Connect with us

Entertainment

Lawyers Involved in Baldwin Shooting Probe Suggest ‘Sabotage’ as Possible Cause

The sheer possibility that “sabotage” was involved belies the unforgivable dysfunction on set.

Published

on

The story surrounding the shooting death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins continues to evolved this weeks, with investigators and litigators beginning to roost in their own corners, preparing for the likely-ugly legal fight ahead.

The incident, which is has now been revealed to involve live ammunition, saw Hollywood A-lister Alec Baldwin draw and fire a weapon in rehearsal, with a projectile striking two people on set, with the aforementioned Hutchins representing the lone fatality.

Now, in a shocking statement, lawyers involved in the case are suggesting that “sabotage” may have played a role in the horrific accident.

Armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed was one of four people who handled the weapon prior to Alec Baldwin firing it while rehearsing a scene for the indie-western. As a result, Santa Fe County Sheriff Adan Mendoza said that the investigation is largely focused on her as well as how a live round made its way to the set of the film at all.

take our poll - story continues below

Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?

  • Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Speaking on the “Today” show Wednesday, Jason Bowles and Robert Gorence claimed that the bullets their client loaded into the gun on the day of the shooting were taken from a box that was only supposed to contain dummy rounds that were incapable of firing. However, because the ammunition was left unattended from roughly 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. that day, they believe the opportunity was there for a disgruntled crew member to mix a live round into the box.

The statement they made was simply stunning.

“We don’t know, however, whether that live round came from that box,” Bowles said. “We’re assuming it did. We’re assuming somebody put that live round in that box, which, if you think about that, the person who put the live round in the box of dummy rounds had to have the purpose of sabotaging the set. There’s no other reason you would do that. That you would mix that live round with the dummy rounds.”

And while no accusations have been publicly made, the sheer fact that the possibility even exists at this point in the investigation has led many to believe that the incompetence and recklessness of the production team may be far worse than previously reported.

Entertainment

Chris Cuomo Preparing Massive Lawsuit Aimed at Former Employer

But CNN INSTANTLY put the kibosh on it!

Published

on

Things over at CNN have been rough in recent days, and they certainly aren’t smoothing out anytime soon.

The infotainment network is facing an onslaught of trouble of late, thanks largely to the actions of Chris Cuomo – formerly the top draw at the station – thanks to his inappropriate actions in regard to his brother’s sexual assault scandal during his time as the Governor of New York.

Cuomo has since been fired, and a war of words has erupted between he and his former employer.  Just yesterday it was reported that CNN was rebuking Cuomo’s claims that they were aware of the poor behavior of their primetime star.

Today, Cuomo is setting himself up to sue CNN.

take our poll - story continues below

Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?

  • Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Fired CNN host Chris Cuomo is set to sue the network if it balks at paying him at least $18 million to cover what’s left on his contract, sources told The Post on Monday.

Cuomo, 51, has hired lawyers and is preparing to file the lawsuit over the remainder of the four-year contract he signed last year — after a bitter back-and-forth about what the network knew of his secret efforts to aid his embattled brother, then-Gov. Andrew Cuomo, said sources familiar with the matter.

His contract was reportedly worth $6 million annually, leaving between $18 million and $20 million that he would be owed, sources said, adding that Chris Cuomo would also likely seek damages.

The network was not entertained by the idea.

But CNN has “no intention of paying [Chris] Cuomo a penny,” an insider said.

“If he gets a settlement, there would be uproar,” the source added.

Cuomo has also left his SiriusXM radio program this week, leaving the longtime anchor with no audience to complain to.

