;
Connect with us

Wire

Fans Take Cover in Dugouts as Gunfire Erupts Mid-Game at DC Stadium

Western Journal

Published

on

Gunfire outside of Nationals Park in Washington, D.C., on  Saturday caused a mass exodus of fans from the stands who feared the shots were coming from inside the stadium.

As a result, the game between the San Diego Padres and Washington Nationals was suspended in the sixth inning, according to The Associated Press.

“It was just a chaotic scene,” umpire crew chief Mark Carlson told the wire service. “We heard what sounded like rapid gunfire. We didn’t know where it was coming from.”

According to police, gunshots were exchanged between the occupants of two separate cars, the AP reported.

take our poll - story continues below

Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?

  • Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Two people who had been one of the cars were being questioned after they showed up wounded at a local hospital for treatment.

A bystander who had been attending the game was among those wounded. She was outside the stadium at the time, according to the AP.

The shooting occurred about 9:30 p.m., according to The Washington Post.

“The Nationals initially announced there had been an incident outside the stadium and posted a message on the scoreboard telling fans to remain inside the stadium,” the AP reported.

Would a story like this keep you from attending a Major Leage Baseball game?

“About 10 minutes later, the team tweeted: ‘A shooting has been reported outside of the Third Base Gate at Nationals Park. Fans are encouraged to exit the ballpark via the CF and RF gates at this time.'”

The park was cleared by about 10:15, according to the Post.

Fans inside the stadium described an “unreal” scene.

Arman Ramnath, 27, of Arlington, Virginia, told the AP he and a friend were sitting along the third-base side when they heard popping.

“We weren’t sure what it was. Then everyone started ducking,” Ramnath said, adding that he and his friend ducked behind seats at first.

“It felt very surreal. I wasn’t really sure how to react,” Ramnath said. “I mean, you hear about it … but you never expect it to be something that could affect you.”

Alaina Rodriguez of Chambersburg, Pa., said fans “started hitting the deck” after the shots were heard.

“I grabbed a child in front of me because the lady in front of me didn’t really know what was happening,” Rodriguez said, according to The Washington Post.

“… We were down for a while, and then we saw action going on in center field, and it just kept going around the stadium. Then we see [Padres shortstop Fernando Tatis Jr.], and he’s out here, and he tells everybody, ‘Go, just go.’ I don’t know if they have family or what was going on out here, but they told everybody to go,” she said.

Many fans sitting near the third-base side crowded into the Padres dugout for safety, while others sitting on the first-base side cowered in the Nationals dugout.

On man told the AP that he at first thought the sounds came from a practice session for a fireworks show. He realized the incident was serious, he said, when he saw Tatis “bolt from the field.”

In the stadium’s Diamond Club, he said, fans hid under tables and chairs.

“People were down on the ground, kind of petrified, trying to calm down the younger kids,” he said. “I was taken aback, I was scared.”

The shooting came one day after a Friday night incident in which a 6-year-old girl was killed and five other people were wounded.

Dan Friedell, a reporter for WTOP-TV, said that he had “never seen anything like this.”

At first, some thought the noise was thunder, he said.

“Next thing we know, we can see hundreds, perhaps thousands of fans, leaving their seats behind the center-field bullpen and the San Diego Padres bullpen — running toward the center-field exit … it’s just completely unclear. It was very chaotic,” Friedell said, according to WTOP-TV.

“We saw people in the second deck, ducking below the concrete in the front of their section,” Friedell said.

The game, which was stopped in the bottom of the sixth inning, will resume Sunday.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

Wire

Video: Pilot Dedicates His Last Flight to 13 US Service Members Killed in Afghanistan, Passengers Cheer

Western Journal

Published

on

It was the last mass casualty event during our 20-year war in Afghanistan — 13 U.S. service members killed in a suicide attack at the Kabul airport, along with more than 160 Afghans.

The attack shook the United States and our allies to the core, particularly coming after the chaotic fall of the country to the Taliban.

While there may be no way to sufficiently honor those who paid the ultimate price during the Aug. 26 bombing, an unknown pilot is making the rounds on TikTok and Facebook for his fitting dedication to our heroes.

