.S. media prompted Manafort’s resignation from the Trump campaign and gave rise to one of the key allegations in the Russia collusion probe that has dogged Trump for the last two and a half years. Ukraine Prosecutor General Yurii Lutsenko’s probe was prompted by a Ukrainian parliamentarian’s release of a tape recording purporting to quote a top law enforcement official as saying his agency leaked the Manafort financial records to help Clinton’s campaign. Well, that seems like kind of a problem, huh? Will the mainstream media care to report?? The Hillary Clinton campaign has seemingly been routinely caught working with outside sources to gain insight on Trump. Why is there no media coverage on that angle? Why such hypocrisy? Why such a double standard? Those were rhetorical. Now, it seems as though a foreign government official once offered the Hillary campaign information on then-candidate Donald Trump. From American Mirror: A high-ranking member in the Verkohvna Rada of Ukraine is accusing the head of the country’s anti-corruption bureau of leaking information about associates of Donald Trump to the Hillary Clinton campaign in 2016, according to the television station 112 UA. MP…

Continue Reading

News

New Zealand Prime Minister Just Banned ‘Semi-Automatic’ Guns After Mosque Shooting

Liberals will have a field day…

John Salvatore

Published

on

50 people were killed after a man opened fire at a mosque in New Zealand. It was a terrible tragedy that the far-left mainstream media has decided to link to President Trump, because, of course. Now, the prime minister of the country has decided to ban “military-style semi-automatic” weapons. From Fox News: New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern on Thursday announced the country was immediately banning “military-style semi-automatic weapons” after last week’s attack that killed 50 people at two mosques. Ardern noted, “As I’ve said, what we’ve done here is taken out the guns out of circulation that are most critical to be addressed urgently and that’s what we’ve announced, with essentially almost immediate effect.” Ardern added: “There is more to be done and tranche two will look at issues around licensing, issues around registration, issues around storage. There are a range of other amendments that we believe do need to be made and that will be the second tranche of reforms yet to come.” This is clearly an impulsive move from the New Zealand government. Liberals will be elated. Democrats love them some “sanctuary cities” for people who aren’t supposed to be in the country. Now, some proud American sheriffs are set to make their counties sanctuaries for gun owners in order to preserve their citizens’ Second Amendment rights. Here are the details… From Reuters: A rapidly growing number of counties in at least four states are declaring themselves Second Amendment sanctuaries, refusing to enforce gun-control laws that they consider to be infringements on the U.S. constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Organizers of the pro-gun sanctuaries admit they took the idea from liberals who have created immigration sanctuaries across the United States where local officials defy the Trump administration’s efforts to enforce tougher immigration laws. Now local…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week

Send this to a friend