Connect with us

News

Fox News Host Bret Baier Getting Slammed by Viewers, Check Out His Response

Published

on

Fox News host Bret Baier made some remarks this week about President Trump banning a reporter from covering the White House that didn’t settle too well with some folks in the viewing audience.

True to form in the 21st century, these individuals quickly made it clear that they weren’t happy with Baier by criticizing his comments. Well, the veteran anchor is responding to his critics. Here’s what he has to say.

Some viewers thought Baier had shown disloyalty to Trump because he said that Fox News stood “firmly” with CNN on the issue of press availability. The Trump administration had told a CNN reporter that she was not allowed at an announcement at the Rose Garden because she acted inappropriately earlier that day. She denies their characterization of her behavior.

Trending: IT HAPPENED: The Next James Bond Is Confirmed to Be A Black Female [Details]

“As a member of the White House press pool, Fox stands firmly with CNN on this issue of access,” Baier said immediately after the story broke.

take our poll - story continues below

Which Democrat Presidential Hopeful Has The Wildest Campaign Promise So Far?

  • Which Democrat Presidential Hopeful Has The Wildest Campaign Promise So Far?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Wednesday evening, Baier patiently answered some of his critics on social media and defended his statement.

“When Sam Donaldson would yell questions at Ronald Reagan – what do you think folks supporting the President called him?” Baier asked, referring to Reagan allowing access to hostile reporters.

“They are members of the WH press pool,” he explained to another angry critic. “Kaitlan was doing what pool reporters do. We stand for access for WH reporters-no matter what you think about their coverage.”

Baier reminded some that CNN stood up for Fox News when former President Obama refused them access during his term in office.

“When President Obama’s administration left us out of round robin interviews — CNN and [Jake Tapper] spoke out for us,” he tweeted.

Here’s the full video of Baier’s statement:

What seems really scary about all of this isn’t Trump banning the reporter, nor Fox News standing with CNN. What’s truly frightening is that a journalist is being hounded for not pledging his loyalty to the President of the United States.

Have we as conservatives really forgotten how awful an idea it is to have the press connected so deeply to a particular politician? We endured eight years of that with Obama, many of us often vocalizing how sickening it was to see the media in the pocket of the left instead of being impartial and objective.

Now we’re the ones insulting people for not being loyal to Trump? At times it feels like there is a bad case of viral schizophrenia circulating throughout the political right that makes us wag the finger at leftists for certain practices and then hypocritically ignore those same practices when we do them ourselves.

If we want to win hearts and minds with the truth — and conservative principles grounded in the Word of God are indeed the truth — then we need to live consistently by those principles, which is something the left dare not do. Let’s be bold, be different, be consistent.

Source: TheBlaze

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please hover over that comment, click the ∨ icon, and mark it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

News

Beto O’Rourke Drops Bombshell About Connection To Slavery

Where’s the liberal outrage?

Published

on

In a move that should, if the left were consistent, spell the end of his political aspirations, Democratic presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke revealed that both he and his wife are descendants of slave owners. Yes, a consistent application of the beliefs of the modern-day progressive should see Beto dropping from the race and spending the rest of his life attempting to atone for the sins of his ancestors. Probably not going to actually happen though. You know, because hypocrisy or something. via The Daily Wire: The failed Texas Senate candidate, who is losing ground in the presidential race, made the revelation in a Medium post, saying that he was recently given documents that revealed his family’s past. “A paternal great-great-great grandfather of mine, Andrew Cowan Jasper, owned these two women in the 1850s,” O’Rourke wrote. “There are also records showing that a maternal great-great-great grandfather, Frederick Williams, most likely owned slaves in the 1860s (“most likely,” because we are not certain that the Frederick Williams who is my ancestor and the Frederick Williams who owned slaves are the same person, but there’s enough circumstantial data to lead me to conclude that it’s likely).” “Records also showed that Amy had an ancestor who owned slaves and another who was a member of the Confederate Army,” O’Rourke added. O’Rourke’s claim comes after the media last week tried to tie Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s opposition to reparations to the fact that his great-great-grandfathers owned slaves. When the media tried to push that narrative they were met with the fact that former President Barack Obama’s ancestors were slave owners. Sen. Kamala Harris’ ancestors also owned slaves. So where is all of the classic liberal outrage over these folks having this sort of bloodline? Surely they would have no problem striking at these kind…

Continue Reading

News

Trump Administration Set To Carry Out Major Crackdown On Asylum Abuse

This is going to make liberals absolutely furious.

Published

on

The Trump administration has announced some major changes in the country’s current asylum policies that will inevitably lead to a sizable reduction in the number of individuals that are eligible for asylum who are trying to enter the country at the southern border. If you listen closely, you can hear the left already throwing a total fit over this, ready to compare the president to a whole plethora of deplorable fascist world leaders throughout history. via Daily Wire: “The new rule, published in the Federal Register, would require most migrants entering through America’s southern border to first seek asylum in one of the countries they traversed – whether in Mexico, in Central America, or elsewhere on their journey,” Fox News reported. In a statement, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) highlighted three limited exceptions: (1) an alien who demonstrates that he or she applied for protection from persecution or torture in at least one of the countries through which the alien transited en route to the United States, and the alien received a final judgment denying the alien protection in such country; (2) an alien who demonstrates that he or she satisfies the definition of “victim of a severe form of trafficking in persons” provided in 8 C.F.R. § 214.11; or, (3) an alien who has transited en route to the United States through only a country or countries that were not parties to the 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees, the 1967 Protocol, or the Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment. The statement went on to detail that a very small minority of these individuals actually receive asylum, however, a large number of requests burdens the system and undermines its humanitarian purposes. The statement also notes the large number of requests…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week

Send this to a friend