Connect with us

News

Damning Report Makes It Clear: Team Cuomo Altered COVID Numbers to Protect Governor

How is he still in office?

John Salvatore

Published

on

How any political observer in their right mind can believe that Andrew Cuomo’s career will continue in Albany is one of the great mysteries of our time.

The New York Governor has been absolutely hammered by scandal in recent days, and there have been calls for his resignation from every corner of the political spectrum.

And it ain’t over yet.

Trending: Marxist Privilege

From Fox News:

take our poll - story continues below

Is the Biden Administration Destroying Our Constitution?

  • Is the Biden Administration Destroying Our Constitution?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Top advisers to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo influenced state health officials to remove data from a public report that showed coronavirus-related nursing-home deaths in the state had exceeded numbers previously acknowledged by the administration, a bombshell report says.

Details about the July report were disclosed Thursday night in a story first published by The Wall Street Journal.

CONTINUED:

The final report focused only on nursing-home residents who died inside those facilities and did not include nursing-home residents who were transferred to hospitals after becoming sick, the Journal reported.

That means the state’s reported tally of 6,432 nursing-home resident deaths was significantly lower than the actual nursing-home death toll, sources with knowledge of the state report’s preparation told the newspaper.

This news comes weeks after it was revealed that Cuomo has attempted to bully his subordinates into keep the nursing home scandal under wraps, and only days after a trio of women accused him of sickening and inappropriate behavior.

Cuomo has refused to heed the calls for his ouster, and, instead, went on the offensive against the second most powerful politician in New York State – who just happens to also be a Democrat.

News

Charges Announced in the Death of Daunte Wright

The charges may not appease protesters, however.

Published

on

As Minneapolis and her suburbs contuse to grapple with violence and looting in the aftermath of the death of Daunte Wright, officials on Wednesday announced charges against the officer involved in the case. Wright was shot and killed several days ago in an incident that was described as “accidental” by the police chief of Brooklyn Center, a suburb of Minneapolis where, coincidentally, the trial of Derek Chauvin, the police officer involved in the death of George Floyd, is currently ongoing. Now it appears as though another trial will be coming to the greater Minneapolis area in the coming months. Local prosecutors in Minnesota on Wednesday are expected to charge former Brooklyn Center Police Officer Kim Potter with second-degree manslaughter in the death of 20-year-old Daunte Wright, as civil unrest has persisted for three consecutive nights, with demonstrations spilling into Minneapolis. Washington County Attorney Pete Orput is expected to announce the second-degree manslaughter charge later Wednesday. Orput did not immediately return a voicemail left by Fox News on Wednesday. The charge carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison, according to The Associated Press. The Minneapolis Star-Tribune, KSTP and Minnesota Public Radio all reported Orput’s expected charging announcement. Potter is believed to have been reaching for her taser when she accidentally brandished her service pistol instead, striking and killing Wright with one projectile, while expressing her disbelief as seen and heard on body cam footage.

Continue Reading

News

Despite Travel Warning, MI Health Official Visits Popular Spring Break Spot

And it’s not the first time that Michigan officials have been caught flouting their own guidance.

Published

on

While we may be nearing the end, or at least the beginning of the end of the coronavirus pandemic, there are still some pockets of the nation where trouble remains high.  Michigan just happens to be one of those places. This, despite the draconian lockdowns imposed by controversial Governor Gretchen Whitmer, who has been the target of a number of harsh criticisms over her handling of the pandemic. Now, in what some seem to believe could be a brazen flouting of their own advice, one top health official in the state has jetted off to a popular spring break destination while Michigan itself remains under a travel advisory. Michigan’s new health director traveled to Alabama last week shortly after Gov. Gretchen Whitmer discouraged residents from traveling as the state leads the nation in the highest number of new coronavirus cases, a local news service first reported this week. Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Director Elizabeth Hertel was in Gulf Shores, Ala., according to the Michigan Information & Research Service. Gulf Shores is a popular resort destination along the Gulf of Mexico. A DHHS spokesperson told Fox News the agency does not “discuss the director’s personal schedule.” The locals were not amused. “The sheer brazenness of Gov. Whitmer and her staff is truly something else,” Michigan GOP spokesman Ted Goodman told Fox News. “The fact that our Governor and her top staff think it’s appropriate to travel out of state on vacation as Michigan faces the worst COVID numbers of any state in the country just reveals the arrogance and condescending nature of this administration. Whitmer’s position on the draconian lockdown orders is simple — rules for thee, but not for me.” This isn’t the first time that Michigan officials have been caught ignoring their own advice, with Governor Whitmer’s…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week