Connect with us

*Headline

Journalist Pulls Out Phone, Calls Number Listed as Prince Andrew’s Phone in Epstein’s ‘Little Black Book’

Western Journal

Published

on

Ahead of an ITV documentary set to air on Tuesday night called “Ghislaine, Prince Andrew and the Paedophile,” the network’s Ranvir Singh, the political editor for British talk show Good Morning Britain, joined the program’s co-hosts, Richard Madeley and Susanna Reid, on Tuesday morning.

The documentary will cover what is known about Prince Andrew’s relationship with recently convicted sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell and her late boyfriend, disgraced pedophile, Jeffrey Epstein.

The Daily Mail published a clip from the forthcoming show in which Singh calls a mobile telephone number she’s found in Jeffrey Epstein’s “little black book.”


Looking at the list of Epstein’s contact, Ranvir says: “The names and numbers in here are vast. It’s not exactly a little black book by any means.”

“The one that really catches your attention is the one up here and this is for the Duke of York. Duke of York, Buckingham Palace, London, his address, it says here, and there are numbers for Sunning Hill, Wood Farm, his Equerry, Balmoral with what looks like a mobile phone number on here for him, I’m going to give it a go.”

She dials the number and the call goes straight to a message which sounds very much like Prince Andrew.

The message says: “I’m afraid I’ve not been quick enough to get to the phone before it went off to take your message. If you do have a message, please leave it and I will get back to you as soon as I can,” as the UK Express also reported.

At the tone Singh leaves a message: “Hello, I think this might be Prince Andrew. This is Ranvir Singh from ITV and we found your number on the little black book and we’d like to have a chat with you if you could get back to us, thank you.”

According to The Mail, the little black book is allegedly a 92-page list of Maxwell and Epstein’s contacts.

The report says “a version of the book was leaked in 2015, and reportedly includes names and phone numbers of more than 1,000 celebrities, politicians and titans of business.”

The Mail reports it was originally leaked by US blog Gawker which claimed they had obtained it from court documents.

“At least two hard copies of the directory existed, with staff at Epstein’s Palm Beach mansions reportedly told to make sure one was kept on each side of Epstein and Maxwell’s bed,” according to The Mail.

The directory was used as “evidence” in Maxwell’s trial.

Maxwell’s conviction, as well as the decision of a U.S. federal judge last week, has paved the way for victim Virginia Roberts Giuffre’s civil case against the Duke of York. Giuffre alleges “she was forced to have sex with the Duke three times in 2001 at Epstein’s multiple homes,” according to the Mail.

Unless Prince Andrew is able to settle outside of court with Giuffre ahead of time, he faces a civil trial in New York which could start as soon as September.

Already banished from performing his royal duties when these charges became known in 2019, Buckingham Palace announced last Thursday that the royal was forced to “relinquish his military titles and royal charities,” including use of the title “His Royal Highness,” The New York Times reported.

All of this has obviously turned up the heat on Prince Andrew and is certain to get even hotter before it cools down.

Last week, media lawyer Mark Stephens told the Mail, “Prince Andrew has nowhere to go. He’s effectively a dead man walking as far as the royal family is concerned.”

I imagine most of England will be tuning in to ITV’s documentary tonight.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

*Headline

DeSantis Unloads on Biden Administration for ‘Indefensible’ Ban on COVID Antibody Treatments

Western Journal

Published

on

Republican Florida Gov. Ronald DeSantis slammed the Biden administration Monday for ending its emergency use authorization of two major COVID-10 monoclonal antibody treatments.

The Food and Drug Administration announced earlier that day that it will permit the use of Lilly’s (bamlanivimab and etesevimab) treatment and Regeneron’s REGEN-COV (casirivimab and imdevimab) treatment only when a patient “is likely to have been infected with or exposed to a variant that is susceptible to these treatments.”

Referring to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention statistics indicating that omicron is the dominant COVID-19 strain in the United States, constituting 99 percent of cases nationwide as of Jan. 15, Dr. Patrizia Cavazzoni, director of the FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, said that “data show these treatments are highly unlikely to be active against the omicron variant.”

Therefore, she said, “these treatments are not authorized for use in any U.S. states, territories, and jurisdictions at this time.”

