Connect with us

News

Louisiana Mayor Takes Major Action Against Nike and Their New “Just Do It” Campaign

Published

on

Nike continues to reap what it sowed with the choice of Colin Kaepernick for the 30th anniversary of their “Just Do It” campaign, as the mayor of a city in Louisiana has officially banned Nike in his town.

Guess the vast majority of Americans don’t like to see their country, their flag, and the brave souls in the military who defend our freedom treated like dirt by professional athletes and hailed as heroes by sportswear companies.

Who would’ve though?

In response to Nike endorsing the man who triggered the anthem protest by declaring in 2016 that he was “not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,” Republican Mayor Ben Zahn of Kenner, Louisiana issued a new rule for the city’s recreational facilities: No more Nike.

take our poll - story continues below

Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?

  • Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“Effective immediately all purchases made by any booster club operating at any Kenner Recreation Facility for wearing apparel, shoes, athletic equipment and/or any athletic product must be approved by the Director of Parks and Recreation, or his designee,” Kenner wrote in an official memo, the Times-Picayune reported Sunday. “Under no circumstances will any Nike product or any product with the Nike logo be purchased for use or delivery at any City of Kenner Recreation Facility.”

Donna Brazile, the former interim DNC chair and CNN analyst who allegedly leaked questions to Hillary Clinton, tweeted out the memo and said she was “disappointed” in her home town:

Yahoo Lifestyle notes that the mayor has gotten some criticism from some local officials, including the booster club president for one of the playgrounds and a city councilman, who said he’s “100% AGAINST the decision” and vowed to “meet with the Mayor and other Council members in an effort to rescind this directive.”

The response to Nike’s endorsement of Kaepernick has been as divided as the response to his unpopular protest movement. While Nike reports a 31% increase in sales over last year, polling data suggests the Kaepernick endorsement isn’t going over well at all. A Morning Consult poll last week found that Nike suffered a 34-point drop in favorability overall, with nearly every demographic souring on the brand. Here are the key takeaways from the poll:

Nike’s Favorability Drops by Double Digits: Before the announcement, Nike had a net +69 favorable impression among consumers, it has now declined 34 points to +35 favorable.

No Boost Among Key Demos: Among younger generations, Nike users, African Americans, and other key demographics, Nike’s favorability declined rather than improved.

Purchasing Consideration Also Down: Before the announcement, 49 percent of Americans said they were absolutely certain or very likely to buy Nike products. That figure is down to 39 percent now.

The Effect on the NFL Seems Small, For Now: Forty percent of consumers said Nike’s campaign does not make them more or less likely to watch/attend NFL games — 21 percent said more likely and 26 percent said less likely (14 percent didn’t know).

No one has a problem with Kaepernick standing up for something he’s passionate about, that he believes is an issue that needs to be addressed. That’s the beautiful thing about living in a free country. We can voice our grievances and draw attention to serious topics that are being ignored.

The problem is the way he has chosen to express himself. And on top of that, the way Nike has turned him into some sort of martyr, as if he’s sacrificed a whole lot for his cause.

The man played a professional sport where he made millions of dollars, and lost that privilege after making himself such a controversial political figure. That’s totally on him. Contrast that with military members who have shed blood, lost limbs, or given their lives. It makes the whole thing look really absurd.

Kaepernick is not a hero or a martyr. He’s just a disrespectful, second rate quarterback who is itching to make his living off the back of a political cause rather than making himself actually useful.

Source: Daily Wire

News

Florida’s Top Doc Removed from Meeting Over Mask Refusal

He was following the science, though…

Published

on

When it comes to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have often heard the mantra “follow the science”, repeated ad nauseam by any number of doctors, epidemiologists, and experts.  This is because COVID-19, like other viruses, behaves in a predictable and distinct way, an die can use math to understand the true nature of our risks, and to a fairly accurate degree.

But there are some who wish to ignore the science, and instead create arbitrary rules and regulations that don’t conform to the advice of the experts.

This sentiment turned downright silly in Florida this week, after one of the state’s leading medical experts was removed from a meeting for not wearing a mask.

Florida’s top health official was asked to leave a meeting after refusing to wear a mask at the office of a state senator who told him she had a serious medical condition, officials have confirmed.

take our poll - story continues below

Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?

  • Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Florida Senate leader Wilton Simpson, a Republican, sent a memo to senators Saturday regarding the incident at the office of Democratic state Sen. Tina Polsky, asking visitors at the building to be respectful with social interactions. Polsky, who represents parts of Broward and Palm Beach counties, had not yet made public her breast cancer diagnosis.

Polsky told The Associated Press about the tense exchange with state Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo that was first reported by the news site Florida Politics. She said Ladapo and two aides were offered masks and asked to wear them when they arrived for the Wednesday meeting. She did not tell him she had breast cancer, but said she had a serious condition.

