Connect with us

News

Mastermind Behind Benghazi Attack Just Got Some Bad News

Published

on

Ahmed Abu Khattala, a 47-year-old Libyan national, has been sentenced to 22 years in prison on federal terrorism charges for the terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi back in 2012.

U.S. District Judge Christopher R. “Casey” Cooper presided over the sentencing according to a statement released by the Justice Department.

In all honesty, this still seems like Khattala is getting off far too easy.

“Even if you did not pour the gasoline or light the match, the evidence showed you were aware of the attack, and once the gates were breached, the likelihood someone would die was extreme high. This was not guilt by association,” Cooper told Khattala, according to The Washington Post.

take our poll - story continues below

Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?

  • Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

The judge added, “This case stands as an exemplar for the principle that a defendant accused of international terrorism can get a fair trial in the U.S. criminal justice system.”

Four Americans were killed in the Sept. 11, 2012, Benghazi attack: Ambassador Christopher Stevens, State Department official Sean Smith and security officers Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty, both onetime Navy SEALs.

Prosecutors accused the defendant, who was captured in Libya on June 15, 2014, of heading an extremist militia and directing the attacks. But prosecutors also acknowledged they lacked evidence of his having fired any weapons. The government’s case against him relied heavily on the testimony of informants.

Khattala was found guilty in November, as Fox News previously reported, on just four of 18 charges, precluding him from facing the death penalty. He was convicted of two counts of conspiracy to provide material support to terrorists, one count of maliciously destroying U.S. property and placing lives in danger, and one count of using and carrying a semiautomatic weapon during the attack.

If we are going to claim to be a just society, there’s no way a man like Khattala should be allowed to finish living out his natural life. The death penalty is the only just punishment for the deaths this man was responsible for. Unfortunately, our society this day and age goes soft on evil, somehow believing allowing wicked murderers to live is virtuous.

It’s not. In fact, it’s the opposite of virtue. It’s the devaluing of human life. If life is sacred and truly made in the image of God, there’s no greater insult to Him than to assault life so egregiously. It’s great he’s getting punished, but more should’ve been done.

Source: Fox News

News

Florida’s Top Doc Removed from Meeting Over Mask Refusal

He was following the science, though…

Published

on

When it comes to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have often heard the mantra “follow the science”, repeated ad nauseam by any number of doctors, epidemiologists, and experts.  This is because COVID-19, like other viruses, behaves in a predictable and distinct way, an die can use math to understand the true nature of our risks, and to a fairly accurate degree.

But there are some who wish to ignore the science, and instead create arbitrary rules and regulations that don’t conform to the advice of the experts.

This sentiment turned downright silly in Florida this week, after one of the state’s leading medical experts was removed from a meeting for not wearing a mask.

Florida’s top health official was asked to leave a meeting after refusing to wear a mask at the office of a state senator who told him she had a serious medical condition, officials have confirmed.

take our poll - story continues below

Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?

  • Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Florida Senate leader Wilton Simpson, a Republican, sent a memo to senators Saturday regarding the incident at the office of Democratic state Sen. Tina Polsky, asking visitors at the building to be respectful with social interactions. Polsky, who represents parts of Broward and Palm Beach counties, had not yet made public her breast cancer diagnosis.

Polsky told The Associated Press about the tense exchange with state Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo that was first reported by the news site Florida Politics. She said Ladapo and two aides were offered masks and asked to wear them when they arrived for the Wednesday meeting. She did not tell him she had breast cancer, but said she had a serious condition.

Ladado suggested that the meeting could take place outside if it would make Polsky more comfortable, but she refused.

This begs the obvious question: If Ladapo is following the science, as he most certainly is, who is anyone to tell him he’s wrong?  This is the premiere expert on Florida’s coronavirus situation, after all.

