Connect with us

News

Mike Pompeo Says There Has Been “Major” Progress in North Korean Denuclearization Deal

If the North Korea deal plays out like the majority of his policy so far, then Pompeo has every reason to be hopeful, and Trump will truly have achieved the unimaginable.

Published

on

Immediately following the much-anticipated Trump-Kim summit, critics were quick to pick apart the deal struck between the US and North Korea regarding nuclear disarmament.

While the media was clearly grasping at straws trying to find something to criticize about the clearly historical meeting between the two leaders, there were some valid concerns raised as to how, exactly, the US will be able to hold North Korea accountable to their end of the deal.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who went right to work in Pyongyang following the summit, is assuring reporters that he feels very hopeful about denuclearization and that the specifics of the deal are being adequately addressed.

Trending: Ann Coulter Makes Her Feelings Clear: DREAMers Can Stay, But Trump ‘Must Go’

The Washington Times reports:

take our poll - story continues below

Would election by popular vote be better than the electoral college?

  • Would election by popular vote be better than the electoral college?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Mr. Pompeo, who arrived in South Korea on Wednesday before heading to Japan and China for briefings on the summit, said he was confident that the North Korean delegation fully understood in private conversations leading up to the joint statement that Pyongyang has to verifiably and entirely destroy and abandon its program and must quickly show progress on the commitment.

Critics have seized on the absence of the words “verifiable” and “irrevocable” from the Trump-Kim statement to argue that the North Koreans got the better deal out of the summit.

During an at-times testy exchange with reporters traveling with him, Mr. Pompeo called it “insulting and ridiculous, and frankly ludicrous” that private analysts and the news media homed in on the wording in the joint statement. He also downplayed concerns about the lack of a public timeline for specific actions by Pyongyang.

“A lot has been made of the fact that the word ‘verifiable’ didn’t appear in the agreement,” Mr. Pompeo said. “Let me assure you that the [word] ‘complete’ encompasses ‘verifiable’ in the minds of everyone concerned. One can’t completely denuclearize without validating, authenticating — you pick the word.”

The US is certainly walking a fine line between, as the media will tell you, “legitimizing” the brutal dictator of a nation that has been driven back to the dark ages through the reign of his family dynasty, and effective foreign policy that will successfully prompt said brutal dictator to give up his weapons and re-join the rest of the world in the modern age.

Trump is no ordinary politician, however. He’s a businessman, a deal maker, and he is well-known for praising people he literally just smeared when they conceded to the terms of this deal. This is who Trump is, and it’s who we elected, and his actions seem to speak far more than his oft-uncensored words.

If the North Korea deal plays out like the majority of his policy so far, then Pompeo has every reason to be hopeful, and Trump will truly have achieved the unimaginable.

And then the press will have to find something else to complain about.

Save conservative media!

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please hover over that comment, click the ∨ icon, and mark it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

News

House Minority Leader Says Democrats ‘Trying To Frame’ Trump Because They’re Scared Of Possible 2020 Outcome

Published

on

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy recently delivered a sharp statement about the motivations behind the current impeachment fever that has swept through the Democratic Party in Congress, stating the left is framing Trump because they’re scared of the potential outcome of the 2020 election. Here’s more of what McCarthy said via The Washington Examiner: “We’ve never had an impeachment in the first term,” McCarthy said on Fox News hours before the first public impeachment proceedings began in the House. “They are so afraid to face the president in the election; they’re trying to frame him.” McCarthy has been one of Trump’s strongest supporters on Capitol Hill since Democrats announced a formal impeachment investigation into the president’s conduct. Democrats have seized on a July 25 phone call between Trump and the president of Ukraine after a whistleblower alleged the president abused his power in asking the foreign leader to investigate Joe Biden. “There’s no due process, the president’s attorney is not in the room, cannot cross-examine, we cannot have our witnesses,” McCarthy complained. “We can’t have a whistleblower who this all started from, an individual who was not even on the phone call.” Over the last several weeks, the GOP has placed most of their focus on discrediting the whistleblower who made the initial complaint against the president and have requested that the individual be named and forced to testify in the public hearings. Republicans have repeatedly accused Democrats of running a “sham” impeachment with the goal of undoing the 2016 election. Democratic leadership has responded to the calls for the whistleblower to be named by stating that doing so would put his life in danger and would discourage future whistleblowers from coming forward in the future. https://youtu.be/ksOhd2IqPWs

Continue Reading

News

Only Democrat Running Against Tom Cotton Drops Out Just Hours After Filing Deadline

Published

on

The only Democratic senate candidate in the state of Arkansas decided to call it quits just one day after the filing deadline. Josh Mahony, an executive for a nonprofit organization, was the sole Democratic candidate who was going to take on Sen. Tom Cotton in the 2020 presidential election. Mahony stated on Tuesday he was dropping from the race due to a “family health concern.” Here’s more from The Washington Examiner: In a statement posted to Twitter, Mahony commented on his withdrawal from the race and thanked his supporters. “It has been the honor of my life to be able to meet and visit with so many Arkansans over the last six months and hear their voices,” he said. “It was my sincere hope to be their advocate in Washington, D.C. However, in this moment right now, I need to focus on my family and place their interests first.” https://twitter.com/joshuamahony/status/1194348276759154689 Mahony raised around $250,000 to fund his bid against Cotton, but it was still unlikely that he would have won. Cotton easily beat his 2014 competitor, former Democratic Sen. Mark Pryor, and Mahony’s only other campaign experience was a failed 2018 congressional bid in which he earned half as many votes as his competitor, Rep. Steve Womack, Republican of Arkansas. The timing of Mahony’s decision to quit the race does not bode well for the Democratic Party, as the deadline to file to run in the 2020 presidential race has already passed. Michael John Gray, the head of the Democratic Party of Arkansas, stated that he didn’t learn about Mahony’s decision until someone sent him the tweeted statement. Gray is in talks with the Arkansas secretary of state’s office to see if they can get another candidate on the ballot despite the fact the deadline is expired. Arkansas has the…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week

Send this to a friend