Connect with us

News

Fauci Dismisses Criticism For Maskless Photo At Nationals Game

Published

on

Dr. Anthony Fauci has spoken out about what he calls “mischievous” critics who gave him the business after a photo went viral showing him at the Washington Nationals game with his mask off.

Fauci also threw out the first pitch of the game, and boy was it a terrible throw. One of the worst in baseball history. Anyway, the doctor appeared on Fox News and explained why he didn’t have his mask on at that particular moment.

Here’s more from The Washington Examiner:

One person in the photo was his wife, and “the other person is a very close friend of mine,” Fauci said.

take our poll - story continues below

Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?

  • Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“I think this is sort of mischievous with this thing going around,” the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases added. “I had my mask around my chin, I had taken it down, I was totally dehydrated, and I was drinking water trying to rehydrate myself.”

Fauci also said he had been tested for the coronavirus a day earlier.

“To pull it down to take some sips of water and put it back up again, I guess if people want to make something about that, they can. But to me, I think that’s just mischievous,” he said.

Well, it’s sort of understandable why folks want to make a big deal out of it. Lots of governors around the country have mandated the wearing of masks, which has led to a lot of strife and division as folks believe being forced to wear the mask, especially without concrete date the things even help fight against the spread of coronavirus, are an encroachment on their liberty.

It was only a few months back that Fauci told everyone to stop buying and wearing masks. And now he’s the poster boy for forcing everyone else to wear them, despite the dubiousness of the science behind their effectiveness.

Guess he needs to expect more of this heckling in the coming days and weeks.

News

Vaccine Manufacturer Now Says Three Shots Required to Fend Off Omicron

At what point will this all end?

Published

on

Our third COVID-19 winter is now arriving, and there appear to be varying ideas about just what the world should expect.

Winter time has long brought about fears of an increased spread of the illness, thanks to the fact that many more folks will the gathering indoors, where the virus will have an opportunity to spread with less resistance.

But the newest variant of the virus has been described as “mild” by the doctors most familiar with it, and even the normally-glum Dr. Anthony Fauci seems to have backed off of his earlier concerns a bit.

Pfizer this week released a statement suggesting that their vaccine, originally administered in two doses, will require a third shot to be effective against omicron.

take our poll - story continues below

Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?

  • Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Preliminary lab studies show two doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine may not provide sufficient protection against the Omicron coronavirus variant, but three doses are able to neutralize it, the companies said in a news release on Wednesday.

Samples from people who had two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine saw, on average, a more than 25-fold reduction in neutralization ability against the Omicron variant than the earlier virus, “indicating that two doses of BNT162b2 may not be sufficient to protect against infection with the Omicron variant,” the companies said.

The companies said two doses may still provide protection against severe disease.

“Although two doses of the vaccine may still offer protection against severe disease caused by the Omicron strain, it’s clear from these preliminary data that protection is improved with a third dose of our vaccine,” Pfizer Chairman and CEO Albert Bourla said in a statement. “Ensuring as many people as possible are fully vaccinated with the first two dose series and a booster remains the best course of action to prevent the spread of COVID-19.”

The news is sure to elicit some grumbling from the masses, who are very much over the continued hysteria regarding COVID-19.

Our third COVID-19 winter is now arriving, and there appear to be varying ideas about just what the world should expect. Winter time has long brought about fears of an increased spread of the illness, thanks to the fact that many more folks will the gathering indoors, where the virus will have an opportunity to spread with less resistance. But the newest variant of the virus has been described as “mild” by the doctors most familiar with it, and even the normally-glum Dr. Anthony Fauci seems to have backed off of his earlier concerns a bit. Pfizer this week released a statement suggesting that their vaccine, originally administered in two doses, will require a third shot to be effective against omicron. Preliminary lab studies show two doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine may not provide sufficient protection against the Omicron coronavirus variant, but three doses are able to neutralize it, the companies said in a news release on Wednesday. Samples from people who had two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine saw, on average, a more than 25-fold reduction in neutralization ability against the Omicron variant than the earlier virus, “indicating that two doses of BNT162b2 may not be sufficient to protect against infection with the Omicron variant,” the companies said. The companies said two doses may still provide protection against severe disease. “Although two doses of the vaccine may still offer protection against severe disease caused by the Omicron strain, it’s clear from these preliminary data that protection is improved with a third dose of our vaccine,” Pfizer Chairman and CEO Albert Bourla said in a statement. “Ensuring as many people as possible are fully vaccinated with the first two dose series and a booster remains the best course of action to prevent the spread of COVID-19.” The news is sure…

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Chris Cuomo Preparing Massive Lawsuit Aimed at Former Employer

But CNN INSTANTLY put the kibosh on it!

Published

on

Things over at CNN have been rough in recent days, and they certainly aren’t smoothing out anytime soon.

The infotainment network is facing an onslaught of trouble of late, thanks largely to the actions of Chris Cuomo – formerly the top draw at the station – thanks to his inappropriate actions in regard to his brother’s sexual assault scandal during his time as the Governor of New York.

Cuomo has since been fired, and a war of words has erupted between he and his former employer.  Just yesterday it was reported that CNN was rebuking Cuomo’s claims that they were aware of the poor behavior of their primetime star.

Today, Cuomo is setting himself up to sue CNN.

take our poll - story continues below

Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?

  • Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Fired CNN host Chris Cuomo is set to sue the network if it balks at paying him at least $18 million to cover what’s left on his contract, sources told The Post on Monday.

Cuomo, 51, has hired lawyers and is preparing to file the lawsuit over the remainder of the four-year contract he signed last year — after a bitter back-and-forth about what the network knew of his secret efforts to aid his embattled brother, then-Gov. Andrew Cuomo, said sources familiar with the matter.

His contract was reportedly worth $6 million annually, leaving between $18 million and $20 million that he would be owed, sources said, adding that Chris Cuomo would also likely seek damages.

The network was not entertained by the idea.

But CNN has “no intention of paying [Chris] Cuomo a penny,” an insider said.

“If he gets a settlement, there would be uproar,” the source added.

Cuomo has also left his SiriusXM radio program this week, leaving the longtime anchor with no audience to complain to.

Things over at CNN have been rough in recent days, and they certainly aren’t smoothing out anytime soon. The infotainment network is facing an onslaught of trouble of late, thanks largely to the actions of Chris Cuomo – formerly the top draw at the station – thanks to his inappropriate actions in regard to his brother’s sexual assault scandal during his time as the Governor of New York. Cuomo has since been fired, and a war of words has erupted between he and his former employer.  Just yesterday it was reported that CNN was rebuking Cuomo’s claims that they were aware of the poor behavior of their primetime star. Today, Cuomo is setting himself up to sue CNN. Fired CNN host Chris Cuomo is set to sue the network if it balks at paying him at least $18 million to cover what’s left on his contract, sources told The Post on Monday. Cuomo, 51, has hired lawyers and is preparing to file the lawsuit over the remainder of the four-year contract he signed last year — after a bitter back-and-forth about what the network knew of his secret efforts to aid his embattled brother, then-Gov. Andrew Cuomo, said sources familiar with the matter. His contract was reportedly worth $6 million annually, leaving between $18 million and $20 million that he would be owed, sources said, adding that Chris Cuomo would also likely seek damages. The network was not entertained by the idea. But CNN has “no intention of paying [Chris] Cuomo a penny,” an insider said. “If he gets a settlement, there would be uproar,” the source added. Cuomo has also left his SiriusXM radio program this week, leaving the longtime anchor with no audience to complain to.

Continue Reading
The Schaftlein Report

Latest Articles

Best of the Week