;
Connect with us

News

French Yellow Vest Protesters To Marr New Year Celebrations

The French people are speaking, loudly, but is anyone really listening?

Published

on

yellow vest

In the “birthplace of democracy”, the very idea of law and order is crumbling before our very eyes.

Well, almost in front of our very eyes.  The mainstream media has been slim in their coverage of the so-called “Yellow Vest” protesters.  This could be due to their opposition to French President Emmanuel Macron – a liberal darling and frequent figurative sparring partner of US President Donald Trump.

With these protests growing far and wide throughout the nation of France, and into several neighboring countries, the New Year holiday has presented itself as a poignant opportunity for the disaffected French people.

Nearly 150,000 police are set to be on duty around France on New Year’s Eve when “yellow vest” protesters have called for another round of anti-government demonstrations.

The French capital will be on high alert after repeated clashes over the last month between security forces and the protesters.

President Emmanuel Macron is set to make a televised address to the country at 8:00 pm (1900 GMT) — at the same time as protesters have been called to gather on the Champs-Elysees avenue in Paris.

The “yellow vest” movement has waned dramatically in the last fortnight, but the prospect of demonstrators mixing with revellers and tourists in Paris will present a new headache for the stretched Paris police force.

The authorities seemingly despise the protesters.

“What can we expect? Disorder,” Interior Minister Christophe Castaner told reporters as he visited a fire station in Paris. “What I see with the ‘yellow vests’ is a desire to be harmful, not to demonstrate.”

The protests began as an action again a proposed fuel tax, and have since expanded to a more general theme of anti-establishment fervor.

Entertainment

Chris Cuomo’s Groping Victim Eviscerates His Response to the Accusations

The creepy Cuomos are at it again.

Published

on

Chris Cuomo

CNN anchor Chris Cuomo is in a predicament that may feel familiar to his family this week, and his response to the issue is getting exactly the sort of eye-rolling write-off that his brother Andrew grew accustomed to during his final days as the disgraced Governor of New York.

Cuomo the newsman, like his lawmaker sibling, stands accused of an aggressive act of sexual harassment involving a woman with whom he worked.  And, also like Andrew, Chris’ response to the accusation is not going over well.

In a guest essay for the New York Times published Friday, former executive producer Shelley Ross wrote Cuomo squeezed the cheek of her buttock without her permission in 2005. She also produced an email where Cuomo appeared to admit to the incident and apologized for his behavior. Ross expected CNN’s most-watched host to have evolved since the incident occurred, but feels his response to her essay proves he’s “no more enlightened” today than he was at the time of the inappropriate touching.

“I was hoping that in 15, 16 years that he had changed, but he’s no more enlightened today than he was then, as demonstrated by his response,” Ross told Insider.

Here’s where the two differ:

take our poll - story continues below

Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?

  • Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“As Shelley acknowledges, our interaction was not sexual in nature. It happened 16 years ago in a public setting when she was a top executive at ABC. I apologized to her then, and I meant it,” Cuomo said.

However, Ross doesn’t seem satisfied with Cuomo’s statement.

“I don’t acknowledge that there’s anything that was ‘our interaction.’ I was not a participant,” Ross told Insider. “I was groped. And so to say that I acknowledge interaction, no. That shows a lack of enlightenment.”

Ross has publicly stated that she isn’t seeking to have Cuomo ousted from CNN over the incident, however.

 