Things over at CNN have been rough in recent days, and they certainly aren’t smoothing out anytime soon. The infotainment network is facing an onslaught of trouble of late, thanks largely to the actions of Chris Cuomo – formerly the top draw at the station – thanks to his inappropriate actions in regard to his brother’s sexual assault scandal during his time as the Governor of New York. Cuomo has since been fired, and a war of words has erupted between he and his former employer.  Just yesterday it was reported that CNN was rebuking Cuomo’s claims that they were aware of the poor behavior of their primetime star. Today, Cuomo is setting himself up to sue CNN. Fired CNN host Chris Cuomo is set to sue the network if it balks at paying him at least $18 million to cover what’s left on his contract, sources told The Post on Monday. Cuomo, 51, has hired lawyers and is preparing to file the lawsuit over the remainder of the four-year contract he signed last year — after a bitter back-and-forth about what the network knew of his secret efforts to aid his embattled brother, then-Gov. Andrew Cuomo, said sources familiar with the matter. His contract was reportedly worth $6 million annually, leaving between $18 million and $20 million that he would be owed, sources said, adding that Chris Cuomo would also likely seek damages. The network was not entertained by the idea. But CNN has “no intention of paying [Chris] Cuomo a penny,” an insider said. “If he gets a settlement, there would be uproar,” the source added. Cuomo has also left his SiriusXM radio program this week, leaving the longtime anchor with no audience to complain to.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

CNN SHAME: Don Lemon Now Accused of Feeding Information to Jussie Smollett

How long until Lemon is fired?

Published

on

CNN has spent a great deal of time and resources attempting to convince the nation that they are a real news station, but to no avail.

The infotainment corporation has been in a near-constant state of editorial retching, spewing forth a vast number of strange angles and concocted soundbites that sound far more hard-hitting in print than they do when they are over-acted by one of their on-air talking heads.

But worse still is the fact that CNN anchors are now inserting themselves directly into the news, lampooning any claim of credibility that they may have had left.

Chris Cuomo’s attempts to use his media resources to help his brother escape his sex assault scandals cost him his job.

take our poll - story continues below

Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?

  • Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Nowhere are concerns that Don Lemon may soon face similar admonishment on account of how he became a part of Jussie Smollett’s bizarre case.

Jussie Smollett, on trial for allegedly staging a hate crime against himself, testified Monday that he had correspondence with CNN’s Don Lemon during the early parts of the Chicago Police Department’s (CPD) investigation into the incident.

Smollett, 39, testified that he received a text from Lemon, supposedly relaying information that the CPD didn’t believe Smollett’s account of what happened, Fox News’ Matt Finn reported from the Windy City courthouse.

As of this writing, there has been no official word from CNN on the matter.

Lemon is also facing charges of sexually assaulting a man in a bar, in which the television personality is alleged to have shoved his fingers down his pants and then forced the victim to smell them, while making incredibly offensive statements about the man’s sexuality.

 

CNN has spent a great deal of time and resources attempting to convince the nation that they are a real news station, but to no avail. The infotainment corporation has been in a near-constant state of editorial retching, spewing forth a vast number of strange angles and concocted soundbites that sound far more hard-hitting in print than they do when they are over-acted by one of their on-air talking heads. But worse still is the fact that CNN anchors are now inserting themselves directly into the news, lampooning any claim of credibility that they may have had left. Chris Cuomo’s attempts to use his media resources to help his brother escape his sex assault scandals cost him his job. Nowhere are concerns that Don Lemon may soon face similar admonishment on account of how he became a part of Jussie Smollett’s bizarre case. Jussie Smollett, on trial for allegedly staging a hate crime against himself, testified Monday that he had correspondence with CNN’s Don Lemon during the early parts of the Chicago Police Department’s (CPD) investigation into the incident. Smollett, 39, testified that he received a text from Lemon, supposedly relaying information that the CPD didn’t believe Smollett’s account of what happened, Fox News’ Matt Finn reported from the Windy City courthouse. As of this writing, there has been no official word from CNN on the matter. Lemon is also facing charges of sexually assaulting a man in a bar, in which the television personality is alleged to have shoved his fingers down his pants and then forced the victim to smell them, while making incredibly offensive statements about the man’s sexuality.  

Continue Reading
The Schaftlein Report

Latest Articles

Best of the Week