“In the future, if patients in certain geographic regions are likely to be infected or exposed to a variant that is susceptible to these treatments, then use of these treatments may be authorized in these regions,” Cavazonni said.

The FDA decided to restrict the monoclonal antibody treatments to prevent “exposing patients to side effects, such as injection site reactions or allergic reactions, which can be potentially serious, from specific treatment agents that are not expected to provide benefit to patients who have been infected with or exposed to the omicron variant,” Cavazonni said.

The move is a revocation of a Trump-era emergency use authorization the agency implemented in November 2020 to fight the rising number of COVID-19 cases in the country.

According to The New York Times, when a wave of delta variant cases hit hospitals across the nation last year, the treatments could prevent hospitalizations provided health care workers administered them in time.

However, the Times reported in December, once omicron struck, the treatments failed to work against the virus, prompting health care systems such as New York City’s to withdraw them.

DeSantis’ office issued a scathing statement demanding that the Biden administration reinstate the authorization for the treatments, calling its decision to revoke them “sudden” and “reckless.”

“Without a shred of clinical data to support this action, Biden has forced trained medical professionals to choose between treating their patients or breaking the law,” the governor said.

“This indefensible edict takes treatment out of the hands of medical professionals and will cost some Americans their lives,” he said. “There are real-world implications to Biden’s medical authoritarianism – Americans’ access to treatments is now subject to the whims of a failing president.”

Florida Surgeon General Dr. Joseph Ladapo joined DeSantis in criticizing the FDA decision.

“In our field of medicine, when someone comes to you seeking a treatment that could save their life, it is essential to have treatment options to ensure health care providers can make the best decisions for their patients,” Ladapo said.

“The Federal Government has failed to adequately provide the United States with adequate outpatient treatment options for COVID-19,” he said. “Now, they are scrambling to cover up a failure to deliver on a promise to ‘shut down the virus.’”

Appointments for more than 2,000 Floridians scheduled to take the antibody treatments were canceled in compliance with the updates to FDA guidelines, according to DeSantis’ office.

“Rather than giving Americans the option for various COVID treatments, the FDA and the Biden Administration issued their royal decree, taking away the very thing that is proven to reduce hospitalizations and save lives,” Florida Lt. Gov. Jeanette Nuñez said in a statement.

“Monoclonal antibody treatments like Regeneron have had a positive impact for thousands of Floridians,” she said. “For the CDC and FDA, which have been consistently inconsistent throughout the entire pandemic, to restrict treatment does nothing but put individuals at risk.”

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

Republican Florida Gov. Ronald DeSantis slammed the Biden administration Monday for ending its emergency use authorization of two major COVID-10 monoclonal antibody treatments. The Food and Drug Administration announced earlier that day that it will permit the use of Lilly’s (bamlanivimab and etesevimab) treatment and Regeneron’s REGEN-COV (casirivimab and imdevimab) treatment only when a patient “is likely to have been infected with or exposed to a variant that is susceptible to these treatments.” Referring to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention statistics indicating that omicron is the dominant COVID-19 strain in the United States, constituting 99 percent of cases nationwide as of Jan. 15, Dr. Patrizia Cavazzoni, director of the FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, said that “data show these treatments are highly unlikely to be active against the omicron variant.” Therefore, she said, “these treatments are not authorized for use in any U.S. states, territories, and jurisdictions at this time.” “In the future, if patients in certain geographic regions are likely to be infected or exposed to a variant that is susceptible to these treatments, then use of these treatments may be authorized in these regions,” Cavazonni said. Because data shows these treatments are highly unlikely to be active against the omicron variant, which is circulating at a very high frequency throughout the U.S., these treatments are not authorized for use in any U.S. states, territories, and jurisdictions at this time. — U.S. FDA (@US_FDA) January 24, 2022 The FDA decided to restrict the monoclonal antibody treatments to prevent “exposing patients to side effects, such as injection site reactions or allergic reactions, which can be potentially serious, from specific treatment agents that are not expected to provide benefit to patients who have been infected with or exposed to the omicron variant,” Cavazonni said. The move is a…

Continue Reading

*Headline

US to Begin Evacuating Family of Embassy Personnel from Ukraine Within Hours

Western Journal

Published

on

As fears grow that Russia is on the brink of invading Ukraine, the State Department is telling Americans to get out now.

