;
Connect with us

Wire

Federal Prosecutors Open Door for Alleged Chinese Military Operative to Flee After Dropping All Charges

Western Journal

Published

on

A researcher arrested during the Trump-era crackdown on Chinese spies entering the U.S. under false pretenses has been set free after the Biden administration’s federal prosecutors decided to drop the case.

Juan Tang was allowed to leave the country after the assistant U.S. attorney prosecuting the case threw in the towel days before the trial began, according to The Sacramento Bee.

The case had already been teetering because a count against her of lying to the FBI concerning her affiliation with the People’s Liberation Army was thrown out after a judge ruled agents questioning Tang violated her Miranda rights by not telling her she did not have to answer their questions.

That left a charge against her of lying on her visa application about her connections to the PLA.

take our poll - story continues below

Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?

  • Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Tang entered the U.S. in December 2019, according to a Justice Department news release, and was supposedly in the country to conduct research at the University of California, Davis.

Last year, in a memorandum in support of her charges, then-U.S. Attorney David Anderson for the Northern District of California said Tang lied her way into the country.

“Her J-1 visa application stated she had never served in the military, but open source investigation revealed photographs of her in the uniform of the Civilian Cadre of the PLA, and that she had been employed as a researcher at the Air Force Military Medical University,” the memorandum said.

“During an interview with FBI agents on June 20, 2020, Tang denied serving in the Chinese military, claimed she did not know the meaning of the insignia on her uniform, and that wearing a military uniform was required for attendance at FMMU [Fourth Military Medical University] because it was a military school.”

“That same day, FBI executed a search warrant at Tang’s residence, and a search of her electronic media found further evidence of Tang’s PLA affiliation,” the memorandum said.

The memorandum said Tang’s case “appears to be part of a program conducted by the PLA — and specifically, FMMU or associated institutions — to send military scientists to the United States on false pretenses with false covers or false statements about their true employment.”

“There exists evidence in at least one of these cases of a military scientist copying or stealing information from American institutions at the direction of military superiors in China. There additionally exists evidence of the [People’s Republic of China] government instructing these individuals to destroy evidence and in coordinating efforts regarding the departure of these individuals from the United States.”

After being questioned by the FBI at her Davis apartment in June 2020, Tang took refuge at the Chinese consulate in San Francisco, according to the Bee. She was arrested when she emerged to go to a doctor’s office a month later, and her trial was set to begin Monday.


On Friday, after the charges were dropped, Tang was given her passport so she could immediately return to China.

Malcolm Segal and Tom Johnson, her attorneys, said she was never a member of the military. They claimed she did nothing wrong and had simply worked as a civilian at a Chinese military facility.

“We are glad that the government decided to dismiss,” Segal and Johnson said to the Bee. “We provided ample reason to do so.”

“We hope Dr. Tang is allowed to return to her daughter and husband on her own.”

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

Wire

'The View' Co-Hosts Who Tested Positive for COVID Didn't Even Have It

Western Journal

Published

on

A disturbing incident on ABC’s “The View” spotlights an alarming problem with current coronavirus protocols.

On Friday — just moments before Vice President Kamala Harris was scheduled to appear in person — “The View” co-hosts Ana Navarro and Sunny Hostin were abruptly rushed off stage amid revelations that they had tested positive for COVID-19.

Both Navarro and Hostin are vaccinated.

The Harris interview, which was supposed to be on-set, was changed to a remote interview following an awkward delay.



take our poll - story continues below

Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?

  • Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Insiders at the left-wing talk show told the New York Post on Sunday that both Hostin and Navarro subsequently tested negative, ruling their first tests a false positive.

“They were pissed because everyone’s been waiting for this big interview for two weeks now, and then it was derailed because of a false positive,” an insider said.

A second source said the incident was especially shocking because producers announced the hosts’ test results on air without their permission.

Not only is that embarrassing, but it’s also unethical to reveal someone’s health issues on national television without their express consent.

“It was not OK. They made the decision to reveal their COVID-19 results in the heat of the moment when they should’ve gone to commercial break,” a second insider told the Post.

