Connect with us

Opinion

George P. Bush Sues Biden Administration Over Border Wall Decision

Biden has a Bush problem.

Published

on

It seems as though the Biden administration has a Bush problem, and no – we are not talking about the Rose Garden.

Just a few days ago, former President George W. Bush made a rare rebuke of the sitting President, lambasting Joe Biden’s plans for a full withdrawal of American troops from Afghanistan.  The former Commander in Chief expressed heavy concerns that the Taliban would soon regain control of much of the nation, and wreak havoc on those who once cooperated with the Americans.

Now, another George Bush, this time the Texas Land Commissioner George P. Bush, has a bone to pick with Biden.

Trending: Civilian Alerts Airmen After Noticing Something Odd Coming from Back of F-15 Jet, Now They're Thanking Him

Texas Land Commissioner George P. Bush on Wednesday announced a lawsuit against the Biden administration over its controversial decision to end construction of the border wall, one of a number of efforts to push back against the president’s border policies by the Lone Star state.

take our poll - story continues below

Do you think Cubans are fighting for healthcare or freedom from Communism?

  • Do you think Cubans are fighting for healthcare or freedom from Communism?

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“The issue here is simple – no man is above the law, and that includes President Biden,” Bush said in a press conference.

The lawsuit was filed as part of the Texas Defense Task Force, set up by Bush to identify federal overreach and push back against perceived threats to the Texan economy. It sues Biden as well as the Department of Homeland Security on the grounds that ending the wall construction is illegal.

Biden’s decision to halt the border wall’s construction came via an executive order on his first day in office, leading some to believe that the symbolism of the gesture outweighed the security risk it posed for the newly-inaugurated President.

 

Opinion

Fleeing Texas Democrat Now Facing Arrest Warrant

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Published

on

Instead of accepting defeat in the state legislature, the Democrats of the Texas statehouse decided that they’d simply whisk themselves away to Washington DC to prevent a vote on an election integrity bill to occur. This was the second time they had pulled a stunt like this in less than a year, and Texas Governor Greg Abbott has now said that these lawmakers will be arrested upon their reentry to Texas, and taken to the legislature to make certain that the vote occurs. Now it seems as though members of the Texas GOP are making good on Abbott’s promise. Speaker of the House Dade Phelan (R-Beaumont) signed a civil arrest warrant on Monday for State Representative Philip Cortez (D-San Antonio) for his failure to return to the House of Representatives, the Texas Tribune reported. Cortez abandoned his fellow Democrats late last week when he unexpectedly returned to Texas. Cortez claimed he returned to Austin to attempt to engage in a “good faith dialogue” on the matter of House Bill 3, the election law reform bill. After receiving harsh criticism from fellow Democrats for returning to Austin without consulting them, Cortez returned to Washington, D.C. The San Antonio Democrat currently serves as chairman of the House Urban Affairs Committee. Speaker Phelan issued a statement saying, in part, that Cortez had “irrevocably broken my trust and the trust of the chamber.” The speaker added that Cortez “represented to me and his fellow members that he wanted to work on policy and find solutions to bring his colleagues back to Texas.” The bill in question has been criticized by Texas Democrats as unfairly prohibitive to communities of color, while the GOP says that the law would simply strengthen the security of the election itself, in an effort to prevent fraud from occurring.

Continue Reading

Opinion

Liz Cheney Takes Aim at Trump During Opening Statement at Jan 6 Hearing

She’s still claiming this is “nonpartisan”, however.

Published

on

The Republican Party has made it very clear that they are not interested in any sort of re-trial of Donald Trump in regard to the events of January 6th, and that any attempt to steer an investigation his direction would be considered bit of partisan tomfoolery on behalf of those who engage in such speculation. Therein lies the problem for the Nancy Pelosi-led special committee on January 6th, in that they can’t afford to be considered a partisan affair, but they are almost certainly itching for a chance to attack the former Commander in Chief. Liz Cheney, one of the few Republicans involved in the current probe, wasted no time in going there on Tuesday, however. “The American people deserve the full and open testimony of every person with knowledge of the planning and preparation for January 6th,” Cheney said in her opening statement. The Wyoming Republican has gone on record for criticizing her GOP colleagues for supporting the former president — whom many say incited his supporters to attack the Capitol — and undermining an investigation into the events of Jan. 6. She was voted out of her role as chair of the House Republican Conference in May as a result. And then… “We must also know what happened every minute of that day in the White House – every phone call, every conversation, every meeting leading up to, during, and after the attack. Honorable men and women have an obligation to step forward,” Cheney said. Tuesday’s hearing featured the testimony of a number of police officers who were involved in attempting to stop the insurrection that occurred that day, and set the tone for a heated and lengthy probe to come.

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week