 

When it comes to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have often heard the mantra “follow the science”, repeated ad nauseam by any number of doctors, epidemiologists, and experts.  This is because COVID-19, like other viruses, behaves in a predictable and distinct way, an die can use math to understand the true nature of our risks, and to a fairly accurate degree. But there are some who wish to ignore the science, and instead create arbitrary rules and regulations that don’t conform to the advice of the experts. This sentiment turned downright silly in Florida this week, after one of the state’s leading medical experts was removed from a meeting for not wearing a mask. Florida’s top health official was asked to leave a meeting after refusing to wear a mask at the office of a state senator who told him she had a serious medical condition, officials have confirmed. Florida Senate leader Wilton Simpson, a Republican, sent a memo to senators Saturday regarding the incident at the office of Democratic state Sen. Tina Polsky, asking visitors at the building to be respectful with social interactions. Polsky, who represents parts of Broward and Palm Beach counties, had not yet made public her breast cancer diagnosis. Polsky told The Associated Press about the tense exchange with state Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo that was first reported by the news site Florida Politics. She said Ladapo and two aides were offered masks and asked to wear them when they arrived for the Wednesday meeting. She did not tell him she had breast cancer, but said she had a serious condition. Ladado suggested that the meeting could take place outside if it would make Polsky more comfortable, but she refused. This begs the obvious question: If Ladapo is following the science, as he most certainly is,…

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Crew of Alec Baldwin Film Walked Off Set Over Safety Fears Hours Before Fatality

WHOA!

Published

on

While the fatal shooting of a Hollywood cinematographer has been deemed an accident by those involved, there appears to have been a pattern of negligence on-set, leading up to the incident.

Alec Baldwin last week discharged a “prop” firearm in the direction of crew members on the set of his film “Rust”, and, somehow, a live round had been loaded into the weapon.  The shot killed one member of the production staff and wounded another.

As it turns out, crew members were already concerned about the way in which the weapons were being handled.

The 24-year-old head armorer in charge of guns on the Alec Baldwin film where cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was tragically shot and killed on Thursday had admitted she wasn’t sure she was ready for the job in an interview before filming started.

‘I almost didn’t take the job because I wasn’t sure if I was ready, but doing it, it went really smoothly,’ Hannah Gutierrez-Reed said in a podcast interview last month after leading the firearms department for The Old Way, starring Nicolas Cage – her first time as head armorer.

And that’s not all:

It comes as crew on the film revealed they walked off set hours before the fatal accident over safety fears after firearms were accidentally discharged three times – including once by Baldwin’s stunt double who had been told the gun was not loaded, and twice in a closed cabin.

A search warrant released Friday said that Gutierrez-Reed laid out three prop guns on a cart outside the filming location, and first assistant director Dave Halls grabbed the gun from the cart and brought it inside to Baldwin, unaware that it was loaded with live rounds.

‘Cold gun!’ shouted Halls before handing the gun to Baldwin, using the phrase to signal to cast and crew that the gun was safe to fire for the scene, the warrant said.

take our poll - story continues below

Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?

  • Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

The investigation into the incident is ongoing, and there is the potential for someone to be charged in the case still.

While the fatal shooting of a Hollywood cinematographer has been deemed an accident by those involved, there appears to have been a pattern of negligence on-set, leading up to the incident. Alec Baldwin last week discharged a “prop” firearm in the direction of crew members on the set of his film “Rust”, and, somehow, a live round had been loaded into the weapon.  The shot killed one member of the production staff and wounded another. As it turns out, crew members were already concerned about the way in which the weapons were being handled. The 24-year-old head armorer in charge of guns on the Alec Baldwin film where cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was tragically shot and killed on Thursday had admitted she wasn’t sure she was ready for the job in an interview before filming started. ‘I almost didn’t take the job because I wasn’t sure if I was ready, but doing it, it went really smoothly,’ Hannah Gutierrez-Reed said in a podcast interview last month after leading the firearms department for The Old Way, starring Nicolas Cage – her first time as head armorer. And that’s not all: It comes as crew on the film revealed they walked off set hours before the fatal accident over safety fears after firearms were accidentally discharged three times – including once by Baldwin’s stunt double who had been told the gun was not loaded, and twice in a closed cabin. A search warrant released Friday said that Gutierrez-Reed laid out three prop guns on a cart outside the filming location, and first assistant director Dave Halls grabbed the gun from the cart and brought it inside to Baldwin, unaware that it was loaded with live rounds. ‘Cold gun!’ shouted Halls before handing the gun to Baldwin, using the phrase to signal to cast and…

Continue Reading
The Schaftlein Report

Latest Articles

Best of the Week