“They could’ve stopped and thought about how to handle it, as opposed to being crazy on the air and running around like chickens with their heads cut off,” the source said.

On Saturday, Navarro tweeted that she had tested negative for a third time. This indicates that her initial positive test result on Friday was indeed a false-positive.

Hostin had not commented on the incident, but she and Navarro were back in the studio on Monday.

At the start of Monday’s show, co-host Joy Behar announced that both tests had turned out to be false positives and everyone is “safe, healthy and COVID-free.”

The show’s executive producer, Brian Teta, issued an apology to Navarro and Hostin.

“The View” hosts and staff are tested for the coronavirus multiple times a week. It’s unclear why this measure is necessary when they’re all supposedly vaccinated.

However, the shocking incident from Friday has enraged some employees, who slammed ABC’s sloppy testing protocol as an “epic fail.”

“It was so crazy,” one insider told the Post. “Nobody knew what was going on. Everyone at ABC had a different answer about what was going on.”

The Food and Drug Administration has warned that false-positive results do occur with COVID-19 tests.

“The FDA is aware of reports of false positive results associated with antigen tests used in nursing homes and other settings,” the agency revealed in November 2020.

It issued another warning about false-positive tests eight months later in July.

The alarming regularity of false positives is worrisome because it suggests that infection rates are being artificially inflated.

This stokes public panic and suggests that we’re not being told the truth about the pandemic and the actions taken to fight it.

One Twitter user wrote: “So proof that the number of positive cases is most likely inflated? How many people got one test and went home to quarantine and never questioned it?”

Conservative commentator Christian Walker mocked the delicious irony of the vaccinated co-hosts of “The View” testing positive “after screaming about how the unvaccinated are super spreaders.”

Janice Dean, Fox News’ senior meteorologist, was stunned that “The View” producers apparently announced Navarro and Hostin’s test results without their express consent.

This farcical incident underscores that the fearmongering being fomented by Democrats and their media puppets can boomerang on even the most virtue-signaling COVID alarmists, such as Navarro and Hostin.

In other words, self-righteous vaxxers who attack Americans because they’re unwilling to submit to oppressive vaccine passports are not exempt from becoming victims of left-wing hysteria.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

A disturbing incident on ABC’s “The View” spotlights an alarming problem with current coronavirus protocols. On Friday — just moments before Vice President Kamala Harris was scheduled to appear in person — “The View” co-hosts Ana Navarro and Sunny Hostin were abruptly rushed off stage amid revelations that they had tested positive for COVID-19. Both Navarro and Hostin are vaccinated. The Harris interview, which was supposed to be on-set, was changed to a remote interview following an awkward delay. https://youtu.be/joKE-7DLT8I?t=21 Insiders at the left-wing talk show told the New York Post on Sunday that both Hostin and Navarro subsequently tested negative, ruling their first tests a false positive. “They were pissed because everyone’s been waiting for this big interview for two weeks now, and then it was derailed because of a false positive,” an insider said. A second source said the incident was especially shocking because producers announced the hosts’ test results on air without their permission. Not only is that embarrassing, but it’s also unethical to reveal someone’s health issues on national television without their express consent. “It was not OK. They made the decision to reveal their COVID-19 results in the heat of the moment when they should’ve gone to commercial break,” a second insider told the Post. “They could’ve stopped and thought about how to handle it, as opposed to being crazy on the air and running around like chickens with their heads cut off,” the source said. On Saturday, Navarro tweeted that she had tested negative for a third time. This indicates that her initial positive test result on Friday was indeed a false-positive. Whew! Very thankful to have gotten a third negative PCR test result this afternoon. Headed home to Chacha’s dad. pic.twitter.com/Gg3jY1xQwL — Ana Navarro-Cárdenas (@ananavarro) September 25, 2021 Hostin had not…

Continue Reading

Wire

Former Marine Allegedly Kills Deputy, Manhunt Underway Amid Fears His Training Gives Him an Edge

Western Journal

Published

on

A Florida deputy died Sunday, two days after he was shot during a traffic stop.

