Connect with us

News

Debate Commission Says Next Presidential Debate Will Be Virtual; Trump Refuses To Participate

Published

on

The Commission on Presidential Debates announced Thursday the next debate between President Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden would be done virtually with both individuals in different locations. However, this did not go over well with President Donald Trump who says he will not participate in this kind of format.

The reason for the new format is clearly the president’s COVID-19 positive test that was administered last week. Trump has been recovering well from the illness after being released from the hospital where he spent three days in recovery.

Here’s more on this from Daily Wire:

Trending: Biden At Final Debate: Nobody Lost Their Private Health Insurance Under Obamacare

“The second presidential debate will take the form of a town meeting, in which the candidates would participate from separate remote locations,” the commission said in a statement, according to CNN. “The town meeting participants and the moderator, Steve Scully, Senior Executive Producer & Political Editor, C-SPAN Networks, will be located at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County in Miami, Florida. The White House Pool will provide coverage of the second presidential debate.”

take our poll - story continues below

Trump or Biden, who will win?

  • Why wait until November 3? Show all of America who you're voting for in 2020  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Trump responded to the news on Fox Business minutes after the announcement, saying, “I’m not gonna do a virtual debate.”

A team of doctors, led by White House physician Dr. Sean Conley, cleared Trump for release on Monday. The president is at the White House recovering from COVID-19 after a stint at Walter Reed Medical Center.

“Over the past 24 hours, the president has continued to improve. He’s met or exceeded all standard hospital discharge criteria,” Conley stated Monday before just before Trump was released from the hospital. “He’ll receive another dose of Remdesivir here today, and then we plan to get him home. It’s been more than 72 hours since his last fever — oxygen levels, including ambulatory saturations and his … breathing are all normal. Though he may not entirely be out of the woods yet, the team and I agree that all our evaluations, and most importantly his clinical status, support the president’s safe return home, where he’ll be surrounded by world-class medical care 24/7.”

Both President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump tested positive for the illness on October 2. With the diagnosis came questions about whether or not Trump would be in good enough health to attend the debate, mostly due to the fact that the virus typically hits folks who are overweight and in his age range rather hard.

Biden has stated that if Trump still has the virus on October 15, the debate should just be cancelled.

“Well, I think if he still has COVID, we shouldn’t have a debate,” Biden told the press. “I think we’re gonna have to follow very strict guidelines. Too many people have been infected and it’s a very serious problem.”

“And so I’ll be guided by the guidelines of the Cleveland Clinic, and what the docs say is the right thing to do — if and when he shows up for debate,” he said.

Guess we’ll have to wait and see if there even is a second debate at this point. What a crazy election cycle this is turning out to be.

Save conservative media!

News

100-Pound Unexploded World War II Bomb Washes Ashore In North Carolina — Details

Say what!?

John Salvatore

Published

on

Here’s a story you don’t see all the time…or ever. Then again, this is the year 2020 – anything goes. If you’re a history buff, here’s your break from politics for a few minutes. Check this out, via News & Observer: The historic Cape Hatteras Light Station grounds were closed Thursday after a bomb appeared in the surf at Buxton on the Outer Banks, according to the National Park Service. A half-mile safety perimeter was established to keep tourists out, including the lighthouse grounds, nearby parking lots and surrounding beach, officials said in a release. The iconic lighthouse, with its famous black and white stripes, dates to 1870. “After careful examination, a U.S. Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) unit from Norfolk, Virginia, confirmed that the object … is a live military ordnance,” the National Park Service said in an update Thursday night. LOOK: Check out Joe Biden when he was in “North South Carolina”… WATCH: https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1233493414093737988?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1233493414093737988&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitchy.com%2Fgregp-3534%2F2020%2F02%2F28%2Fbiden-gaffe-watch-right-here-in-the-state-of-north-south-carolina%2F REACTIONS: https://twitter.com/hinck07/status/1233503129620164610 https://twitter.com/Deseeded1/status/1233499868309536768 https://twitter.com/PatFriedl/status/1233545078964150272 https://twitter.com/Lesmcness/status/1233503175098982403 https://twitter.com/mededu/status/1233521288091709442 https://twitter.com/DaveBritAbroad/status/1233509596083445764 https://twitter.com/Carole05840401/status/1233499739234209797

Continue Reading

News

Trump Was A Longtime Presbyterian, Now He Says He Is Non-Denominational Christian

Doin’ things his way…

John Salvatore

Published

on

From New York Post: President Trump, who has long identified as a Presbyterian, now considers himself a non-denominational Christian, a new report said. The president shared his change in religious identity in a written interview with the Religious News Service. “Though I was confirmed at a Presbyterian church as a child, I now consider myself to be a non-denominational Christian,” Trump wrote, without giving an explanation for the transformation or saying when it occurred. Because everything is so PC and everybody is afraid of saying the wrong thing, free speech is at an all-time low. People are getting fired from their jobs, even expelled from school. At the end of the day, this proves that the left is winning. And it has to stop. Check out this clip about a Christian university telling off a student for being critical of Black Lives Matter… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jga4RMRVqNU&feature=emb_title

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week