Connect with us

Opinion

GOP Senator Says It’s ‘Time to Move on’ From 2020 Election Claims

But will this only further divide the Republican Party?

Published

on

The last several months of the Trump administration were a doozy, to put it lightly, and many of those who were in the thick of the controversy are now either keeping a low profile or walking back some of the political positions they held in those turbulent weeks.

From the moment that the election was called for Joe Biden, Donald Trump and his team worked to undo that call.  They believed, along with a number of Republican lawmakers, that the election had been “stolen”, either via unscrupulous balloting procedures or a concerted and clandestine effort by Dominion Voting Systems.

Those who went to bat for Trump were struck out by the court system, and Dominion was quick to rattle off a number o defamation lawsuits on the subject, most of which sought damages in excess of a billion dollars.

Trending: Southern Cities Running Out of Gas as Pipeline Remains Crippled

Now, one GOP Senator is walking back his own claims regarding the election, telling the nation that it’s time to “move on”.

take our poll - story continues below

Will Biden Be Forced to Resign Before His 1st Term Is Up?(2)

  • Will Biden Be Forced to Resign Before His 1st Term Is Up?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

GOP Sen. Roger Marshall of Kansas on Saturday said that he was “ready to move on” when asked about his support of former President Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election results.

During an interview with Pamela Brown on CNN, Marshall was engaged in the following exchange:

“Republicans continue to believe in the lie that this election, the last election, was stolen,” Brown said. “You voted to toss out millions of votes in Arizona and Pennsylvania. You also joined the Texas lawsuit attempting to throw out votes cast in four states.”

She added: “I’m curious. Looking back, do you have any regrets about your actions and any concern that they contributed to misinformation about the election?”

“We’re just so ready to move on,” Marshall replied. “I made a decision based upon the facts that I knew at that point in time. I was concerned then, and I still am today, that six states broke their own laws or their own constitution. But it’s time to move on. It’s time for this country to heal. It’s time for a spirit of forgiveness to be happening.”

The 2020 election has remained a sticking point within the now-divided Republican Party, with the MAGA Movement still very much interested in adjudicating that contest further, and the old guard GOP looking to quash any more tumult while somehow still cultivating support from the far-right.

News

Ohio Now Offering Lottery-Like Jackpots to Promote Vaccinations

Ohio’s vaccination push has become a gameshow, apparently.

Published

on

Vaccine hesitation has been one of the most worrisome parts of the coronavirus pandemic of late, especially as we approach the next critical stage in our economic recovery. You see, in America, there is a very real feeling that the government should not be able to mandate what it is that we decide to do with our bodies, and, more importantly, what we decide to put into  our bodies.  This is about personal sovereignty, and rightly so.  After all, this is the land of the free. That’s why the government has long avoided mandating vaccinations for the COVID-19 pandemic – it simply wouldn’t work, in all honesty, and there would be a massive revolt if they did choose to go down that path. So, instead, officials are trying to entice citizens to be inoculated either by making the unvaccinated into second-class citizens, or by luring them in with cash and prizes like some two-bit gameshow. Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine has come up with an unorthodox incentive for Ohioans to get vaccinated. Starting next Wednesday, adults who have received at least one dose of the vaccine, and are at least 18 years old, may enter a lottery that will provide a $1 million prize each Wednesday for five weeks. DeWine, a Republican, said the pool of names for the drawing will come from the Ohio Secretary of State’s publicly available voter registration database. Those who are not in the database can sign up for the drawings on a separate webpage, DeWine said. In random drawings, the state will also provide five full four-year scholarships to an Ohio public university—including tuition, room-and-board, and books—to Ohioans under the age of 18 who have been vaccinated. The Ohio Lottery will conduct the drawings, and the money will come from existing federal pandemic relief dollars, DeWine…

Continue Reading

Opinion

Biden Again Admits That He’s ‘Not Supposed To’ Interact with Reporters

This is some way of governing the public…

Published

on

What a strange new world the American political machine exists in these days. It was only six months ago that we had a President who, for lack of a nicer way to put it, wouldn’t stop yapping.  Donald Trump was an extraordinary communicator, using Twitter almost reflexively throughout his time in the White House, and sparring with reporters any chance he got.  You could tell that he lived for this, and it was a refreshing and brutally honest way of governing. Now we have “Sleepy Joe” Biden, who very literally believes that he’s not supposed to talk to the public off-script. President Joe Biden expressed concerns after he answered questions from reporters Wednesday, as he and his administration struggle to address multiple crises around the world. Biden answered questions about the gas shortage and a question about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict in the Middle East, before moving to exit the room. When reporters shouted additional questions, Biden paused and replied, “You guys are bad. I’m not supposed to be answering all these questions. I’m supposed to leave. But I can’t resist your questions.” The president then took an additional question about his meeting with Congressional leaders on infrastructure. And this is far from the first time that this has happened… Biden has repeatedly told reporters he would be “in trouble” for taking questions from reporters at White House events — even though he has only held one press conference since becoming president. “Look, I’m sorry. I’m going to — this is the last question I’ll take,” Biden said in April after taking questions from reporters. “I’m really going to be in trouble.” Biden also repeatedly said he would “get in trouble” during a CNN town hall in February. “I’m going to get in trouble,” he lamented to CNN’s Anderson Cooper. “I was supposed to…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week