Ladado suggested that the meeting could take place outside if it would make Polsky more comfortable, but she refused.

This begs the obvious question: If Ladapo is following the science, as he most certainly is, who is anyone to tell him he’s wrong?  This is the premiere expert on Florida’s coronavirus situation, after all.

 

When it comes to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have often heard the mantra “follow the science”, repeated ad nauseam by any number of doctors, epidemiologists, and experts.  This is because COVID-19, like other viruses, behaves in a predictable and distinct way, an die can use math to understand the true nature of our risks, and to a fairly accurate degree. But there are some who wish to ignore the science, and instead create arbitrary rules and regulations that don’t conform to the advice of the experts. This sentiment turned downright silly in Florida this week, after one of the state’s leading medical experts was removed from a meeting for not wearing a mask. Florida’s top health official was asked to leave a meeting after refusing to wear a mask at the office of a state senator who told him she had a serious medical condition, officials have confirmed. Florida Senate leader Wilton Simpson, a Republican, sent a memo to senators Saturday regarding the incident at the office of Democratic state Sen. Tina Polsky, asking visitors at the building to be respectful with social interactions. Polsky, who represents parts of Broward and Palm Beach counties, had not yet made public her breast cancer diagnosis. Polsky told The Associated Press about the tense exchange with state Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo that was first reported by the news site Florida Politics. She said Ladapo and two aides were offered masks and asked to wear them when they arrived for the Wednesday meeting. She did not tell him she had breast cancer, but said she had a serious condition. Ladado suggested that the meeting could take place outside if it would make Polsky more comfortable, but she refused. This begs the obvious question: If Ladapo is following the science, as he most certainly is,…

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Crew of Alec Baldwin Film Walked Off Set Over Safety Fears Hours Before Fatality

WHOA!

Published

on

While the fatal shooting of a Hollywood cinematographer has been deemed an accident by those involved, there appears to have been a pattern of negligence on-set, leading up to the incident.

Alec Baldwin last week discharged a “prop” firearm in the direction of crew members on the set of his film “Rust”, and, somehow, a live round had been loaded into the weapon.  The shot killed one member of the production staff and wounded another.

As it turns out, crew members were already concerned about the way in which the weapons were being handled.

The 24-year-old head armorer in charge of guns on the Alec Baldwin film where cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was tragically shot and killed on Thursday had admitted she wasn’t sure she was ready for the job in an interview before filming started.

‘I almost didn’t take the job because I wasn’t sure if I was ready, but doing it, it went really smoothly,’ Hannah Gutierrez-Reed said in a podcast interview last month after leading the firearms department for The Old Way, starring Nicolas Cage – her first time as head armorer.

And that’s not all:

It comes as crew on the film revealed they walked off set hours before the fatal accident over safety fears after firearms were accidentally discharged three times – including once by Baldwin’s stunt double who had been told the gun was not loaded, and twice in a closed cabin.

A search warrant released Friday said that Gutierrez-Reed laid out three prop guns on a cart outside the filming location, and first assistant director Dave Halls grabbed the gun from the cart and brought it inside to Baldwin, unaware that it was loaded with live rounds.

‘Cold gun!’ shouted Halls before handing the gun to Baldwin, using the phrase to signal to cast and crew that the gun was safe to fire for the scene, the warrant said.

take our poll - story continues below

Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?

  • Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

The investigation into the incident is ongoing, and there is the potential for someone to be charged in the case still.

While the fatal shooting of a Hollywood cinematographer has been deemed an accident by those involved, there appears to have been a pattern of negligence on-set, leading up to the incident. Alec Baldwin last week discharged a “prop” firearm in the direction of crew members on the set of his film “Rust”, and, somehow, a live round had been loaded into the weapon.  The shot killed one member of the production staff and wounded another. As it turns out, crew members were already concerned about the way in which the weapons were being handled. The 24-year-old head armorer in charge of guns on the Alec Baldwin film where cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was tragically shot and killed on Thursday had admitted she wasn’t sure she was ready for the job in an interview before filming started. ‘I almost didn’t take the job because I wasn’t sure if I was ready, but doing it, it went really smoothly,’ Hannah Gutierrez-Reed said in a podcast interview last month after leading the firearms department for The Old Way, starring Nicolas Cage – her first time as head armorer. And that’s not all: It comes as crew on the film revealed they walked off set hours before the fatal accident over safety fears after firearms were accidentally discharged three times – including once by Baldwin’s stunt double who had been told the gun was not loaded, and twice in a closed cabin. A search warrant released Friday said that Gutierrez-Reed laid out three prop guns on a cart outside the filming location, and first assistant director Dave Halls grabbed the gun from the cart and brought it inside to Baldwin, unaware that it was loaded with live rounds. ‘Cold gun!’ shouted Halls before handing the gun to Baldwin, using the phrase to signal to cast and…

Continue Reading
The Schaftlein Report

Latest Articles

Best of the Week