Connect with us


Lifechanging News as Trucker Who Nearly Hit Dozens of BLMers Before Being Attacked Will Walk Free

Western Journal



A truck driver who was assaulted and then arrested last year after driving onto a crowded Minneapolis highway, which had been overtaken by a mob, will soon have his charges dropped after reaching a deal with prosecutors.

Days after the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis last May, bands of so-called “protesters” began to take over bridges and highways across the country. In the city of Floyd’s death, Black Lives Matter demonstrators were in the midst of terrorizing the city while other people were hard at work ensuring they could earn a paycheck.

On May 31, 2020, a man named Bogdan Vechirko had the audacity to use the Interstate 35W bridge to transport fuel, according to WCCO-TV.

Trending: Woman Charged with Attempted Murder After Shooting Alleged Home Invader

The driver is a working man, and men who drive tankers often use such bridges. But Vechirko was met by a chaotic situation on the bridge, and he did not immediately stop his truck.

take our poll - story continues below

Do you think Cubans are fighting for healthcare or freedom from Communism? (1)

  • Do you think Cubans are fighting for healthcare or freedom from Communism?

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

He instead attempted to navigate through the crowd while seemingly protecting himself and those who had decided to spend their afternoon playing on an interstate — and throwing objects at him.

Video of the incident went viral online.

No one was seriously injured, while Vechirko was booked into jail with lacerations on his face. One of the bridge “protestors” spoke to Minnesota Public Radio after the incident and shared an account of the viral moment.

“We were peaceful and kneeling. Everybody was sedentary, kneeling on the ground. And that semi pummeled through the whole fricking crowd! In peaceful protest!” a woman said.

Another person on the scene told the outlet that there was talk of throwing Vechirko over the bridge and apparently to his death after he stopped.

“Charles Meyer, another witness, said people rushed at the semi and threw their bikes at the front wheels in an effort to stop the truck. The crowd then beat on the windows, men were kicking the front window in, and once they got into the cab, they ‘started beating them down,’” MPR reported. “At some point, others started yelling to throw the driver over the bridge, Meyer said.”

The driver was eventually beaten by the mob after he did stop, WCCO reported. He was also robbed of his wallet, which was not mentioned by Democratic Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, who commented on the incident a day later.

“The motives of the driver are unknown at this time,” Walz said, according to MPR.

What were those motives? Any driver who has ever seen what happened to truck driver Reginald Denny in Los Angeles in 1992 during a riot knows not to stop for dangerous “protestors.” Denny was beaten nearly to death.

Could you imagine driving onto a highway and seeing hordes of angry people seeking a racial reckoning? Would you stop? Vechirko, you’d assume, was at least partially motived by a desire to get his job done, and to not be killed while doing it.

In a miscarriage of justice, Vechirko found himself behind bars after the crowd decided not to throw him over the bridge. He was later charged by Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman with felony threats of violence and gross misdemeanor criminal vehicular operation, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported.

The Star Tribune reported Saturday that Vechirko has reached a deal with prosecutors which will see his charges dropped, so long as he adheres to a “continuance without prosecution” agreement.

If Vechirko stays out of trouble for a year, the charges will be dismissed. The Star Tribune did not report whether the driver’s wallet was ever recovered. It looks like an honest man who was attempting to do his job while the world burned around him will at least avoid being a lifelong felon if he keeps up with his end of the bargain.

In a sane world, he would never have been charged in the first place. Of course, if we lived in a sane world, a mob would never have been permitted to gather on a highway in Minnesota to assert its will on people who were minding their own business.

Vechirko could come away from this situation with some form of relative justice in that he won’t be imprisoned, Still, actual criminals continue to roam free. If the DA’s office in Hennepin County had any interest in justice, those who bloodied and stole from the driver would be the ones facing charges.

Of course, none of his attackers were ever arrested.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.


Family Escapes Through 2nd-Story Window During Armed Standoff After Suspect Barricades Door: Report

Western Journal



On July 25, in Auburn, Alabama, a man reportedly put his family, his neighborhood, first responders and himself in a very dangerous position. Calls came into the Auburn Police District around 7:00 p.m. reporting a domestic violence incident in the Camden Ridge Subdivision. When police arrived, the man reportedly began firing at them with a handgun. Police fired back, and the man retreated into the home, where he also had his family trapped in a room. Thanks to the police and fire department coming together and working smarter instead of harder, the situation was resolved without injury to the family members trapped upstairs. It was firefighter Andrew Kiser, Chief of Police Cedric Anderson and Shift Supervisor Lt. Cody Hill who were responsible for carrying out the daring rescue that helped bring the threat to an end. While the shooter refused to exit the house, the men carried a ladder to the house and set it up to reach one of the second-story windows, where they learned the man’s family had been trapped. While Anderson held the ladder steady, Hill climbed the ladder and Kiser assisted the family as they climbed out of the window. With the family out of the way, Lee County SWAT was able to enter the house and capture the suspect. He was taken to Baptist Medical Center South after he was found to have sustained what appeared to be a gunshot wound. “Auburn PD Alerts: Heavy Police Activity in the Camden Ridge Subdivision, in the area of Wedgewood Ct.,” a public safety alert for the area read, according to WRBL-TV. “The scene is secure at this time, NO ONGOING THREAT.” Auburn Assistant Police Chief Clarence Stewart praised the efforts of all involved, highlighting how each group present played an important role in…

Continue Reading


After Receiving Call About Blazing Attic Fire, Police Rescue Man Trapped Inside Smoke-Filled Bedroom

Western Journal



A family in Marlboro Township, New Jersey, woke up just before midnight on Sunday and sensed something was wrong. They called 911 at around 11:38 p.m., reporting a “possible fire at the residence,” according to The Journal NJ. Officers Ryan Anzalone, Donna Gonzalez, Michael Morgante and Colin Murray with the Marlboro Township Police Department were first on the scene and quickly assessed the situation. They found smoke pouring out of the attic, but were relieved to see the family appeared to have exited the home. After a short time, though, the family realized one of their members was not with them, and was likely still trapped inside on the second floor. Gonzalez and Anzalone charged in and found the man, as described, in a bedroom on the second floor. By the time they got there, the room was “completely filled with smoke,” but they managed to rescue the resident. The fire department had a difficult time accessing the home due to the long, narrow driveway and a large landscaping rock. “While enroute Chief 2-66 was advised of heavy smoke from the attic,” the Robertsville Volunteer Fire Co. #1 posted on Facebook. “At the time the mutual aid response plan was put in place and the box alarm was requested to bring in initial assistance.” “Upon the arrival of 2-66 Chief advised the house was located down a 180 foot narrow driveway. Once engine 2-75 arrived there was trouble accessing the house due to a large ornamental boulder and trees. Members of the engine and police moved the 400lb boulder so the engine could get to the house and attack the fire. “As the incident progressed, the second alarm mutual aid plan was requested for this deep seated, hard to access attic fire.” The two officers who…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week