Connect with us

News

Members Of The Minneapolis City Council Flip On Dismantling Police Department

Published

on

A new report out of Minneapolis says that there are a few members on city council who regret their pledge to defund and dismantle the local police department, which was largely made as a knee jerk reaction to the violent riots and looting that was sparked after the death of George Floyd.

The city has experience a massive increase in violent crime ever since the decision was made to defund local law enforcement. Strangely, the increase in crime confused and baffled many on the city council who just couldn’t seem to wrap their minds around the idea that actions — like having smaller police presence on the street as a result of less funding — have consequences that negatively impact their community.

Here’s more from Fox News:

Trending: Protester Sucker Punches Trump Supporter, Then Winds Up Flat On His Back — WATCH

Council member Andrew Johnson, who supported the pledge in June, told the outlet that he meant the words “in spirit,” not by the letter. Meanwhile, Council member Phillippe Cunningham said the language in the pledge was “up for interpretation.”

take our poll - story continues below

Trump or Biden, who will win?

  • Why wait until November 3? Show all of America who you're voting for in 2020  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“I’m not taking any pledge, if that means people throw bottles at me then fine,” Palmisano wrote.

Councilwoman Lisa Goodman, who also was not part of the nine who voted for the pledge, told Fox News that she has “no regrets about that then or now.”

Meanwhile, younger council members like Alondra Cano and Jeremiah Ellison, who vowed on Twitter to “dismantle the Minneapolis Police Department” and “end the policing system,” are sticking to it.

Mayor Jacob Frey is also skeptical about the pledge, saying, “I think the initial announcement created a certain level of confusion from residents at a time when the city really needed that stability. I also think that the declaration itself meant a lot of different things to a lot of different people – and that included a healthy share of activists that were anticipating abolition.”

The pledge was a stupid idea. It was clearly meant to appease the angry protesters who were destroying the city, which was the wrong course of action to take for the wrong reasons. Instead of defunding police and putting their citizens at risk of becoming victims of crime, the city council should have enforced law and order, while encouraging peaceful protesting.

It’s really not that hard.

Save conservative media!

News

Suspected Terrorist Murders Three In Attack At French Church, Mayor Wants To Oust ‘Islamo-Fascism’

Published

on

Three individuals were murdered in cold blood in Nice, France on Thursday in what looks to be the third terrorist attack on French soil in the past month. A man armed with a knife walked into Notre Dame Basilica in Nice and killed two people, fatally wounding a third individual who was able to get outside before dying. French police are treating the incident as a terrorist attack. “Everything leads us to believe it was a terrorist attack within the Notre Dame basilica,” Mayor of Nice Christian Estrosi posted on social media. Here’s more on this from The Daily Wire: Several French media outlets reported that at least one of the victims of the attack was beheaded, mirroring an attack earlier this month in which a French schoolteacher was beheaded by a suspected Islamic radical. Police captured the attacker soon after the incident, shooting him in the shoulder and transporting him to a local hospital, according to The Guardian. Estrosi said that while the man was being taken into custody, he repeatedly yelled “Allahu Akbar.” “We have two people killed inside the church … and a third person who was in a bar facing the church where she had taken refuge,” Estrosi told the media. “Enough is enough … we have to remove this Islamo-fascism from our territory.” On Oct. 16, an 18-year-old man beheaded French history teacher Samuel Paty outside of the secondary school where he taught. Paty was killed after showing caricatures of the Prophet Muhammed to his class for a lesson on free expression. “Before it was a school professor, this time the Islamo-fascist barbarism chose to attack inside a church. Again, it is very symbolic,” the mayor said. Toward the end of the month of September, a suspected terrorist with a butcher’s knife seriously wounded two…

Continue Reading

News

Luxury Buildings Hire Armed Guards In Preparation For Election Day Madness

Published

on

The ultra-rich in the city of New York have been preparing for the possibility of civil unrest on Election Day next, hiring armed guards to watch over luxury buildings in Manhattan. Managers over at the Time Warner Center, located on Columbus Circle — where penthouse apartments are only a measly $62.5 million — are deploying off-duty police officers armed with “submachine guns” to keep an eye on things. Other homes and buildings for the wealthy are taking other measures to increase security. “Everybody is worried about security,” an insider said to reporters. “Every top building is adding security. It’s out of control. We hope it won’t be needed, but we will be ready.” The insider said the building is currently working with the NYPD and Homeland Security. “There will be officers with submachine guns,” the source stated. “We’ve always had immense security, but there will be more. We’ll have extra patrols. The entire building can be shut down with one button.” via Fox News: Many buildings are hiring off duty cops instead of private security companies because they fear a repeat of Denver, where a private guard shot and killed a protester, said one real estate insider. “The NYPD is advising buildings to get the extra security,” the source said. “They’ve never done this before.” Other top buildings, such as 220 Central Park South, which is home to hedge funder Ken Griffin’s $238 million condo, say they are already well guarded but will take extra precautions, like keeping entrances locked at night, and only open to residents. How sad is it that folks are terrified about their physical safety and for the property they own simply because of a national election, which is one of the many privileges of living in a republic? We, unlike many nations, get to choose…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week