Connect with us

News

Media Caught with False Claim of Hospital Turning away Gunshot Victims to Care for Ivermectin Overdoses

On Friday the media reported that an Oklahoma hospital had turned away gunshot victims because of people overdosing on ivermectin.

Published

on

All day Friday and Saturday, left-wing media sources were pumping up their fans by “reporting” that an Oklahoma hospital had been forced to turn away gunshot victims because it was jammed with people overdosing on ivermectin. But by Sunday, the story was debunked as fake news.

Liberals have been attacking ivermectin by calling it a “horse deworming” medicine that is toxic for humans. Their reason for attacking the drug is because some have begun using it to recover faster from the coronavirus or prevent it from incapacitating those with the virus.

Whatever the use for the drug, leftists have made it a political issue, so when an Oklahoma doctor came out to claim that gunshot victims are being turned away because crazed Trump supporters are overdosing on ivermectin, the story was ready made for leftists looking for a political attack.

The left’s new hero, Dr. Jason McElyea, told KFOR-TV that, “the [emergency rooms] are so backed up that gunshot victims were having hard times getting to facilities where they can get definitive care and be treated” because people with COVID-19 are allegedly overdosing on ivermectin.

take our poll - story continues below

Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?

  • Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

The story was too good to check for the leftist media.

The usual, fake news media went mad for the story. Democrats immediately began pushing the fake news and then the mainstream media outlets picked it up, including the New York Times (which linked to KFOR’s story), The Hill (which later deleted its story), Newsweek, The Guardian, Insider, MSNBC host Rachel Maddow, and dozens more.

But by Sunday, the whole story fell apart. It turns out that the claim is simply false and the doctor who made the claim doesn’t even work for the hospital system in question.

The hospital system release a statement debunking Dr. McElyea’s wild claims.

Although Dr. Jason McElyea is not an employee of NHS Sequoyah, he is affiliated with a medical staffing group that provides coverage for our emergency room. With that said, Dr. McElyea has not worked at our Sallisaw location in over 2 months.

NHS Sequoyah has not treated any patients due to complications related to taking ivermectin. This includes not treating any patients for ivermectin overdose.

All patients who have visited our emergency room have received medical attention as appropriate. Our hospital has not had to turn away any patients seeking emergency care. We want to reassure our community that our staff is working hard to provide quality healthcare to all patients. We appreciate the opportunity to clarify this issue and as always, we value our community’s support.

Hospital administrator Stephanie Six also said that the overdoses story is hogwash.

“We at NHS-Sequoyah have not seen or had any patients in our ER or hospital with ivermectin overdose,” Six said. “We have not had any patients with complaints or issues related to ivermectin.”

“I can’t speak for what he has witnessed at other facilities but this in not true for ours,” she explained. “We certainly have not turned any patients away due to an overload of ivermectin related cases. All patients who have come into our ER have been treated as appropriate.”

In other words, the whole story is garbage and the left pushed it for two days without once doublechecking to see if their doctor source was telling the truth.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Facebook at: facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.

News

Donald Trump Gets Bad News from SCOTUS Regarding January 6th

The Democrats just gained a whole lot of 2022 and 2024 ammunition.

Published

on

In their pursuit of political points, the January 6th committee has exuded a nonstop barrage of actions taken at the expense of former President Donald Trump, generally believed to be in the interest of stymying his plans for the 2024 presidential election.

Their attacks have fairly transparent of late, subpoenaing anyone and everyone who had contact with the former President in and around the date in question, and even some who had nothing to do with the attack on the Capitol at all.

This week, the group scored a rather major win in the Supreme Court, which will allow them access to a trove of documents from the Trump White House.

The U.S. Supreme Court has delivered a blow to former President Donald Trump, rejecting his request to block release of White House records being sought by the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

take our poll - story continues below

Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?

  • Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

The court’s order paves the way for the release of records from the National Archives. The records could shed light on the events that led to the riot by Trump supporters protesting the results of the 2020 presidential election, which was won by Democrat Joe Biden.

In its decision Wednesday, the Supreme Court noted that the question of whether a former president can claim executive privilege need not be answered in this case, because a lower court had already decided.

And they didn’t beat around the bush.

“Because the Court of Appeals concluded that President Trump’s claims would have failed even if he were the incumbent, his status as a former President necessarily made no difference to the court’s decision,” the court said in its order.

