Connect with us

Opinion

GOP State Senator Blasts Arizona County Election Recount as ‘Embarrassing’

This fully epitomizes one of the most prominent cracks in the unity of the GOP in 2021.

Published

on

There appears to be a very large divide forming within the Republican Party, and an incendiary rant by a local politician in Arizona has just turned the heat up once again.

The main chasm forming within the GOP has to do with the 2020 election, and whether or not the contest was on the up-and-up all the way around.  Former President Donald Trump certainly feels as though something fishy occurred, and those loyal to him have remained publicly in doubt of the results.

The idea is so widespread, in fact, that one county in Arizona is currently undergoing yet another ballot audit, but under conditions that not everyone seems to find foolproof.

Now, one of Arizona’s Republican State Senators is lashing out.

take our poll - story continues below

Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?

  • Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“Looking back, I didn’t think it would be this ridiculous. It’s embarrassing to be a state senator at this point,” Arizona state Sen. Paul Boyer, who previously supported the audit in Maricopa County, added on Friday, according to The New York Times.

Republicans in the Arizona state Senate advanced an audit of the 2020 election vote in Maricopa County last month, even after multiple audits since November found that the vote was counted accurately.

Boyer would continue, stating that the audit made the GOP “look like idiots”.

Concerns about the validity of the election have been a hot button issue in Washington DC as well, with a number of members of Congress remaining steadfast in their belief that Donald Trump was cheated out of a second term.

Opinion

In Marathon Presser, Biden Offers Grim Assessment of Russia-Ukraine Situation

And he was harshly rebuked by Ukraine in the process.

Published

on

On Wednesday, US President Joe Biden set out to prove to the nation that he is not the “Sleepy Joe” that Donald Trump so ruthlessly mocked on the campaign trail, enduring a nearly two-hour press conference that appeared, for all intents and purposes, to be a simple PR stunt.

Biden’s answers to the press’s questions were a bit off at times, with even CNN running articles on Thursday detailing the numerous factual errors that he made.

But, on the subject of Ukraine, the Commander in Chief had a bleak warning.

President Joe Biden said Wednesday he thinks Russia will invade Ukraine and warned President Vladimir Putin that his country would pay a “dear price” in lives lost and a possible cutoff from the global banking system if it does.

take our poll - story continues below

Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?

  • Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Biden, speaking at a news conference to mark his one-year anniversary in office, also said a “minor incursion” by Russia would elicit a lesser response. He later sought to clarify that he was referring to a non-military action, such as a cyberattack, that would be met with a similar reciprocal response, and that if Russian forces cross the Ukrainian border, killing Ukrainian fighters, “that changes everything.”

But the comments also hinted at the challenge of keeping the United States and its NATO allies united in their response to Russia. In explaining the minor incursion remark, he said “it’s very important that we keep everyone in NATO on the same page.”

The statement was almost immediately lambasted by Ukrainian officials, who reminded the President that there is “no such thing as a minor incursion”.

 

On Wednesday, US President Joe Biden set out to prove to the nation that he is not the “Sleepy Joe” that Donald Trump so ruthlessly mocked on the campaign trail, enduring a nearly two-hour press conference that appeared, for all intents and purposes, to be a simple PR stunt. Biden’s answers to the press’s questions were a bit off at times, with even CNN running articles on Thursday detailing the numerous factual errors that he made. But, on the subject of Ukraine, the Commander in Chief had a bleak warning. President Joe Biden said Wednesday he thinks Russia will invade Ukraine and warned President Vladimir Putin that his country would pay a “dear price” in lives lost and a possible cutoff from the global banking system if it does. Biden, speaking at a news conference to mark his one-year anniversary in office, also said a “minor incursion” by Russia would elicit a lesser response. He later sought to clarify that he was referring to a non-military action, such as a cyberattack, that would be met with a similar reciprocal response, and that if Russian forces cross the Ukrainian border, killing Ukrainian fighters, “that changes everything.” But the comments also hinted at the challenge of keeping the United States and its NATO allies united in their response to Russia. In explaining the minor incursion remark, he said “it’s very important that we keep everyone in NATO on the same page.” The statement was almost immediately lambasted by Ukrainian officials, who reminded the President that there is “no such thing as a minor incursion”.  

Continue Reading

News

Donald Trump Gets Bad News from SCOTUS Regarding January 6th

The Democrats just gained a whole lot of 2022 and 2024 ammunition.

Published

on

In their pursuit of political points, the January 6th committee has exuded a nonstop barrage of actions taken at the expense of former President Donald Trump, generally believed to be in the interest of stymying his plans for the 2024 presidential election.

Their attacks have fairly transparent of late, subpoenaing anyone and everyone who had contact with the former President in and around the date in question, and even some who had nothing to do with the attack on the Capitol at all.

This week, the group scored a rather major win in the Supreme Court, which will allow them access to a trove of documents from the Trump White House.

The U.S. Supreme Court has delivered a blow to former President Donald Trump, rejecting his request to block release of White House records being sought by the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

take our poll - story continues below

Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?

  • Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

The court’s order paves the way for the release of records from the National Archives. The records could shed light on the events that led to the riot by Trump supporters protesting the results of the 2020 presidential election, which was won by Democrat Joe Biden.

In its decision Wednesday, the Supreme Court noted that the question of whether a former president can claim executive privilege need not be answered in this case, because a lower court had already decided.

And they didn’t beat around the bush.

“Because the Court of Appeals concluded that President Trump’s claims would have failed even if he were the incumbent, his status as a former President necessarily made no difference to the court’s decision,” the court said in its order.

There is little doubt that this access will only cause the scope of the already-controversial investigation to widen, and allow the Democrats a plethora of new angles from which to launch their politically-focused onslaught.

In their pursuit of political points, the January 6th committee has exuded a nonstop barrage of actions taken at the expense of former President Donald Trump, generally believed to be in the interest of stymying his plans for the 2024 presidential election. Their attacks have fairly transparent of late, subpoenaing anyone and everyone who had contact with the former President in and around the date in question, and even some who had nothing to do with the attack on the Capitol at all. This week, the group scored a rather major win in the Supreme Court, which will allow them access to a trove of documents from the Trump White House. The U.S. Supreme Court has delivered a blow to former President Donald Trump, rejecting his request to block release of White House records being sought by the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. The court’s order paves the way for the release of records from the National Archives. The records could shed light on the events that led to the riot by Trump supporters protesting the results of the 2020 presidential election, which was won by Democrat Joe Biden. In its decision Wednesday, the Supreme Court noted that the question of whether a former president can claim executive privilege need not be answered in this case, because a lower court had already decided. And they didn’t beat around the bush. “Because the Court of Appeals concluded that President Trump’s claims would have failed even if he were the incumbent, his status as a former President necessarily made no difference to the court’s decision,” the court said in its order. There is little doubt that this access will only cause the scope of the already-controversial investigation to widen, and allow the Democrats a plethora…

Continue Reading
The Schaftlein Report

Latest Articles

Best of the Week