Connect with us

Wire

Man Borrows Razor from Roommate, Days Later His Face Is Being Digested by Flesh-Eating Bacteria

Western Journal

Published

on

Who knew that one shaving mistake could lead to such a painful and unfortunate set of circumstances?

For this 24-year-old Los Angeles native, however, his dermatological nightmare could not be more real after mistakenly using his roommate’s razor in a bid for a quick shave.

Days after the seemingly normal action, “I got these deep pustules and sores on my chin and along my jawline,” Nick Holterman told U.K.-based news outlet Jam Press, according to the New York Post.

Trending: Olympian and Coach Withdrew from Games to Avoid Facing Israeli – Now They've Been Suspended

It felt like a “really bad upper respiratory infection,” he said, noting his sore throat and fatigue.

take our poll - story continues below

Do you think Cubans are fighting for healthcare or freedom from Communism?

  • Do you think Cubans are fighting for healthcare or freedom from Communism?

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

As  “spider bites” surfaced on his face and “ballooned in size,” Holterman ventured to his general physician, who gave him a course of antibiotics.

According to BuzzFeed, over the course of the outbreak, Holterman was given three separate antibiotics. The first — Cephalexin — failed to alleviate the symptoms, instead, aggravating the outbreak more.

“To add insult to injury, my sores ballooned in size and combined to form like a mass of crusty nastiness on my chin,” he said.

“I went to another urgent care and they tested me for COVID-19, strep, mono, etc. They all came back negative, but the doctor correctly guessed that the cause was still bacterial and not viral, and decided to put me on a stronger antibiotic.”

The new antibiotic Holterman received served well for a few days, then his condition took a turn again for the worst.

WARNING: The following video contains vulgar content that some viewers will find offensive.

@holterman##stitch with @melroseplaza this is my official autobiography♬ original sound – HOLTY

“I was sprouting new, deeper sores along my jawline,” he told BuzzFeed. “Keep in mind, this entire time they were itchy, like burning-hot red itchiness like I’ve never felt before. That’s not normal for mere ingrown hairs.”

With this new antibiotic, Holterman’s condition eventually got mildly better, clearing the aches, pains and sore throat. But the sores on his face would not falter.

Finally, Holterman skipped the general physician, traveling straight to a family friend who happened to be an ER doctor.

There, the injured shaver would be given a course of Bactrim, which Holterman described, along with Clindamycin and Vancomycin, as “like the king of antibiotics.”

“I felt like I was going to throw up constantly for a week because my body’s natural bacteria and gut flora was being ravaged by three different antibiotics,” he said, according to the New York Post.

“I had to eat a lot of yogurt to regain those probiotics.”

WARNING: The following videos contain graphic content.

@holtermanReply to @xbriyy STAY TUNED♬ original sound – HOLTY

@holterman##stitch with @anaxorcist ##greenscreen ##mrsa ##bacteria♬ original sound – HOLTY

Holterman discovered that he had contracted a bacterial infection, which the doctors identified as impetigo — a condition by which skin infections often manifest, according to BuzzFeed.

While the specific bacterial infection may be unknown to doctors and Holterman, the origin of the condition is most certainly known.

“Just want to remind everyone not to share razors or use random people’s razors. You can get an antibiotic-resistant flesh-eating bacteria that is really painful and oozes pus all the time,” he said in a TikTok video documenting his condition.

In the end, Holterman noted, prudently, “Antibiotics will make you constipated for two weeks, and if they don’t work, you will die.”

It is not a wise-guy move to borrow any sort of sanitary device from another person. While it may be easy and accessible, it is not worth the risk. In the future, hopefully, Holterman will think twice before using a razor, toothbrush or deodorant stick that does not belong to him.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

Wire

Sheriff's Helicopter Swoops In on People Trapped by Floodwaters, Camera Catches Daring Rescue in First-Person View

Western Journal

Published

on

As floodwaters deluged parts of Arizona, a daring helicopter rescue Friday plucked two people from a mobile home that was caught in fast-moving water. Monsoons struck Arizona last week, triggering severe flooding. Drivers who tried to make their way across flooded roads, despite advice to avoid driving, often became stranded. Floodwaters rushed through streets in Flagstaff, Arizona after storms brought heavy rainfall. Weather warnings have been issued to locals residents to warn of more flooding and heavy downpour. pic.twitter.com/X8lHGS8yEK — Newsweek (@Newsweek) July 19, 2021 On Friday, Daisy Mountain Fire and Rescue received a report of a mobile home that was caught in the flooding in New River. The water was too high for any ground units to reach those trapped inside. Authorities reported that water was pouring through the windows of the mobile home, and officials were afraid it would tip over, according to KNXV-TV. That left one option — an air rescue. A Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office helicopter flew to the partially submerged vehicle. In a video released by the sheriff’s office, which dramatically shows the extent of the waters rampaging through New River’s streets, the helicopter closes in on a vehicle with two people sitting on it, only a few feet from the rapidly rising water. We are here to provide #safety to our community but please be mindful of the dangers posed by moving water and entering flooded areas. Here’s a video of our MCSO aviation unit rescuing a driver after his vehicle got stuck in a wash. pic.twitter.com/tO3TL12tPw — Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office (@mcsoaz) July 24, 2021 “We are here to provide #safety to our community but please be mindful of the dangers posed by moving water and entering flooded areas. Here’s a video of our MCSO aviation unit rescuing a driver after his vehicle…

Continue Reading

Wire

Off-Duty Firefighter Jumped by Mob Who Tell Him It's 'Fight Night' Before Brutal Beating

Western Journal

Published

on

Asking for a little old-fashioned respect can be the prelude to a beatdown in Mayor Bill de Blasio’s New York City. The New York Post has released video of a Friday night incident in which a rabid mob of teenagers surrounded and then attacked an off-duty firefighter as he walked his dog near his home in the borough of Queens. Republican mayoral candidate Curtis Sliwa, who founded the civic protection group the Guardian Angels in 1979, posted the video to Twitter. Warning: The following video contains graphic images and language that some readers will find disturbing. Last night in Middle Village a mob of kids attacked a man who asked them to stop blasting fireworks. #NYPD from the 104th precinct were there but did nothing. The community reached out to #NYC Mayoral candidate #CurtisSliwa & the #GuardianAngels to find these vicious teens pic.twitter.com/uVJkBUJ0L1 — Curtis Sliwa for NYC Mayor (@CurtisSliwa) July 24, 2021 The 44-year-old victim, whose name was not released by the Post, said he is among those who have objected to the deterioration of his community,  and taken the dangerous stand of telling teenagers to behave as if rules really mattered. Retribution for preaching civility arrived Friday night. “There were at least 100 kids … I was walking my dog. They just picked me out and approached me,” the firefighter told the Post in a Saturday interview. “One kid took his shirt off and said, ‘it’s fight night!’ He said he was 19 and said, ‘I could fight you.’ Everyone took their cell phones out. There were cell phones everywhere,” the victim said. “They all came at me…A kid came up behind me and hit me in the back of the head with a bottle and I let go of the dog,” he said. With the dog barking…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week