Connect with us

News

Marco Rubio Gets Confronted By MSNBC Host Over Saying Some Journalists ‘Giddy’ Over COVID-19

Published

on

Sen. Marco Rubio has found himself in the hot seat with MSNBC host Stephanie Ruhle after making the comment that some journalists are thrilled over the spread of the coronavirus, a statement he defended.

Ruhle asked Rubio to explain the tweet which he made earlier in the week, noting a portion where he said: “Some in our media can’t contain their glee & delight in reporting that the U.S. has more #CoronaVirus cases than #China…Beyond being grotesque, it’s bad journalism.”

Here’s more from Washington Examiner:

“I need to ask you this, because I’m a journalist,” Ruhle said. “We’re not just some personalities. You called out journalism. And I need to understand why on earth you did this.”

Rubio said some journalists are “doing exactly what I said.”

“Well, because there are some journalists that were doing exactly what I said,” the Florida Republican responded. “I read reports about how some Republicans are doing this, or some members of Congress are doing that. I don’t know what other word to describe who’s doing something and who isn’t.”

Rubio gave a few examples of certain situations where he believes that journalists expressed happiness in reporting on coronavirus figures and noted that he said “some” not all journalists were behaving this way.

Rubio found support among many on the right, including Caleb Hull who tweeted:

The bottom line is, there are probably some journalists who are excited by the prospects that this virus is providing for the progressive movement. After all, Democrats are using this situation to try and pass a bunch of pet projects they want made law through inside these coronavirus relief packages, so is it so far fetched to think liberal journalists might think the same way?

Regardless, here’s to hoping this all goes away sooner rather than later.

Save conservative media!

News

Lindsey Graham Weighs In On Mattis Criticism of Trump, Says He’s ‘Buying Into A Narrative’

Published

on

South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham weighed in on some rather brutal comments made by former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis about President Donald Trump, stating that he was “buying into a narrative” after slamming the president for his handling of the riots and protests in light of the death of George Floyd. Graham made an appearance on Fox & Friends where he said that Mattis isn’t understanding, despite the several years he spent serving in his administration, that Trump is the victim of a political blame game. “The one thing I would tell Gen. Mattis is that you don’t quite understand that from the time President Trump wakes up until he goes to bed, there’s an effort to destroy his presidency. … Nobody wants to send active-duty troops into American cities unless they are invited and unless they are absolutely necessary,” Graham said during the interview. Here’s more from The Washington Examiner: “But I would say that Gov. Cuomo should have called out the National Guard early on, and I would ask Gen. Mattis to look at the behavior of the politicians in these cities and see if you can find fault with them,” he said, referring to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo. “It is so fashionable to blame President Trump for every wrong in America, and he can be a handful, and can he do better? Yes. But the problems we have in America today weren’t caused by Donald Trump, and hopefully, he can help the nation heal some of these problems.” Mattis claimed that Trump was ordering the National Guard to “violate the constitutional rights of their fellow citizens” so that the president could have a “bizarre photo op” in front of St. John’s Episcopal Church near the White House on Monday. Trump responded to Mattis’s condemnation by tweeting,…

Continue Reading

News

A Thirty-Foot Ladder Has Appeared On Border Wall In California

Published

on

New reports are indicated that individuals involved in the practice of human smuggling have created a makeshift ladder out of PVC pipes to scale the 30-foot border fence located in Calexico, California. The ladder itself appears to have been built by one or more individuals and then placed on the fence. There are 10 plastic plumbing pipes spaced out every three feet that makes it possible for a person to climb over from one side to the other. The construction on this portion of the border fence is part of President Trump’s border security agenda. The construction on it started last fall. Here’s more from The Washington Examiner: An old photo of the shorter wall that was replaced with this taller one shows it is directly on the international border and separates a neighborhood in Calexico from a neighborhood in Mexicali in Baja California, Mexico. Local media cited “coyotes,” or Mexicans who help people illegally enter the United States, as the likely builders of the ladder. Mexicali’s director of firefighters, Ruben Osuna, said the department has received 10 calls to rescue people trapped on top of the wall. Police officers in the Mexican town have detained more than 65 people who have attempted to cross the fence or damage it. Customs and Border Protection has not, at the time of this writing, responded to the reports nor for comment requests. Back in January, the Border Patrol, along with the San Diego Fire Department rescued three individuals who were stuck at the top of the fence in southwestern California. Before that, in December of 2019, photographs were captured by a journalist of someone attempting to use a rope ladder to scale the fence. https://twitter.com/fotornelas/status/1202065077328924672

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week

 
Send this to a friend