The State Department has ordered families of U.S. Embassy personnel in Ukraine to start fleeing beginning Monday, according to Fox News. Ukraine is seven hours ahead of the United States’ Eastern Time zone, meaning evacuations could begin when it’s still Sunday in Washington.

Other Americans in Ukraine will be encouraged to start leaving the country next week on commercial flights, “while those are still available,” one official said, according to Fox.

A commentary piece published Friday by NBC, authored by Brett Bruen, a former director of global engagement in the Obama White House, argued that President Joe Biden last week undercut any expectations of a defense of Ukraine with a comment at a news conference that if Russia conducted a “minor incursion” into Ukraine, the consequences would be mild.

“This clumsy, cringe-worthy attempt to distinguish between minor and major invasions sent a clear signal to the Kremlin that if troops stopped short of a full-scale military operation, they might avoid a serious response from the West. This is an ideal outcome for Russia. In fact, it is its preferred path forward,” Bruen wrote.

Biden, he wrote, “said only what many had already speculated. But saying the silent part out loud is serious stuff in diplomacy. It’s been clear for months now that Washington would prefer not to get entangled in a significant spat with Moscow. During their summit in Geneva this summer, Biden essentially told Putin, and later the news media, that as long as he doesn’t meddle as much, we can live with it.”

“This is, unfortunately, part of a broader, more detached approach to foreign crises that the White House has taken. The Kremlin took it as a major moment to move ahead with an ambitious attempt to assert more control over its neighbors,” he wrote.

Republican Rep. Michael McCaul of Texas said Russia has a “very aggressive timetable” for invading Ukraine.

“My prediction is, you’re going to see Russia invading Ukraine in the next month,” McCaul said Friday, according to Fox News.

He said that Russia has concluded Biden is a “weak president” and Russia now has carte blanche to  “conduct what could be the largest invasion in Europe since World War II.”

“The key to addressing Russian aggression is deterrence,” McCaul said. “This administration has done far too little to deter Russia from further invading Ukraine.”

“Slow-rolling this type of assistance and support as Kyiv sits at the epicenter of what could be the biggest conflict since World War II is absolutely unacceptable,” he said.

Do you think Russia will invade Ukraine?

An article in The Washington Post on Sunday reported that British officials believe that Russia’s end game in invading Ukraine is to install a puppet government that would be subservient to Russian leader Vladimir Putin.

“The information being released today shines a light on the extent of Russian activity designed to subvert Ukraine and is an insight into Kremlin thinking,” U.K. Foreign Secretary Liz Truss said in a statement, according to the Post.

“As the U.K. and our partners have said repeatedly, any Russian military incursion into Ukraine would be a massive strategic mistake with severe costs,” Truss said.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

As fears grow that Russia is on the brink of invading Ukraine, the State Department is telling Americans to get out now. The State Department has ordered families of U.S. Embassy personnel in Ukraine to start fleeing beginning Monday, according to Fox News. Ukraine is seven hours ahead of the United States’ Eastern Time zone, meaning evacuations could begin when it’s still Sunday in Washington. Other Americans in Ukraine will be encouraged to start leaving the country next week on commercial flights, “while those are still available,” one official said, according to Fox. The Department of State is preparing to approve the evacuation of some U.S. diplomats and diplomats’ families from the embassy in Ukraine, sources confirmed to @ABC News. https://t.co/F4aZ8UakrB — ABC News (@ABC) January 22, 2022 A commentary piece published Friday by NBC, authored by Brett Bruen, a former director of global engagement in the Obama White House, argued that President Joe Biden last week undercut any expectations of a defense of Ukraine with a comment at a news conference that if Russia conducted a “minor incursion” into Ukraine, the consequences would be mild. “This clumsy, cringe-worthy attempt to distinguish between minor and major invasions sent a clear signal to the Kremlin that if troops stopped short of a full-scale military operation, they might avoid a serious response from the West. This is an ideal outcome for Russia. In fact, it is its preferred path forward,” Bruen wrote. Biden, he wrote, “said only what many had already speculated. But saying the silent part out loud is serious stuff in diplomacy. It’s been clear for months now that Washington would prefer not to get entangled in a significant spat with Moscow. During their summit in Geneva this summer, Biden essentially told Putin, and later the news media, that as long…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week