Connect with us

Politics

Jerry Nadler’s ‘Spray and Pray’ Subpoena Schtick Targets More White House Insiders

For Jerry Nadler, denial isn’t just a river in Egypt.

Published

on

Jerry Nadler

There is an obvious pall of discontent hanging over the democratic party in the wake of the release of the Mueller report.

Robert Mueller’s 22 month long investigation into the “RussiaGate” conspiracy theory has left us with more questions than answers, at least in some regard, as President Trump and his team continue to tout the report’s broader realizations.  “No obstruction, no collusion” has become a battlecry as of late, even as federal lawmakers insist that Mueller intended for Congress to make a decision on the “obstruction” piece.

Of the democrats looking to continue their digging into the now-completed Mueller report, Jerry Nadler has been instrumental in stoking the fires of discontent, scattering subpoenas throughout Washington DC in hopes of “getting” President Trump…one way or another.

Trending: NYC Police Chief Confirms: Nearly ‘All’ Arrested Rioters Will Be Released Without Bail

His latest legal maneuver is targeting Don McGhan, former White House counsel, who disobeyed the President’s wishes, according to the Mueller report.

take our poll - story continues below

Trump or Biden, who will win?

  • Why wait until November 3? Show all of America who you're voting for in 2020  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., on Monday subpoenaed former White House counsel Don McGahn to testify publicly next month following last week’s release of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report on the Russia investigation.

Nadler described McGahn, who stepped down as White House counsel in October 2018, as “a critical witness to many of the alleged instances of obstruction of justice and other misconduct described in the Special Counsel’s report.”

“The Special Counsel’s report, even in redacted form, outlines substantial evidence that President Trump engaged in obstruction and other abuses,” Nadler said. “It now falls to Congress to determine for itself the full scope of the misconduct and to decide what steps to take in the exercise of our duties of oversight, legislation and constitutional accountability.”

Nadler has given McGhan a set of deadlines as well, urging the former Trump lawyer to testify before May 21, and provide underlying documents regarding his role in the Mueller investigation by May 7.

 

Save conservative media!

News

Trump Steps Back From Insurrection Act, But Not Before Military Leaders Issue Strong Rebuke

Published

on

President Donald Trump has signaled that he is going to step back from threats he’s made concerning the deployment of federal troops to states that are refusing to use the military to quell riots and violent protests, but not before leaders in the military issued sharp rebukes for his position on the matter. Trump spoke with with former White House spokesman Sean Spicer on Newsmax TV Wednesday saying, “I don’t think we’ll have to,” referring, of course, to the invoking of the Insurrection Act, which would dispatch active-duty military troops on the streets to help reign in the current chaos. “We have very strong powers to do it. The National Guard is customary, and we have a very powerful National Guard, over 300,000 men and women, and we can do pretty much whatever we want as far as that,” the president said. “But as far as going beyond that, sure, if it was necessary.” via The Washington Examiner: On a leaked call Monday, Trump called governors “weak” and urged them, with the backing of Defense Secretary Mark Esper and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley, to call up more National Guard members to quell protests in response to the death of George Floyd in police custody. “If a city or state refuses to take the actions that are necessary to defend the life and property of their residents, then I will deploy the United States military and quickly solve the problem for them,” he said. Esper went on to say on Wednesday morning that the military lexicon was inappropriate. “I’ve always believed and continue to believe that the National Guard is best suited for performing domestic support to civil authorities in these situations,” Esper stated. “I do not support invoking the Insurrection Act.” The former National Guardsman…

Continue Reading

News

Lindsey Graham Weighs In On Mattis Criticism of Trump, Says He’s ‘Buying Into A Narrative’

Published

on

South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham weighed in on some rather brutal comments made by former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis about President Donald Trump, stating that he was “buying into a narrative” after slamming the president for his handling of the riots and protests in light of the death of George Floyd. Graham made an appearance on Fox & Friends where he said that Mattis isn’t understanding, despite the several years he spent serving in his administration, that Trump is the victim of a political blame game. “The one thing I would tell Gen. Mattis is that you don’t quite understand that from the time President Trump wakes up until he goes to bed, there’s an effort to destroy his presidency. … Nobody wants to send active-duty troops into American cities unless they are invited and unless they are absolutely necessary,” Graham said during the interview. Here’s more from The Washington Examiner: “But I would say that Gov. Cuomo should have called out the National Guard early on, and I would ask Gen. Mattis to look at the behavior of the politicians in these cities and see if you can find fault with them,” he said, referring to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo. “It is so fashionable to blame President Trump for every wrong in America, and he can be a handful, and can he do better? Yes. But the problems we have in America today weren’t caused by Donald Trump, and hopefully, he can help the nation heal some of these problems.” Mattis claimed that Trump was ordering the National Guard to “violate the constitutional rights of their fellow citizens” so that the president could have a “bizarre photo op” in front of St. John’s Episcopal Church near the White House on Monday. Trump responded to Mattis’s condemnation by tweeting,…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week

 
Send this to a friend