Connect with us

News

Los Angeles Lakers Send $4.6 Million Paycheck Protection Program Loan Back

Published

on

With so many small businesses suffering as a result of the shutdowns many states have implemented in order to deal with the spread of the coronavirus, the federal government decided to try and ease the burden by putting the Paycheck Protection Program in place.

However, it seems that a lot of “small businesses” are getting large sums of the cash from this program and it makes no sense for them to receive it. Like the Los Angeles Lakers for example. Fortunately, the team decided to give the money back, which is the right call, as other truly small companies who are struggling right now can use that cash to keep afloat and provide payment for their employees.

Here’s more on this from The Washington Examiner:

Trending: College Student Gets Suspended for Saying ‘A Man Is A Man, A Woman Is A Woman’ (Details)

The Los Angeles Lakers have returned the more than $4 million the team received as part of the Paycheck Protection Program that Congress approved in response to the nationwide outbreak of the coronavirus.

take our poll - story continues below

Would You Vote for Trump If He Runs In 2024?

  • Would You Vote for Trump If He Runs In 2024?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Once team owners learned that funds from the first installment of the federal program had been depleted, the team “repaid the loan so that financial support would be directed to those most in need,” a spokesperson told the Los Angeles Times.

“The Lakers remain completely committed to supporting both our employees and the community,” the team said.

President Trump signed the $2.2 trillion relief bill last month providing $349 billion in loans to small businesses who have less than 500 employees. However, it didn’t take long for the money put into the program to be tapped out. The president signed a second relief bill last week to stick another $484 billion into the program.

The Lakers franchises did not answer questions from the Los Angeles Times about why it applied to the program to begin with. As of this writing, there’s no system in place to track who applies for these loans nor who receives them.

The reason it’s ridiculous that they would apply for the loan is that the Lakers are reportedly worth $4.4 billion. Hardly seems like they need any extra funds to keep the doors open. There are plenty of other businesses who need that cash.

As of now, the NBA has suspended 2019-2020 regular season play, which means all of the professional teams are going to take a heavy hit this year.

*Headline

Donald Trump Is Already ‘Planning for the Next Administration’ — VIDEO

2024 will be here before you know it…

John Salvatore

Published

on

If Donald Trump again runs for president in 2024 AND if he becomes the Republican Party nominee, you’d have to imagine there’s little chance he would “lose” an election twice in a row. If Trump becomes president on January 20, 2025, who comes with him as a member of his cabinet? Pompeo, most likely. Carson would be probable. But you’d have to think Haley, Pence, and a few other big names from the first term wouldn’t even get a phone call. Appearing on Hannity on Friday night, Mark Meadows, former Congressman and chief of staff, dropped a bomb. Meadows said, “What we will see on Sunday is we will see the start of planning for the next administration. And I can tell you, the people that are at the top of that list, all of them have Trump as their last name.” WATCH: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaSCFIcgR7M&feature=emb_title And here’s your daily dose of random noise from Twitter… https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1365477701767823361 https://twitter.com/trscoop/status/1365479675506659332 https://twitter.com/realDailyWire/status/1365486571978301442 https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1365496943225556994

Continue Reading

News

Trump to Start New Political Action Committee — Corey Lewandowski to Head It Up

He’s still top dog!

John Salvatore

Published

on

The world has long been waiting to see what’s next for Donald Trump. The former President has been largely laying low down at Mar-a-Lago these past few weeks, with only a few quick statements having been disseminated by those around him. His Twitter account remains suspended, which could be one reason for the lack of controversy he’s spawned these days. Now, with a major CPAC speech leering imminently over the horizon, The Don is making some moves. From Fox News: Former President Trump is starting up a new political action committee and is eyeing longtime top political adviser and aide Corey Lewandowski to head up the new super PAC, multiple people with knowledge of the conversations confirmed to Fox News. The move was decided during a meeting late last week at Trump’s south Florida residence at Mar-a-Lago when the former president gathered with his political team. The group included 2020 campaign managers Bill Stepien and Brad Parscale, senior adviser Jason Miller, former White House social media director Dan Scavino, and Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr. CONTINUED: Sources familiar with the meeting shared that a number of Trump’s post-presidency political activities were discussed and added that plans to start up the PAC were not finalized. “MAGA supporters and candidates supporting President Trump’s America First agenda are going to be impressed with the political operation being built out here,” Miller said. “We expect formal announcements of the full team in the coming weeks, which will include some very talented operatives not yet named.” The move will likely solidify Trump’s influence over the Republican Party – something that moderates and Democrats alike still fear.

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week