Connect with us


McCloskeys Get the Last Laugh, Show Off Brand New AR-15 After Having Guns Seized

Western Journal



The political persecution of a couple who dared to exercise their Second Amendment rights after a mob of Black Lives Matter demonstrators 300 strong entered their private community illegally last summer has finally come to a conclusion.

It all ended with a whimper Thursday at the Carnahan Courthouse in St. Louis when Mark and Patricia McCloskey, 64 and 62, respectively, pleaded guilty to misdemeanors.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that Mark McCloskey pleaded guilty to fourth-degree assault, a Class C misdemeanor, and agreed to pay a $750 fine. His wife pleaded guilty to second-degree harassment, a Class A misdemeanor, and paid a $2,000 fine.

Trending: Woman Charged with Attempted Murder After Shooting Alleged Home Invader

They were also required to surrender their firearms.

take our poll - story continues below

Do you think Cubans are fighting for healthcare or freedom from Communism? (1)

  • Do you think Cubans are fighting for healthcare or freedom from Communism?

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

The McCloskeys, both attorneys, were not without protection for long.

In photographs McCloskey posted to Twitter on Saturday, he is grinning from ear to ear as he shows off his new AR-15. The caption says, “Checking out my new AR! #2A #MOSen”

I’m glad this sorry saga had a relatively happy ending for the McCloskeys, but frankly, I don’t think they did anything wrong.

Neither did the state’s Republican governor. According to the Post-Dispatch, following the incident, Gov. Mike Parson said he would pardon the couple if they were convicted.

Imagine the terror they must have felt as a BLM mob, some of whom reportedly were armed, stormed into their neighborhood and stopped in front of the McCloskeys’ mansion.

One’s first reaction would surely be to call the police. But what if the police never came?

USA Today recounted Mark McCloskey describing his experience to reporters.

“It was like the storming of the Bastille, the gate came down and a large crowd of angry, aggressive people poured through,” he said. “I was terrified that we’d be murdered within seconds. Our house would be burned down, our pets would be killed.”

He added, “One fellow standing right in front of me pulled out two pistol magazines, clicked them together and said, ‘You’re next.’”

Police said that when the McCloskeys demanded the group leave their property, they “began yelling obscenities and threats of harm to both victims,” according to USA Today.

Last July, Patricia McCloskey told Fox News’ Sean Hannity: “[They said] that they were going to kill us. They were going to come in there. They were going to burn down the house. They were going to be living in our house after I was dead, and they were pointing to different rooms and said, ‘That’s going to be my bedroom and that’s going to be the living room and I’m going to be taking a shower in that room.’”

This was the situation they’d been confronted with on the evening of June 28. When the couple saw that several members of this group were armed, they called 911, grabbed their legally owned firearms and faced the mob that had trespassed on private property.

The police never showed up. In the absence of the police protection U.S. citizens have come to expect, the McCloskeys, armed with a rifle and a pistol, were forced to fend for themselves.

Within days, St. Louis police executed a search warrant at the McCloskey home. The police seized the rifle Mark McCloskey had held during the encounter and were told that the pistol used by his wife was in the possession of their attorney.

Although the use of firearms to protect one’s life and property is the reason our founders included the Second Amendment in the Bill of Rights, leftists questioned the couple’s actions.

St. Louis University lawyer John Ammann spoke to KDSK-TV in St. Louis shortly after the incident and succinctly summed up their position. Ammann said the McCloskeys’ actions could conceivably be considered assault because they caused protesters to fear for their safety. “People have a right to threaten force if they are threatened,” he said.

He went on to say that if the protesters were simply walking by the house and the homeowners were not in danger, it would be unlawful to threaten lethal force.

Let’s get this straight. Ammann was concerned that the St. Louis couple — who protected their house from an angry mob who stood before their home and allegedly threatened to burn it down and murder them — may have put members of that mob in fear for their safety. Is he kidding us?

The woman behind the search warrant was St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kimberly Gardner. According to Fox News, Gardner’s 2016 campaign was backed by far-left billionaire George Soros.