CNN anchor Chris Cuomo is in a predicament that may feel familiar to his family this week, and his response to the issue is getting exactly the sort of eye-rolling write-off that his brother Andrew grew accustomed to during his final days as the disgraced Governor of New York. Cuomo the newsman, like his lawmaker sibling, stands accused of an aggressive act of sexual harassment involving a woman with whom he worked.  And, also like Andrew, Chris’ response to the accusation is not going over well. In a guest essay for the New York Times published Friday, former executive producer Shelley Ross wrote Cuomo squeezed the cheek of her buttock without her permission in 2005. She also produced an email where Cuomo appeared to admit to the incident and apologized for his behavior. Ross expected CNN’s most-watched host to have evolved since the incident occurred, but feels his response to her essay proves he’s “no more enlightened” today than he was at the time of the inappropriate touching. “I was hoping that in 15, 16 years that he had changed, but he’s no more enlightened today than he was then, as demonstrated by his response,” Ross told Insider. Here’s where the two differ: “As Shelley acknowledges, our interaction was not sexual in nature. It happened 16 years ago in a public setting when she was a top executive at ABC. I apologized to her then, and I meant it,” Cuomo said. However, Ross doesn’t seem satisfied with Cuomo’s statement. “I don’t acknowledge that there’s anything that was ‘our interaction.’ I was not a participant,” Ross told Insider. “I was groped. And so to say that I acknowledge interaction, no. That shows a lack of enlightenment.” Ross has publicly stated that she isn’t seeking to have Cuomo ousted from CNN over the…

Continue Reading

News

Local Rancher Has Major Doubts About Search for Brian Laundrie in Florida Reserve

“No buzzards, no body”.

Published

on

The most wanted man in America is said to be hiding out in a vast, protected wilderness near his home in Florida, and police have now spent well over a week scouring the land for evidence.

Brian Laundrie went missing just days before the body of his fiancée Gabby Petito was found in the Bridger-Teton National Forest, some 2,200 miles away.  Laundrie had returned home to Florida without Petito, refusing to speak to police about her sudden disappearance.

Police honed in on the Carlton Reserve, a 25,000+ acre wilderness near his family home where his parents claim he went hiking the last time that they saw him.

One local man with knowledge of the area now says it’s unlikely that Laundrie is still there…if he ever was.

Florida cattle rancher Alan McEwen has spent nearly every day of the last 30 years navigating the woods where Brian Laundrie is suspected of hiding and says it’s not conducive to habitation.

take our poll - story continues below

Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?

  • Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“There’s no surviving out here, I don’t know how to say it,” McEwen told Fox News Digital.

The weather has played a significant role in McEwen’s belief as well, after the Carlton Reserve received a heavy dose of rainfall.

“Unless he’s got a butt like a duck and can float, he’s not in there,” McEwen said as he gave Fox News Digital a tour of the submerged park in his swamp buggy.

Some have wondered if Laundrie perhaps fled into the swamp to harm himself, but McEwen finds that unlikely as well…and for a macabre reason.

“Anything dead you find in the woods, you’re gonna look up, you’re gonna see buzzards flying like crazy,” he said. “No buzzards, no body is my theory. And I haven’t seen any buzzards flying.”

The most wanted man in America is said to be hiding out in a vast, protected wilderness near his home in Florida, and police have now spent well over a week scouring the land for evidence. Brian Laundrie went missing just days before the body of his fiancée Gabby Petito was found in the Bridger-Teton National Forest, some 2,200 miles away.  Laundrie had returned home to Florida without Petito, refusing to speak to police about her sudden disappearance. Police honed in on the Carlton Reserve, a 25,000+ acre wilderness near his family home where his parents claim he went hiking the last time that they saw him. One local man with knowledge of the area now says it’s unlikely that Laundrie is still there…if he ever was. Florida cattle rancher Alan McEwen has spent nearly every day of the last 30 years navigating the woods where Brian Laundrie is suspected of hiding and says it’s not conducive to habitation. “There’s no surviving out here, I don’t know how to say it,” McEwen told Fox News Digital. The weather has played a significant role in McEwen’s belief as well, after the Carlton Reserve received a heavy dose of rainfall. “Unless he’s got a butt like a duck and can float, he’s not in there,” McEwen said as he gave Fox News Digital a tour of the submerged park in his swamp buggy. Some have wondered if Laundrie perhaps fled into the swamp to harm himself, but McEwen finds that unlikely as well…and for a macabre reason. “Anything dead you find in the woods, you’re gonna look up, you’re gonna see buzzards flying like crazy,” he said. “No buzzards, no body is my theory. And I haven’t seen any buzzards flying.”

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week