;
Connect with us

Entertainment

LOCKDOWN-A-PALOOZA: Major Artists Start Canceling Summer/Fall Tours

Is this the beginning of the end of the new normal once again?

Published

on

“Coming soon to a town near you!  Whoever we can find!  Oh, and don’t forget the opening act:  Delta Variant!”

This summer could get downright strange folks, as delta deja vu comes roaring into cities across the country.  The delta variant is already causing headaches in a number of states, as ICU’s and ventilators become scarce.

This has some health officials, notably Dr. Anthony Fauci, predicting a great deal more doom and gloom to come.

Now, just as some areas of the country were ready to get back out into the swing of things, some major musical acts are pulling the plug.

take our poll - story continues below

Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?

  • Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Stevie Nicks has canceled five forthcoming performances at music festivals, citing coronavirus concerns, she said in a statement Tuesday. Nicks had been scheduled to headline one day each of BottleRock Napa Valley in California and the Jazz Aspen fest in Colorado in September, per the AP. In October, she was to have played two days of the Austin City Limits Music Festival and one day of the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival. The dates were all the shows she had planned for 2021.

Nicks addressed the decision head-on.

“These are challenging times with challenging decisions that have to be made,” the 73-year-old singer said in her statement. “I want everyone to be safe and healthy, and the rising COVID cases should be of concern to all of us.”

For Atlanta’s Shaky Knees festival, Nicks will be replaced by the ever-industrious Foo Fighters.

 

Entertainment

Giuliani Jilted: Fox News Bans Rudy and Son from Appearing on Network

This, after Rudy was integral in bringing Fox News to the mainstream.

Published

on

In the latest bit of fallout from Donald Trump’s first term as President, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani has been banned by Fox News.

Giuliani, who served as the personal attorney for Donald Trump during much of his presidency, is currently in legal limbo, having lost his ability to practice law in New York while facing a rather sizable defamation lawsuit from Dominion Voting Systems.

Now, as many continue to wonder how much influence Trump will have on the future of the Republican Party, Giuliani has taken a major publicity hit.

Prior to a scheduled appearance on “Fox & Friends” on Sept. 11, “Fox & Friends Weekend” co-host Pete Hegseth apparently called the former New York City mayor the night before and apologized, telling him he had been canceled from their guest list.

take our poll - story continues below

Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?

  • Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

The decision was particularly troubling for Rudy.

A source close to the former New York City mayor told Playbook that Giuliani was upset by the decision because he had “done a big favor” for Fox Corp. founder and Chairman Rupert Murdoch.

“He was instrumental in getting Fox on Time Warner so it could be watched in New York City,” the source told Playbook.

Giuliani’s son Andrew is also reportedly banned from the network, although no official reasoning has been given for either action.

 

In the latest bit of fallout from Donald Trump’s first term as President, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani has been banned by Fox News. Giuliani, who served as the personal attorney for Donald Trump during much of his presidency, is currently in legal limbo, having lost his ability to practice law in New York while facing a rather sizable defamation lawsuit from Dominion Voting Systems. Now, as many continue to wonder how much influence Trump will have on the future of the Republican Party, Giuliani has taken a major publicity hit. Prior to a scheduled appearance on “Fox & Friends” on Sept. 11, “Fox & Friends Weekend” co-host Pete Hegseth apparently called the former New York City mayor the night before and apologized, telling him he had been canceled from their guest list. The decision was particularly troubling for Rudy. A source close to the former New York City mayor told Playbook that Giuliani was upset by the decision because he had “done a big favor” for Fox Corp. founder and Chairman Rupert Murdoch. “He was instrumental in getting Fox on Time Warner so it could be watched in New York City,” the source told Playbook. Giuliani’s son Andrew is also reportedly banned from the network, although no official reasoning has been given for either action.  

Continue Reading

Entertainment

CNN’s Cuomo Accused of Heinous Sexual Assault, Complete with Tone-Deaf Apology

As of this writing, Cuomo is still employed by CNN.

Published

on

Just months after his brother finally succumbed to heavy public pressure to resign as Governor of New York, Chris Cuomo is now facing similar accusations of sexual misconduct stemming from  workplace incident in 2005.

Andrew Cuomo, the disgraced Empire State Lawmaker, was accused by no less than 9 women of sexual abuse, assault, and harassment during his time in the governor’s mansion.  During the public fallout, it was determined that he had reached out to his brother Chris Cuomo, the CNN anchor, in order to pool PR resources – something that the younger Cuomo apologized for on-air.

One has to wonder what sort of apology is on the horizon now.

In a guest essay for the New York Times, former executive producer Shelley Ross outlined an incident where Cuomo, who came under fire this year for giving private advice to his brother New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo during his sexual harassment scandal, squeezed the cheek of her buttock without her permission in 2005. She also produced an email where Chris Cuomo appeared to admit to the incident and apologize for his behavior.

take our poll - story continues below

Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?

  • Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“At the time, I was the executive producer of an ABC entertainment special, but I was Mr. Cuomo’s executive producer at ‘Primetime Live’ just before that,” she wrote. “I was at the party with my husband, who sat behind me on an ottoman sipping his Diet Coke as I spoke with work friends. When Mr. Cuomo entered the Upper West Side bar, he walked toward me and greeted me with a strong bear hug while lowering one hand to firmly grab and squeeze the cheek of my buttock.”

Cuomo’s apology email has also been heavily criticized, as it appears to show more defense to Ross’ husband than to her.

Cuomo, who was 34 at the time of the alleged incident, asked Ross to pass along an apology to her “very good and noble husband,” and also “I apologize to you as well, for even putting you in su]ch a position.” He added he would remember his lesson the next time he was happy to see her.

As of this writing, Cuomo is still employed by CNN.

Just months after his brother finally succumbed to heavy public pressure to resign as Governor of New York, Chris Cuomo is now facing similar accusations of sexual misconduct stemming from  workplace incident in 2005. Andrew Cuomo, the disgraced Empire State Lawmaker, was accused by no less than 9 women of sexual abuse, assault, and harassment during his time in the governor’s mansion.  During the public fallout, it was determined that he had reached out to his brother Chris Cuomo, the CNN anchor, in order to pool PR resources – something that the younger Cuomo apologized for on-air. One has to wonder what sort of apology is on the horizon now. In a guest essay for the New York Times, former executive producer Shelley Ross outlined an incident where Cuomo, who came under fire this year for giving private advice to his brother New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo during his sexual harassment scandal, squeezed the cheek of her buttock without her permission in 2005. She also produced an email where Chris Cuomo appeared to admit to the incident and apologize for his behavior. “At the time, I was the executive producer of an ABC entertainment special, but I was Mr. Cuomo’s executive producer at ‘Primetime Live’ just before that,” she wrote. “I was at the party with my husband, who sat behind me on an ottoman sipping his Diet Coke as I spoke with work friends. When Mr. Cuomo entered the Upper West Side bar, he walked toward me and greeted me with a strong bear hug while lowering one hand to firmly grab and squeeze the cheek of my buttock.” Cuomo’s apology email has also been heavily criticized, as it appears to show more defense to Ross’ husband than to her. Cuomo, who was 34 at the time of the…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week