The day after the June 28 incident, Gardner’s office issued a statement saying she was “alarmed” that “peaceful protestors were met by guns and a violent assault.”

Incredibly, many on the left agree with Ammann and Gardner.

Sorry, but a mob of BLM activists trespassing through a private neighborhood forfeits its claim to the term “protestors.” The McCloskeys told reporters that once they noticed two members of the mob were armed, they armed themselves and called 911. As mentioned earlier, the police never came.

The BLM demonstrators were not the victims here. The McCloskeys were entirely justified in their actions. Gardner’s concern over the couple’s threat of force against the “peaceful protestors” is just another politically motivated lie.

Situations like this are precisely why Americans own guns and why we need to preserve our Second Amendment rights.

After all of their intimidation, Mark McCloskey walked out of the courtroom — and into a gun shop.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.


Family Escapes Through 2nd-Story Window During Armed Standoff After Suspect Barricades Door: Report

Western Journal



On July 25, in Auburn, Alabama, a man reportedly put his family, his neighborhood, first responders and himself in a very dangerous position. Calls came into the Auburn Police District around 7:00 p.m. reporting a domestic violence incident in the Camden Ridge Subdivision. When police arrived, the man reportedly began firing at them with a handgun. Police fired back, and the man retreated into the home, where he also had his family trapped in a room. Thanks to the police and fire department coming together and working smarter instead of harder, the situation was resolved without injury to the family members trapped upstairs. It was firefighter Andrew Kiser, Chief of Police Cedric Anderson and Shift Supervisor Lt. Cody Hill who were responsible for carrying out the daring rescue that helped bring the threat to an end. While the shooter refused to exit the house, the men carried a ladder to the house and set it up to reach one of the second-story windows, where they learned the man’s family had been trapped. While Anderson held the ladder steady, Hill climbed the ladder and Kiser assisted the family as they climbed out of the window. With the family out of the way, Lee County SWAT was able to enter the house and capture the suspect. He was taken to Baptist Medical Center South after he was found to have sustained what appeared to be a gunshot wound. “Auburn PD Alerts: Heavy Police Activity in the Camden Ridge Subdivision, in the area of Wedgewood Ct.,” a public safety alert for the area read, according to WRBL-TV. “The scene is secure at this time, NO ONGOING THREAT.” Auburn Assistant Police Chief Clarence Stewart praised the efforts of all involved, highlighting how each group present played an important role in…

Continue Reading


After Receiving Call About Blazing Attic Fire, Police Rescue Man Trapped Inside Smoke-Filled Bedroom

Western Journal



A family in Marlboro Township, New Jersey, woke up just before midnight on Sunday and sensed something was wrong. They called 911 at around 11:38 p.m., reporting a “possible fire at the residence,” according to The Journal NJ. Officers Ryan Anzalone, Donna Gonzalez, Michael Morgante and Colin Murray with the Marlboro Township Police Department were first on the scene and quickly assessed the situation. They found smoke pouring out of the attic, but were relieved to see the family appeared to have exited the home. After a short time, though, the family realized one of their members was not with them, and was likely still trapped inside on the second floor. Gonzalez and Anzalone charged in and found the man, as described, in a bedroom on the second floor. By the time they got there, the room was “completely filled with smoke,” but they managed to rescue the resident. The fire department had a difficult time accessing the home due to the long, narrow driveway and a large landscaping rock. “While enroute Chief 2-66 was advised of heavy smoke from the attic,” the Robertsville Volunteer Fire Co. #1 posted on Facebook. “At the time the mutual aid response plan was put in place and the box alarm was requested to bring in initial assistance.” “Upon the arrival of 2-66 Chief advised the house was located down a 180 foot narrow driveway. Once engine 2-75 arrived there was trouble accessing the house due to a large ornamental boulder and trees. Members of the engine and police moved the 400lb boulder so the engine could get to the house and attack the fire. “As the incident progressed, the second alarm mutual aid plan was requested for this deep seated, hard to access attic fire.” The two officers who…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week