Connect with us

News

Good Guy Shaquille O’Neal Sees Single Mother’s Social Media Post, Leaps into Action

Shaquille O’Neal was know for being a fierce competitor in the NBA, but it’s his big heart that has been on display this week.

Published

on

Shaquille O'Neal

Shaquille O’Neal may be one of the biggest basketball stars of all time, literally and figuratively, but that doesn’t mean that he’s forgotten where he came from.

This week, word of O’Neal’s goodwill was spreading rapidly via social media, after the former pro athlete took the plight of one single mother to heart.

Zach Keith, a 13-year-old middle school student who plays basketball and football, already wears a size 18 shoe. As the American average male shoe size is a 10.5, his mother, Brittany, finds it difficult not only to find a pair of shoes that will fit her son, but also a pair that she’s able to afford.

Brittany, who is a single mom, posted a plea for help for her 6’2″-tall son on Instagram, writing, “if you can do anything to help I will be so appreciative.”

Shaq then sprung into action.

Upon learning of the family’s situation, CNN affiliate WGCL in Atlanta reached out to Shaquille O’Neal, who was more than happy to have the opportunity to pay it forward.

“I reminisced back how that used to be me, my mom and my dad,” O’Neal told WGCL of Zach’s story.

When O’Neal was trying to find size 18 penny loafers for his prom ensemble, his father eventually found Friedman’s Shoes in Atlanta. The owner of the shoe store, Bruce Teilhaber, gave Shaq a pair of shoes for free and ever since O’Neal, now a size 22, has frequented his business.

“Bruce did it for me, and I just want to return the favor,” O’Neal said.

O’Neal surprised Zach and his family at Friedman’s. There, Shaq generously bought the teenager ten pairs of shoes.

The gesture overwhelmed young Zach, who was both surprised and extremely thankful for the help.

News

School Shooter’s Parents Charged After Deadly Rampage

Their gun storage situation appeared to be completely unconscionable.

Published

on

The proclivity of school shootings in the United States has a different impetus for just about everyone you’d ask.

Some, like those on the far left, believe that these things are the fault of guns.  As though their mere presence somehow entices a person to commit mass murder.  Others blame pop culture, often pointing to violent video games and movies.

And then there are those who blame the parents, suggesting that a child raised right would respect human life at a level unbecoming of a massacre-ist.  This theory is about to get tested legally.

The parents of the teen suspect accused of killing four students after opening fire inside a Michigan high school earlier this week are now facing involuntary manslaughter charges as prosecutors on Friday revealed text messages allegedly sent to their son before and after the attack.

take our poll - story continues below

Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?

  • Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

James and Jennifer Crumbley are each facing four counts of involuntary manslaughter, according to Oakland County prosecutor Karen McDonald. Their son, 15-year-old Ethan Crumbley, allegedly fired at least 30 rounds in the hallways of Oxford High School on Tuesday, killing four classmates and injuring seven others, including a teacher.

McDonald did not mince her words.

“While the shooter was the one who entered the high school and pulled the trigger, there are other individuals who contributed to the events on November 30 and it is my intention to hold them accountable as well,” McDonald told reporters during a press conference. “It’s imperative we prevent this from happening again. No other parent or community should have to live through this nightmare.”

The weapon was retrieved by their son from an unlocked drawer in the home – an egregious ignorance of common sense gun safety measures.

The proclivity of school shootings in the United States has a different impetus for just about everyone you’d ask. Some, like those on the far left, believe that these things are the fault of guns.  As though their mere presence somehow entices a person to commit mass murder.  Others blame pop culture, often pointing to violent video games and movies. And then there are those who blame the parents, suggesting that a child raised right would respect human life at a level unbecoming of a massacre-ist.  This theory is about to get tested legally. The parents of the teen suspect accused of killing four students after opening fire inside a Michigan high school earlier this week are now facing involuntary manslaughter charges as prosecutors on Friday revealed text messages allegedly sent to their son before and after the attack. James and Jennifer Crumbley are each facing four counts of involuntary manslaughter, according to Oakland County prosecutor Karen McDonald. Their son, 15-year-old Ethan Crumbley, allegedly fired at least 30 rounds in the hallways of Oxford High School on Tuesday, killing four classmates and injuring seven others, including a teacher. McDonald did not mince her words. “While the shooter was the one who entered the high school and pulled the trigger, there are other individuals who contributed to the events on November 30 and it is my intention to hold them accountable as well,” McDonald told reporters during a press conference. “It’s imperative we prevent this from happening again. No other parent or community should have to live through this nightmare.” The weapon was retrieved by their son from an unlocked drawer in the home – an egregious ignorance of common sense gun safety measures.

Continue Reading

News

Baldwin Makes Wild Claim: He Never Pulled the Trigger in ‘Rust’ Shooting

Lawyers are now going to have to prove, without video evidence, that Baldwin never fingered the trigger.

Published

on

For weeks now, speculation has swirled about a shooting that occurred on the movie ‘Rust’, in which Hollywood A-lister Alec Baldwin shot and killed cinematographer Halya Hutchins with a live round that should never have been on set in the first place.

Now, almost unbelievably, Baldwin has claimed that he never actually pulled the trigger.

The first preview for the ABC News sit-down sees Baldwin breaking down in tears as he talks about cinematographer Halyna Hutchins being fatally shot with a prop gun on Oct. 21.

The real surprise, however, was George Stephanopoulos asking why he fired the gun when it wasn’t in the script and Baldwin replied, “The trigger wasn’t pulled. I didn’t pull the trigger.”

take our poll - story continues below

Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?

  • Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

So he never pulled the trigger? “No, no, no, no,” Baldwin answered. “I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger at them, never.” But there was no explanation beyond that.

Baldwin also said he had “no idea” how a live bullet got onto the set of the film, which he not only starred in but produced.

The revelation was not terribly well received by the media however, who had a hard time understanding just what Baldwin’s claim could mean, especially with the understanding that the cameras were not rolling at the time of the shooting, as the actor was merely rehearsing drawing his single action revolver.

For weeks now, speculation has swirled about a shooting that occurred on the movie ‘Rust’, in which Hollywood A-lister Alec Baldwin shot and killed cinematographer Halya Hutchins with a live round that should never have been on set in the first place. Now, almost unbelievably, Baldwin has claimed that he never actually pulled the trigger. The first preview for the ABC News sit-down sees Baldwin breaking down in tears as he talks about cinematographer Halyna Hutchins being fatally shot with a prop gun on Oct. 21. The real surprise, however, was George Stephanopoulos asking why he fired the gun when it wasn’t in the script and Baldwin replied, “The trigger wasn’t pulled. I didn’t pull the trigger.” So he never pulled the trigger? “No, no, no, no,” Baldwin answered. “I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger at them, never.” But there was no explanation beyond that. Baldwin also said he had “no idea” how a live bullet got onto the set of the film, which he not only starred in but produced. The revelation was not terribly well received by the media however, who had a hard time understanding just what Baldwin’s claim could mean, especially with the understanding that the cameras were not rolling at the time of the shooting, as the actor was merely rehearsing drawing his single action revolver.

Continue Reading
The Schaftlein Report

Latest Articles

Best of the Week