Connect with us

News

Disney World Stops Announcing ‘Ladies and Gentlemen’ Because its too ‘Gendered’

Woke Disney World in Florida, has stopped saying “ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls,” because it is too “gendered.”

Published

on

Woke Disney World in Orlando, Florida, has stopped saying “ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls,” because it is too “gendered” and not “sensitive” enough to “other” genders.

Saying it is a place that is “where everyone is welcome,” Disney World has axed its longtime announcement, Business Insider reported.

Instead of the “Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, dreamers of all ages” the new introduction heard staring last year 2020 is, “Good evening, dreamers of all ages,” employees told the Insider.

Trending: Civilian Alerts Airmen After Noticing Something Odd Coming from Back of F-15 Jet, Now They're Thanking Him

Employees were told of the new intro at a recent “cast member” meeting.

Disney refused to comment on the change but has noted that it has been changing its park experiences to include “inclusivity.”

For instance, Disney has said that one way it’s improving “inclusivity” is providing “greater flexibility with respect to forms of personal expression” of cast members in its musicals and shows “surrounding gender-inclusive hairstyles, jewelry, nail styles, and costume choices; and allowing appropriate visible tattoos.”

“The world is changing, and we will change with it, and continue to be a source of joy and inspiration for all the world,” a letter telling employees of the possible changes said.

Business Insider added:

In June 2020, Disney announced that it would turn its Splash Mountain attraction at its US theme parks into “Princess and the Frog”-themed rides.

The update was announced shortly after an online petition was created with the goal of encouraging Disney to ditch the ride’s music and characters from “Song of the South,” a 1946 Disney film that’s been widely criticized for its racist plot and imagery.

The company also announced in January that it’d be removing racially insensitive scenes from its classic Jungle Cruise rides.

Once again, the radical gay agenda takes precedent over everything else.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Facebook at: facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.

News

CDC Set to Make Major Change to Mask Policy as Delta Variant Spreads

One step forward, two steps back…

Published

on

We were so close, weren’t we?  It has very much felt like the American people were on the precipice of pandemic peace in recent weeks, as restaurants and movie theaters and concert venues all began to open back up in earnest. But then the “delta” variant began to spread, having mutated out of the unvaccinated populations of the world, spreading faster and more vociferously than the strain we’d been battling for well over a year.  Now, thanks to a major uptick in transmission rates, the CDC is about to take a large step backward. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expected to recommend Tuesday that fully vaccinated people begin wearing masks indoors again in places with high Covid-19 transmission rates, according to people familiar with the matter. Federal health officials still believe fully vaccinated individuals represent a very small amount of transmission, according to the sources. Still, some vaccinated people could be carrying higher levels of the virus than previously understood and potentially transmit it to others, they said. The CDC is slated to hold a briefing at 3 p.m. ET on Tuesday. The weather had something to do with it, as well. The updated guidance comes ahead of the fall season, when the highly contagious delta variant is expected to cause another surge in new coronavirus cases and many large employers plan to bring workers back to the office. In mid-May, the CDC said fully vaccinated people didn’t need to wear masks in most settings, whether indoors or outdoors. The move is certainly not going to be a popular one in the United States, where the vaccination rate has essentially peaked, with nearly half the country having opted to forego the inoculation.

Continue Reading

News

DeSantis Under Fire as Jacksonville Doc Pleads for COVID Help

But will the Sunshine State Governor be inclined to budge?

Published

on

Florida has long been a bastion of freedom during the COVID-19 pandemic, and Governor Ron DeSantis has been a large part of the reason why. DeSantis has repeatedly shunned the possibility of trouncing freedom for security in the Sunshine State, exuding a sort of libertarian ethos on the subject of the coronavirus crisis.  Not only has he refused to enact any harsh COVID-related restrictions, but DeSantis has even gone so far as to pardon any Floridians who faced charges on account of such guidelines. But now, as cases rise all across the state of Florida, one doctor in Jacksonville has a wild request for his governor. The Duval County Medical Society Foundation president urged Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to declare a State of Emergency in regards to the spike in coronavirus cases in the state. “Is it time for Governor to declare a state of emergency/public health emergency in Florida regarding COVID-19 hospitalizations with what we are seeing here? Yes,” Dr. Sunil Joshi tweeted Monday afternoon. Joshi continued by saying hospitals need federal money and extra staff to deal with growing numbers of patients with COVID-19. “Our hospitals, our hospital staff, the administration and every ancillary service is being overwhelmed with COVID patients,” Joshi told First Coast News. “That peak is happening at a much, much more steeper rate than it did at any time last year, and that is overwhelming our system.” DeSantis is unlikely to act in such a way, however, having already staked his reputation on the idea that Florida will not succumb to fear in the face of the virus.

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week