There is little doubt that this access will only cause the scope of the already-controversial investigation to widen, and allow the Democrats a plethora of new angles from which to launch their politically-focused onslaught.

In their pursuit of political points, the January 6th committee has exuded a nonstop barrage of actions taken at the expense of former President Donald Trump, generally believed to be in the interest of stymying his plans for the 2024 presidential election. Their attacks have fairly transparent of late, subpoenaing anyone and everyone who had contact with the former President in and around the date in question, and even some who had nothing to do with the attack on the Capitol at all. This week, the group scored a rather major win in the Supreme Court, which will allow them access to a trove of documents from the Trump White House. The U.S. Supreme Court has delivered a blow to former President Donald Trump, rejecting his request to block release of White House records being sought by the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. The court’s order paves the way for the release of records from the National Archives. The records could shed light on the events that led to the riot by Trump supporters protesting the results of the 2020 presidential election, which was won by Democrat Joe Biden. In its decision Wednesday, the Supreme Court noted that the question of whether a former president can claim executive privilege need not be answered in this case, because a lower court had already decided. And they didn’t beat around the bush. “Because the Court of Appeals concluded that President Trump’s claims would have failed even if he were the incumbent, his status as a former President necessarily made no difference to the court’s decision,” the court said in its order. There is little doubt that this access will only cause the scope of the already-controversial investigation to widen, and allow the Democrats a plethora…

Continue Reading

News

PUTIN POKES THE BEAR: Russian Troops Move Toward Ukraine as World Warns

There may be no peaceful end to this situation.

Published

on

While it has long been understood that Vladimir Putin is a figure representing chaos on the world’s stage, (whether covertly or proudly), the sort of trouble that he’s stirring up this week won’t likely have a peaceful end.

Putin appears hellbent on finding a way and a reason to take Ukraine back under Russian control.  The tiny nation, rich in natural gas and other resources, is far too minuscule to put up a fight, and so it will be up to the rest of the world to deter the Kremlin.

And despite a number of unmistakable warnings, Putin appears unfazed.

Russia is a sending an unspecified number of troops from the country’s far east to Belarus for major war games, officials said Tuesday, a deployment that will further beef up Russian military presence near Ukraine amid Western fears of a planned invasion.

take our poll - story continues below

Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?

  • Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Amid the soaring tensions, the White House warned that Russia could attack its neighbor at “any point,” while the U.K. delivered a batch of anti-tank weapons to Ukraine.

Russia’s Deputy Defense Minister Alexander Fomin said the joint drills with Belarus would involve practicing a joint response to external threats.

Ukrainian officials have warned that Russia could launch an attack on Ukraine from several directions, including from its ally Belarus.

As for any attempts to stop the Russian invasion?  They were squashed when a well-known Putin mouthpiece announced on television that any push to keep Putin from getting what he wants could end in the opposition being turned into “radioactive dust”.

 

While it has long been understood that Vladimir Putin is a figure representing chaos on the world’s stage, (whether covertly or proudly), the sort of trouble that he’s stirring up this week won’t likely have a peaceful end. Putin appears hellbent on finding a way and a reason to take Ukraine back under Russian control.  The tiny nation, rich in natural gas and other resources, is far too minuscule to put up a fight, and so it will be up to the rest of the world to deter the Kremlin. And despite a number of unmistakable warnings, Putin appears unfazed. Russia is a sending an unspecified number of troops from the country’s far east to Belarus for major war games, officials said Tuesday, a deployment that will further beef up Russian military presence near Ukraine amid Western fears of a planned invasion. Amid the soaring tensions, the White House warned that Russia could attack its neighbor at “any point,” while the U.K. delivered a batch of anti-tank weapons to Ukraine. Russia’s Deputy Defense Minister Alexander Fomin said the joint drills with Belarus would involve practicing a joint response to external threats. Ukrainian officials have warned that Russia could launch an attack on Ukraine from several directions, including from its ally Belarus. As for any attempts to stop the Russian invasion?  They were squashed when a well-known Putin mouthpiece announced on television that any push to keep Putin from getting what he wants could end in the opposition being turned into “radioactive dust”.  

Continue Reading
The Schaftlein Report

Latest Articles

Best of the Week