The video was posted to Facebook by Ryan Fournier, the founder of Students for Trump. However, it appears to have originated on TikTok, where it was uploaded by @roballnic1.

take our poll - story continues below

Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?

  • Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

While the details surrounding the video are scanty — where and when it was recorded, who recorded it, who the pilot was — it’s the type of video that would be difficult to fake unless you have a spare Boeing 737 hanging around.

What is clear from the video is that the pilot begins by saying, “We’re heading down to Houston, it should take us two hours and 27 minutes. The weather’s good, weather’s good, the ride should be good.”

As he was saying that, however, he was holding up a tablet with the pictures of some of the 11 Marines, one soldier and one sailor from the Kabul bombing.

“I’ve got six more days left here at Southwest Airlines, I have to retire because I’m 65 years old,” he said to applause.

“I’ll keep flying. And every time I fly now, I want to dedicate our flight and my trip to the 13 senseless losses of soldiers, sailors, Marines,” he continued.

“Men and women. My brother Marines, my sister Marines.”

This elicited a “hoo-rah” from the cabin.

“Everybody, just remember them,” he added. “And I don’t care who you hated or who you liked in the last election. What happened was just wrong.”

This got some assent from the cabin, too. He finished the preflight speech by saying, “We’ll get going. Smiles, everybody. And … remember the 13.”

With that, the pilot got a round of applause.



While the text overlaid on the original TikTok video said this was the pilot’s last flight, there’s no evidence of that in the video or in other reports. Given that he said he had six days left with the company and that “I’ll keep flying,” this seems unlikely.

However, the video also seems equally unlikely to be fakery.

It’s difficult to say that the deaths of 13 American service members in a suicide attack carried out by a branch of the Islamic State group could get lost in the shuffle, per se. However, there was so much senseless tragedy surrounding the fall of Afghanistan and our hasty withdrawal from the country that it was almost an afterthought. The whole affair stunned the nation and the world.

It’s not as if the men and women who were killed in the attack didn’t have their lives celebrated. This was the hometown welcome for Lance Cpl. Rylee McCollum in Jackson, Wyoming:

However, it’s acts like these that go viral — and like it or not, social media status is currency these days.

This pilot, whoever he may be, made sure to spend that currency in the best way possible.

We may never know who he was. Rest assured, however, plenty of people will remember what he said.

If you’re going to mark one of your last flights piloting a commercial jet in a profound way, it’s hard to think of how you could do it better than this. Our hats are off to you, sir.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

It was the last mass casualty event during our 20-year war in Afghanistan — 13 U.S. service members killed in a suicide attack at the Kabul airport, along with more than 160 Afghans. The attack shook the United States and our allies to the core, particularly coming after the chaotic fall of the country to the Taliban. While there may be no way to sufficiently honor those who paid the ultimate price during the Aug. 26 bombing, an unknown pilot is making the rounds on TikTok and Facebook for his fitting dedication to our heroes. The video was posted to Facebook by Ryan Fournier, the founder of Students for Trump. However, it appears to have originated on TikTok, where it was uploaded by @roballnic1. While the details surrounding the video are scanty — where and when it was recorded, who recorded it, who the pilot was — it’s the type of video that would be difficult to fake unless you have a spare Boeing 737 hanging around. What is clear from the video is that the pilot begins by saying, “We’re heading down to Houston, it should take us two hours and 27 minutes. The weather’s good, weather’s good, the ride should be good.” As he was saying that, however, he was holding up a tablet with the pictures of some of the 11 Marines, one soldier and one sailor from the Kabul bombing. “I’ve got six more days left here at Southwest Airlines, I have to retire because I’m 65 years old,” he said to applause. “I’ll keep flying. And every time I fly now, I want to dedicate our flight and my trip to the 13 senseless losses of soldiers, sailors, Marines,” he continued. “Men and women. My brother Marines, my sister Marines.” This elicited a “hoo-rah” from…

Continue Reading

Wire

FDA Official Says Feds Need to Shoot Black Americans with Blow Darts Filled with COVID Vaccine: Report

Western Journal

Published

on

A Food and Drug Administration official was caught on tape seemingly suggesting black Americans who are hesitant about the COVID-19 vaccine should be shot with blow darts to get inoculated — while also suggesting some “Amazonians” could “get it done” for them.

