Connect with us

News

Man with Handgun Takes Out 700lb Bear in Pennsylvania

And this wasn’t even the biggest bear taken that day!

Published

on

hunting

While not nearly as ferocious as their western cousins, the Black Bears of Pennsylvania have their own brand of trouble to get into.

These nuisance animals litter the east coast, with sightings all the way form Maine to Florida.  One of their most populous areas lies deep in the wilds of Pennsylvania, where bears have grown extremely bold, interacting with humans on a regular basis.

In order to mitigate the risks posed by these large and dangerous animals, hunters in Pennsylvania are allowed to hunt Black Bear by the thousands.  And while most bear are taken by either arrow or rifle, a rare few wind up with a more unique end to their story.

A Pennsylvania man reportedly killed a 679-pound black bear that was five yards away with a .357 handgun during last weekend’s opening of the state’s four-day bear harvest.

Jordan M. Tutmaher, the man, said the bear emerged near a Christmas tree patch, according to the report. YourErie.com reported. 

Trending: Civilian Alerts Airmen After Noticing Something Odd Coming from Back of F-15 Jet, Now They're Thanking Him

A total of 1,241 black bears were killed in the opening day, the report said. The state’s best opening day was in 2011 when 1,936 bears were harvested.

take our poll - story continues below

Do you think Cubans are fighting for healthcare or freedom from Communism?

  • Do you think Cubans are fighting for healthcare or freedom from Communism?

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Tutmaher’s handgun take was one of the larger bears taken during the opening weekend, with a rifle-slain animal weighing in at 704 pounds holding the top spot.

News

US Pop Star Offers to Pay Fines For Olympic Team Protesting Skimpy Outfits

The IOC wants the women to remain scantily clad, and this is undoubtedly on account of their incessant greed.

Published

on

The Olympics may have built themselves as some sort of prestigious and untouchable global event in years past, but the last few decades have revealed just what a shady cash-grab the games have become. It all began in the 90’s when the financially-struggling Winter Olympics added snowboarding to the games, in a move that was blatantly meant to generate ad revenue from the emerging sport and its fans.  In this quest to cash in, the International Olympic Committee refused to allow any actual snowboarding organizations participate in the operations, which drove several of the world’s best to boycott.  This, in turn, completely ruined the concept that the gold medalists were truly the best in the world, and exposed the IOC as nothing more than a marketing firm. Now, in 2021, a number of female athletes are complaining that they are being forced to wear skimpier clothes than their male counterparts, (often in the same discipline), to which the IOC responded with a “be quiet and play” sort of attitude. Again, the skimpier outfits equate to more ratings, so Olympic organizers are refusing to make accommodations. This has led US pop star Pink to step up.  US pop star Pink has offered to pay the fines handed out to the Norwegian women’s beach handball team, after they wore shorts like their male counterparts instead of bikini bottoms. The team was fined 1,500 euros (£1,295) for “improper clothing” at the European Beach Handball Championships last week. “I’m very proud of the Norwegian female beach handball team for protesting sexist rules about their uniform,” tweeted the singer on Sunday. “Good on ya, ladies,” she added. “I’ll be happy to pay your fines for you. Keep it up.” In doing so, the Olympics will get their coveted cash and these female athletes will be able to perform…

Continue Reading

News

GOP Rep. Says There’s ‘Credible’ Evidence of Wuhan Lab-Leak Theory

China has been avoiding any such investigation for months now.

Published

on

From the very moment that the COVID-19 pandemic began, there were concerns that China wasn’t telling us the truth. This was primarily based on Beijing’s horrendous record of dishonesty when it comes to the international community, which has been ever-so frequent in cases in which the Chinese government could be made to appear cruel or uncaring. To be fair, it doesn’t take long for most to realize that this is, in fact, reality, especially as we continue to receive credible reports of the nation’s use of concentration camps and ethnic cleansing. In the case of the coronavirus, not only did the world discover that the data coming out of Beijing was wholly incorrect, but that a laboratory specializing in the exact type of coronaviruses that caused COVID-19 happened to be just a few miles away from the epicenter of the pandemic. Now, despite numerous attempts to stall or stymy efforts to investigate the theory that pandemic began as a lab-leak, one US lawmaker is claiming that there is credible evidence of just such a possibility.  Sunday, on FNC’s “The Next Revolution,” Rep. Mariannette Miller-Meeks (R-IA) stressed the importance of investigating the origins of COVID-19, and in particular, China’s role. His statement was stern. “As you know, we still have yet to have any notice that there will be an investigation. And so I think, rightfully, we used the powers of oversight that we have in Congress and we convened a hearing. Unfortunately, none of the Democrats attended that hearing. But the expert testimony from the witnesses was quite profound and quite significant. “And I think as they said, and I would tend to agree that this virus came from the laboratory, whether it was a leak, whether it was accidental, whether it was intentional, whether it was manmade or whether it…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week