Please disable your Ad Blocker to better interact with this website.

Connect with us

News

David Hogg Bullied Publix, Who Caved to the Pressure, Now the Free Market is Delivering a Powerful Response

They better get the message.

Published

on

Last week David Hogg, the anti-gun Parkland survivor and gun control activist, attempted to bully the Publix grocery chain into coughing up a million bucks for a donation and an anti-NRA pledge after discovering they backed a pro-gun GOP candidate running for Florida governor.

The chain ended up caving in to the pressure, as most big businesses do when they fear backlash from consumers who pay their bills, opting to stop sending campaign donations on Friday. However, the free market has responded to the situation and it’s powerful.

Publix spokesman Dwaine Steven told the Orlando Sentinel on Friday his employer never meant to upset its customer base with its political donations — which crossed party lines — so Publix executives decided to stop all political donations.

take our poll - story continues below

Should President Trump declare a national emergency to build the wall?

  • Should President Trump declare a national emergency to build the wall?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Trending: Actor’s Hate Hoax Planned After Previous Propaganda Effort Was Panned

“We would never knowingly disappoint our customers or the communities we serve,” he said. “As a result, we decided earlier this week to suspend corporate-funded political contributions as we reevaluate our giving processes.”

For many Americans, Publix’s decision was another slap in the face, just one more entity caving to the liberal outrage mob. So they decided to hit back.

Thousands of Americans have voiced their displeasure over Publix’s lack of backbone and have decided to take their grocery needs to other stores. It’s a counter-boycott of sorts, but really it’s just a free-market reaction to Publix’s decision.

https://twitter.com/dbongino/status/1000345501424898048

https://twitter.com/Michael_Haz/status/1000721471730266112

How ironic is it that the very thing Publix sought to prevent, losing customers, is exactly what happened when they decided to cave in to the pressure presented by a small group of radical gun haters?

Listen, the Publix chain can support whoever they want, it’s a free country, after all. Well, for the moment anyway. However, that doesn’t mean that their choices won’t come with negative consequences.

A company that so easily and quickly caves into pressure and abandons it’s principles is a company that cannot and should not be trusted. It’s obvious that money matters more than integrity for this business, and that’s dangerous to our movement.

Hopefully, after having their wallet zapped, they’ll come to their senses and not allow themselves to be bullied by the left into compromise, especially on important issues and values.

Source: TheBlaze

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.

News

HERE WE GO: Mueller Report Expected as Early as NEXT WEEK

Will Mueller go out with a bang, or a whimper? We may soon find out.

Published

on

Robert Mueller

It has been a long and arduous journey these last 20-some month, waiting to find out just what the Special Counsel thinks about the 2016 election of Donald Trump to the White House.

For the left, Mueller has been represented as some last-ditch effort to somehow nullify the results of that contest, and reignite the debate over whether or not Donald Trump is guilty of something far worse than election fraud.

Of course, one would imagine that a man of his investigatory diligence would have sniffed out such a wild reality far earlier than 20 months into this probe.  In other words, Mueller certainly has a pile of evidence to show us, but his report will be more of a smothering pillow than a knife to the throat.

take our poll - story continues below

Should President Trump declare a national emergency to build the wall?

  • Should President Trump declare a national emergency to build the wall?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

The slow and infuriating media spin surrounding the coming report has been swirling for months, obviously, but we could be facing a full-blown, category 5 propaganda storm in just a matter of days.

Attorney General Bill Barr is preparing to announce as early as next week the completion of special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation, with plans for Barr to submit to Congress soon after a summary of Mueller’s confidential report, according to people familiar with the plans.

The preparations are the clearest indication yet that Mueller is nearly done with his almost two-year investigation.
The precise timing of the announcement is subject to change.
The scope and contours of what Barr will send to Congress remain unclear. Also unclear is how long it will take Justice officials to prepare what will be submitted to lawmakers.
The report will undoubtedly be contentious, not only in its content, but in its exclusion from the public eye.
Many are expecting the report to remain classified, at least at first – a possibility that has many taxpayers and Congresspeople furious.

 

Continue Reading

News

Lawyer for Covington Kid Brings $250 Million Defamation Suit Against ‘Washington Post’

Sandmann’s lawyer, Lin Wood, added that more lawsuits would be filed against other news sources and even some entertainers in the coming weeks.

Published

on

MAGA

A lawyer for one of the Covington Catholic kids falsely accused of being a “racist” against a group of Native Americans in Washington D.C. is now suing the Washington Post for defamation… for a whopping 250 million bucks.

You’ll recall that the whole left-wing media establishment jumped to the conclusions that a group of Catholic school kids from Kentucky were “racists” when video broke that liberals claimed showed the teens “mocking” a group of Native Americans led by notorious liar Nathan Phillips.

“News” outlets such as the Washington Post immediately branded the kids as white privilege-infused racists. The accusation was slammed home when the media began selling the lies of the leader of the Indian group, Nathan Phillips.

take our poll - story continues below

Should President Trump declare a national emergency to build the wall?

  • Should President Trump declare a national emergency to build the wall?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Phillips stampeded to every camera he could find to tell the media that the boys yelled racist, Trump slogans at him, that they threateningly “blocked” his movements, and that they mocked and intimidated him and his group.

But over the ensuing days, more and longer videos of the encounter between the school boys and the Native Americans came out that proved exactly the opposite of the original claims. Indeed, it was the kids who were accosted by the activists — including a group of black radicals that had been calling the boys names for half an hour before the Indians even showed up.

Sadly, the ignoramuses at the Covington Diocese immediately joined the left-wing media in denouncing the boys as racists. But, after the other videos emerged, the Catholic authorities launched an investigation that eventually cleared the boys of all wrongdoing.

“We found no evidence of offensive or racist statements by students to Mr. Phillips or members of his group,” the Church report said. “Some students performed a ‘tomahawk chop’ to the beat of Mr. Phillips’ drumming and some joined in Mr. Phillips’ chant.”

Now the main schoolboy who was accused of racism, Nick Sandmann, is suing those who attacked him unfairly and without proof.

According to the Washington Times:

“Nick Sandmann is 16 years old & has 2½+ years to identify accusers & sue them,” Atlanta attorney L. Lin Wood said Saturday on Twitter. “No member of mainstream & social media mob who attacked him should take comfort from not being sued in initial round of lawsuits which will commence next week. Time is Nick’s friend, not his enemy.”

Also, according to Reuters:

The lawsuit claims that the newspaper “wrongfully targeted and bullied” the teen to advance its bias against President Donald Trump because Sandmann is a white Catholic who wore a Make America Great Again souvenir cap on a school field trip to the March for Life anti-abortion rally in Washington, D.C. on Jan. 18.

Sandmann’s lawyer, Lin Wood, added that more lawsuits would be filed against other news sources and even some entertainers in the coming weeks.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Twitter @warnerthuston.

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week

Send this to a friend