This revelation came from Part Two of a Project Veritas exposé about the vaccine that was released this week.



In the footage, a man identified as FDA economist Taylor Lee, spoke to an undercover journalist from the organization, mentioning several times that he was so frustrated with the black community’s reluctance that his solution would be to forcibly administer the shot.

Although he appeared to be speaking tongue-in-cheek, his remarks were disturbing, condescending and culturally insensitive.

take our poll - story continues below

Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?

  • Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Lee suggested using this method that is insulting to black Americans as it is often employed against animals and also takes a dig at some indigenous people in South America known for hunting that way.

“I remember reading about how with COVID [vaccine] trials, they were having an issue recruiting African-American people and it was because of a different medication the government tried to do that was specifically designed to kill African Americans,” Lee pointed out.

When the undercover journalist off-camera suggested he couldn’t blame them for their mistrust after that, Lee replied, “I can’t, but at the same time, like, blow dart,” he concluded. “That’s where we’re going.”

Lee went on to explain that he felt the Johnson & Johnson version of the vaccine would do well for the purpose.

“Like, go to the unvaccinated, and blow it into them — blow dart it into them. That’s where I am at this point,” Lee said.

When the Project Veritas journalist asked him for a broader strategy to get minorities to take the shot, Lee continued with his same bizarre proposal, adding they’d have to “post video campaigns about doing it to the whites first” so they couldn’t be charged with racism.

“We’ll have to hire some Amazonians first because they’ll get it done,” Lee added. The official then doubled down on this angle in what appeared to be footage from another conversation between the undercover journalist and Lee.

“Want to see how fast I get an Amazon rainforest tribe out here?” Lee said, continuing with his insensitive generalizations that are normally taboo in polite society.

While it’s true this is one man’s opinion in what he likely thought was a casual social setting, it does point to a certain mindset from an FDA insider that is as dangerous as it is shocking.

The idea that Lee would suggest force as an appropriate method to achieve universal vaccination isn’t far-fetched considering what’s happening in the world lately.

President Joe Biden warned that his “patience” was “wearing thin” for the unvaccinated when he addressed the nation and announced a sweeping vaccine mandate for millions of Americans.

It’s also no laughing matter considering the frightening authoritarian crackdown that has turned Australia into a police state — and while the country is physically a world away, it seems philosophically adjacent to the kind of mindset an FDA employee is expressing.

It’s disturbing to witness the way Lee so casually speaks about his burning desire to forcibly vaccinate people as an insider at the agency responsible for keeping Americans safe from harmful substances, and even more so as he speaks about black and minority populations.

Project Veritas is doing a service to America by exposing the dark underbelly of these organizations, but it’s difficult to watch knowing that Lee is just one man exposed among the plethora of operatives who think like him still embedded in the deep state.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

A Food and Drug Administration official was caught on tape seemingly suggesting black Americans who are hesitant about the COVID-19 vaccine should be shot with blow darts to get inoculated — while also suggesting some “Amazonians” could “get it done” for them. This revelation came from Part Two of a Project Veritas exposé about the vaccine that was released this week. https://youtu.be/4oWWcqGk1m4 In the footage, a man identified as FDA economist Taylor Lee, spoke to an undercover journalist from the organization, mentioning several times that he was so frustrated with the black community’s reluctance that his solution would be to forcibly administer the shot. Although he appeared to be speaking tongue-in-cheek, his remarks were disturbing, condescending and culturally insensitive. Lee suggested using this method that is insulting to black Americans as it is often employed against animals and also takes a dig at some indigenous people in South America known for hunting that way. “I remember reading about how with COVID [vaccine] trials, they were having an issue recruiting African-American people and it was because of a different medication the government tried to do that was specifically designed to kill African Americans,” Lee pointed out. When the undercover journalist off-camera suggested he couldn’t blame them for their mistrust after that, Lee replied, “I can’t, but at the same time, like, blow dart,” he concluded. “That’s where we’re going.” Lee went on to explain that he felt the Johnson & Johnson version of the vaccine would do well for the purpose. “Like, go to the unvaccinated, and blow it into them — blow dart it into them. That’s where I am at this point,” Lee said. When the Project Veritas journalist asked him for a broader strategy to get minorities to take the shot, Lee continued with his same…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week