Please disable your Ad Blocker to better interact with this website.

Connect with us

News

Fast Food Chain Bans BLM Pins for Employees, But Later Reversed Course. Here’s Why.

Published

on

A Burgerville restaurant in Portland, Oregon has reversed course, allowing employees to now wear buttons and pins in support of Black Lives Matter and the “Abolish ICE” movement.

The establishment originally banned the pins, going so far as to send workers home without pay for wearing the buttons during their shifts.

Burgerville has 42 locations through out Oregon and Washington. Their most noted claim to fame concerned their creation of the first fast-food worker’s union.

Trending: REVEALED: 2020 Dem’s Father Was Marxist Professor Who PRAISED Communist Manifesto

The employees said that they refused to comply with the policy because they believed that such suppression was “white supremacist.”

A posting on the Burgerville Workers Union described the policy and the employee response. A portion of the post stated, “When bosses tell workers they are not allowed to support Black Lives Matter or to stand with undocumented immigrants, they are siding with white supremacy. There are black and undocumented Burgerville workers, and as of today, Burgerville’s official policy is that their lives and safety are too ‘political’ for the company.”

“Unions are about more than just wages and benefits,” the post added. “White supremacy is a workplace issue. Sexism and misogyny are workplace issues. Fascism is a workplace issue. And if unions are about making a fairer and more just workplace, then that means fighting all of those forces on the job as well.”

Oh but the liberal insanity this company is indulging in gets worse from there. They are also apparently allowing workers to place their preferred gender pronouns on their name tags.

The Burgerville worker’s union is demanding, yes DEMANDING, the company offer up an “official apology” to the crew for “forcing them to decide between their jobs and supporting the fight against white supremacy.”

This, folks, is the kind of nuttiness running rampant in America thanks to the wide spread indoctrination of children in public schools by progressive ideologues.

Source: TheBlaze

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.

News

After Notre Dame Fire, Man Arrested with Gas Gans in NYC Cathedral

The news comes just days after Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris was accidentally set ablaze.

Published

on

gasoline fire arson

The hellish blaze that engulfed Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris this week was a disheartening spectacle that none of us would ever hope to see again, anywhere in the world. For many, the timing of the inferno was almost too coincidental to be accidental, given that this is the beginning of Holy Week for the Christian faith, culminating with Easter Sunday in just a few days.  Online conspiracy theorists have long been trying to tie these threads together in order to fit their own narrative, mind you, complete with the occasional race-baiting insinuation that this was Islamic terrorism. To be clear, there is no evidence of a criminal act having taken place at Notre Dame. In contrast, however, police in New York City have arrested a man who looked to clearly be ready to reenact the Notre Dame blaze at Saint Patrick’s Cathedral just yesterday. A New Jersey man was arrested after entering St. Patrick’s Cathedral carrying two cans of gasoline, lighter fluid and butane lighters, the New York Police Department said, just days after flames ravaged the Notre Dame cathedral in Paris. The unidentified 37-year-old man had pulled up Wednesday night in a minivan outside the landmark cathedral on Fifth Avenue in midtown Manhattan, walked around the area, then returned to his vehicle at 7:55 p.m. and retrieved the gasoline and lighter fluid, said NYPD Deputy Commissioner of Intelligence and Counterterrorism John Miller. That’s scary enough…but it gets stranger. “His basic story was he was cutting through the cathedral to get to Madison Avenue. That his car had run out of gas,” Miller said. “We took a look at the vehicle. It was not out of gas and at that point he was taken into custody.” The incident comes as another potential copycat criminal was found dead after “obsessing”…

Continue Reading

News

North Korea Taunts USA with New Weapons Test

North Korea has a history of diplomatic ebbs and flows, but this is the sort of bait-and-switch insult that could have Trump ready to wallop Kim Jong Un.

Published

on

Kim Jong Un

Perhaps it was always too good to be true. Donald Trump, a President who was widely lambasted by the liberal left on account of his political inexperience, became an unprecedented hero in an unlikely situation with North Korea early into his presidency. For reasons perhaps still unknown, Trump’s opening of a dialogue with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un suddenly seemed to bring the DPRK back into the global community.  Part of this resurgence included, as it must, a promise of denuclearization by the hermit kingdom. Somewhere along the way, things have fallen off the rails, likely at the behest of Kim himself. Now, ever more astonishingly, the dainty despot is pushing the envelope even further with claims of a new weapons test. North Korea said Thursday that it had test-fired a new type of “tactical guided weapon,” its first such test in nearly half a year, and demanded that Washington remove Secretary of State Mike Pompeo from nuclear negotiations. The test, which didn’t appear to be of a banned mid- or long-range ballistic missile that could scuttle negotiations, allows North Korea to show its people it is pushing ahead with weapons development while also reassuring domestic military officials worried that diplomacy with Washington signals weakness. And that’s not all:  The DPRK is also now taking pot shots at Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. Separately, the North Korean Foreign Ministry accused Pompeo of playing down the significance of comments by leader Kim Jong Un, who said last week that Washington has until the end of the year to offer mutually acceptable terms for an agreement to salvage the high-stakes nuclear diplomacy. Both the demand for Pompeo’s removal from the talks and the weapon test point to North Korea’s displeasure with the deadlocked negotiations. Was this all a ruse by North…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week

Send this to a friend