In response to the death of Deputy Joshua Moyers, 29, a Blue Alert has been issued in Florida’s Nassau County for Patrick McDowell, a former Marine suspected of shooting Moyers during a traffic stop early Friday morning just north of Jacksonville, according to WBFS-TV.

Nassau County Sheriff Bill Leeper said doctors tried to save Moyers, who was shot in the face and back, but “there was just nothing they could do for Josh.” On Saturday, Leeper said Moyers would not survive, but was being kept alive until his organs could be donated.

take our poll - story continues below

Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?

  • Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

McDowell, 35, has been on the run ever since. Some say finding McDowell could result in even more death.

“I know he was military trained, and he was a very good student, very professional. I didn’t know anything negative about him,” weapons instructor Del Angelo, who trained McDowell as a security guard, told WJXT-TV.

“We just trained him basically for security response and how to use a handgun for self-defense or for protecting an area and he was very accomplished in his use of a handgun.”

Angelo said he thinks McDowell will make it in the woods.


“He’s very much a survivalist and he’s been military trained on survival and weapons use. So he’s very accomplished at survival and being unrecognized,” he said. “He can’t change his appearance but he can sure hide well and know how to stay out of people’s line of sight.”

According to WJXT, McCowell served in the Marines from 2005 to 2009, deploying twice as part of Operation Iraqi Freedom. He served in the Marine Corps Reserve from 2009 to 2013, WJXT reported.

Marine veteran Dallas Harpe, a Nassau County resident, said the hunt for McDowell might take some time.

“A man could survive in the woods with the training that he’s got up to 30 days or so,” said Harpe, a small arms and rifle instructor, according to WJXT-TV.

“The most important part of the basic training that would be helping him is when you’re going through infantry training, you’re taught to camouflage yourself, blend in with your surroundings. You’re taught discipline where you can remain absolutely still no matter what’s going on around you and the ability to move quietly through the woods,” said Harpe.

“It looks like there’s a lot of wetlands, so a man could slip through where it’s wet and his scent would be lost to the dogs and that would help him hide. If he walks through water, they’ll lose the scent,” he said.

Police are using heat-seeking technology, helicopters and drones in the hunt.

The technology could defeat training, Harpe said.

“You could have all the training in the world, but you can’t hide your body heat from heat sensors unless you have special material, and I doubt that he has because of the way that he entered the woods,” said Harpe.

A flashlight and a hat believed to belong to McDowell have been found, WJXT reported.

Police organizations are offering more than $50,000 for information the leads to McDowell’s arrest, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

A Florida deputy died Sunday, two days after he was shot during a traffic stop. In response to the death of Deputy Joshua Moyers, 29, a Blue Alert has been issued in Florida’s Nassau County for Patrick McDowell, a former Marine suspected of shooting Moyers during a traffic stop early Friday morning just north of Jacksonville, according to WBFS-TV. Nassau County Sheriff Bill Leeper said doctors tried to save Moyers, who was shot in the face and back, but “there was just nothing they could do for Josh.” On Saturday, Leeper said Moyers would not survive, but was being kept alive until his organs could be donated. Deputy Joshua Moyers, who was shot in the face and the back, “is not going to survive,” according to Sheriff Bill Leeper. https://t.co/d4BgFvfzUH — First Coast News (@FCN2go) September 25, 2021 “It is with great sadness that I announce Deputy Josh Moyers has passed away this afternoon, September 26, 2021 at 2:19 PM at UF health in Jacksonville. Please keep Josh’s family and fiancé in your thoughts and prayers as we navigate this terrible tragedy.” Sheriff Bill Leeper — Nassau County SO (@NCSO_FL) September 26, 2021 McDowell, 35, has been on the run ever since. Some say finding McDowell could result in even more death. “I know he was military trained, and he was a very good student, very professional. I didn’t know anything negative about him,” weapons instructor Del Angelo, who trained McDowell as a security guard, told WJXT-TV. “We just trained him basically for security response and how to use a handgun for self-defense or for protecting an area and he was very accomplished in his use of a handgun.” Angelo said he thinks McDowell will make it in the woods. BLUE ALERT: Patrick McDowell is accused of shooting and fatally…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week