Connect with us

Wire

Former NYPD Chief Calls Brian Laundrie Discovery ‘Very Strange,’ Suggests ‘Something Is Amiss’

Western Journal

Published

on

A set of very experienced law enforcement eyebrows have been raised over the circumstances in which Brian Laundrie’s remains were found.

Laundrie’s remains were found Wednesday in the T. Mabry Carlton, Jr. Memorial Reserve and Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park. He had been sought in connection with the disappearance and death of his girlfriend, Gabby Petito, who went missing in August and was found dead in Wyoming in September.

Petito and Laundrie were traveling together in the western United States over the summer until multiple reported incidents in late August. Petito was last seen on Aug. 27.

Laundrie returned to Florida alone on Sept. 1, which is within the time frame for when a coroner said Petito was strangled to death.

take our poll - story continues below

Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?

  • Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Laundrie was last seen on Sept. 13. His parents have said he was heading to the nearby nature reserve, which is where remains and objects belonging to Laundrie were found Wednesday. Law enforcement officials confirmed Thursday the remains were Laundrie’s.

Laundrie’s parents were part of the group that found the remains, which led former NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce to tell WABC-TV on Wednesday that he found the circumstances “quite strange.”

“There’s just too many strange turns that Chris and Roberta Laundrie having been involved in it to not believe that something is amiss here,” Boyce said.

Boyce said it strains credulity to believe it was simply coincidence that on the first day the reserve was opened to the public, Laundrie’s parents happened to find his belongings.

“The day the park reopens, they go into this specific area … they go to this exact spot and they find the backpack and they identify the backpack from what I understand and the notebook in this particular area, so … it’s quite strange,” Boyce said.

The pieces do not fit properly, he said.

“So, they go to this one location, this remote location where it’s a path where people go by … and they’re being told by the FBI agent that ‘Well, all of a sudden we found something, we found the remains.’ [S]o there’s a lot of things here [that] don’t add up to coincidence, so you wonder exactly how they got there, what they knew all along,” Boyce said.

Boyce wondered if the parents received a tip from someone and knew where to look.

“It sounds like they got a tip from somebody to be honest with you. … But for them to go to that exact location, it’s very, very strange, in that big park … did they know more, were they holding back? And that will be determined in the next couple days, I think.”

According to the New York Post, social media users suggested Laundrie’s parents were part of a conspiracy to dump personal items belonging to their son near the remains to throw off searchers.

“It’s nonsense,” Steve Bertolino, the Laundrie family’s lawyer, said of the speculation. “People with nothing else to do are afraid this case will go away and they will have to go back to following celebrities and others in the fake world of the Internet. Aaron Rodgers got it right!”

Bertolino previously told CNN that Chris and Roberta Laundrie told the FBI and the North Port police they wanted to join the search on Wednesday. Bertolino said it was “happenstance” that the Laundries were in the nature reserve when the remains were found.

“As they went further in, Chris ventured off the trail into the woods. He was zigzagging in different areas, law enforcement was doing the same thing. And Roberta Laundrie was walking down the trail,” Bertolino said.

“At some point, Chris locates what’s called a dry bag. The dry bag is a white bag, laying in the woods, say 20 feet or so off the trail.”

Bertolino said Chris Laundrie first wanted to report the find to authorities but told him that he did not want to leave the bag unguarded while he searched for police because there was a reporter near.

“He did meet up shortly with law enforcement, they looked at the contents of the bag. At that time, law enforcement officers showed him a picture on the phone of a backpack that law enforcement had located also nearby and also some distance off the trail,” Bertolino said.

“At that point, the Laundries were notified there was also remains near the backpack, and they were asked to leave the preserve.”

Bertolino said there was nothing sinister about the parents deciding to join the search on the day their son’s remains were found, and that they went because the reserve had just been reopened to the public.

“The parents had assumed that the experts, the FBI, and all the tracking teams they had would be able to locate Brian based upon the information that we had provided them to the specific areas and trails in the park that Brian liked to visit,” Bertolino said.

“The park had been closed to the public. There was really no other reason for the Laundries to go search anywhere else.”

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

Wire

State Trooper Came Mere Inches from Losing His Life, Dashcam Caught the Whole Thing

Western Journal

Published

on

Every cop knows that death rides with him on every patrol, emerging out of nowhere when a shift may seem routine.

For one Idaho state trooper, that moment almost came on Wednesday along Interstate 84 near the town of Meridian, according to the Idaho Stateman.

Dashcam video of the incident shows that in less time than it takes to read this sentence, the trooper and a motorist he was helping on the shoulder of the highway had to jump over a concrete median as a pickup truck came barreling toward them.

According to an Idaho State Police news release, the trooper had been helping a motorist with a flat tire.

The officer was wearing a yellow safety vest. His patrol car had its emergency lights on and was parked behind the Toyota with the flat tire.

What the dashcam video does not show was described in the release.

“One vehicle began to slow prior to passing the patrol car. That vehicle was hit by another, causing a chain reaction of four eastbound vehicles,” the release said.

But that was not all.

“Two involved pickups were pushed left, sideswiping the parked patrol car and hitting the rear of the Toyota.”

The trooper was taken to a hospital with injuries sustained when he vaulted the concrete barrier, but was sent home with what the release called “minor injuries.”

The owner of the wrecked Toyota was also injured leaping out of the truck’s way, but was not taken to a hospital.

The wreckage from the chain reaction crash blocked the highway for about 90 minutes.

“Traffic stops are very high risk. They’re necessary to keep people safe on the road and to help those stranded, but we need motorists’ help so we can all go home at night,” Idaho State Police Sgt. Brandalyn Crapo said.

“Slowing down and moving over for emergency vehicles and workers isn’t just a courtesy, it’s the law. Drivers need to be alert to emergency lights and vehicles and always alert to what’s happening around them. That keeps all of us safe.”

Idaho law requires drivers to slow down, change lanes or both when passing police and other emergency vehicles that are stopped on the roadway.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

Every cop knows that death rides with him on every patrol, emerging out of nowhere when a shift may seem routine. For one Idaho state trooper, that moment almost came on Wednesday along Interstate 84 near the town of Meridian, according to the Idaho Stateman. Dashcam video of the incident shows that in less time than it takes to read this sentence, the trooper and a motorist he was helping on the shoulder of the highway had to jump over a concrete median as a pickup truck came barreling toward them. Idaho State Trooper injured while helping man on the freeway. Notice how quickly the trooper jumped in front of the man. pic.twitter.com/2TuCTIYGdE — Yoshi The Patriot (@rinohuntah) December 3, 2021 According to an Idaho State Police news release, the trooper had been helping a motorist with a flat tire. The officer was wearing a yellow safety vest. His patrol car had its emergency lights on and was parked behind the Toyota with the flat tire. What the dashcam video does not show was described in the release. “One vehicle began to slow prior to passing the patrol car. That vehicle was hit by another, causing a chain reaction of four eastbound vehicles,” the release said. But that was not all. “Two involved pickups were pushed left, sideswiping the parked patrol car and hitting the rear of the Toyota.” The trooper was taken to a hospital with injuries sustained when he vaulted the concrete barrier, but was sent home with what the release called “minor injuries.” The owner of the wrecked Toyota was also injured leaping out of the truck’s way, but was not taken to a hospital. The wreckage from the chain reaction crash blocked the highway for about 90 minutes. “Traffic stops are very high risk. They’re necessary…

Continue Reading

Wire

Store Apologizes After Employee Sign with Instructions on How to Deal with Africans Goes Public

Western Journal

Published

on

An Australian store has been forced to apologize for a sign that warned staff to sound an alert if an African customer entered the store.

An IGA store in Melbourne was pilloried on social media because of a sign behind the counter that read, “If an African customer comes to the bottle shop, presses [sic] the button for assistant immediately! Minimum two staffs in front while we serve Africans,” the sign read, according to Australia’s News.com.au.

In its reporting on the sign, the Australian Broadcasting Corp. said the sign had been in place for three years before it was noticed by anyone and became a social media furor.

“Sure they’re independently owned but the African community should be allowed to feel safe and comfortable at their local supermarket,” a TikTok comment read.

The ABC report quoted the store manager, who it did not name, as offering apologies for any offense.

“We don’t really mean for this, we apologize for what we’ve done. I’m sorry it will never happen again like that,” he said. “I’ve done the wrong thing for the public, we should not do like this.”

The manager said he should have told employees to hit the button if they saw a group of strangers in the store.

“It is my mistake. Big mistake,” he said.

A poster using the name Jack he on Twitter said he was the store manager and offered an explanation.

“Im store manager iGA sunshine west, we got robbed by 5 African men, one of the staff had a gun put to our head, we were scared, Im sorry for that i done,i told the ABC news all the reason behind this, But i don’t see any main point been reported, this is unfair, unfair news,” he tweeted.

ABC reported that a spokesperson for wholesaler Metcash, which operates the IGAs, said the company had the offending sign removed.

“This type of behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated in any IGA store across the country,” a spokesman said.

“As part of our ongoing commitment to supporting local communities across Australia, we will ensure ALL IGA employees continue to create a shopping environment where all are welcome and equal,” the spokesman said.

The store now has a new note.

“We would like to apologies [sic] to anyone that got offended by the note we had … it was not our intention to offend,” the note says.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

An Australian store has been forced to apologize for a sign that warned staff to sound an alert if an African customer entered the store. An IGA store in Melbourne was pilloried on social media because of a sign behind the counter that read, “If an African customer comes to the bottle shop, presses [sic] the button for assistant immediately! Minimum two staffs in front while we serve Africans,” the sign read, according to Australia’s News.com.au. In its reporting on the sign, the Australian Broadcasting Corp. said the sign had been in place for three years before it was noticed by anyone and became a social media furor. “Sure they’re independently owned but the African community should be allowed to feel safe and comfortable at their local supermarket,” a TikTok comment read. ‘Completely unacceptable’: IGA supermarket under fire for sign racially profiling African customers https://t.co/83nMJg7SgU — Natalie Spencer (@natscloset) December 2, 2021 The ABC report quoted the store manager, who it did not name, as offering apologies for any offense. “We don’t really mean for this, we apologize for what we’ve done. I’m sorry it will never happen again like that,” he said. “I’ve done the wrong thing for the public, we should not do like this.” The manager said he should have told employees to hit the button if they saw a group of strangers in the store. “It is my mistake. Big mistake,” he said. A poster using the name Jack he on Twitter said he was the store manager and offered an explanation. “Im store manager iGA sunshine west, we got robbed by 5 African men, one of the staff had a gun put to our head, we were scared, Im sorry for that i done,i told the ABC news all the reason behind this, But i don’t see any…

Continue Reading
The Schaftlein Report

Latest Articles

Best of the Week