Connect with us

Entertainment

MSM Caught in ‘Big Lie’ as Feds Reveal Reason for Clearing Lafayette Square

The infotainment industry has a lot of explaining to do.

Published

on

For over a year now, the mainstream media has consistently and continually attempted to vilify Donald Trump for a number of reasons, not the least of which was an incident that occurred in Washington DC one year ago this month, in which the then-President took a photo in Lafayette Square amid heavy protests that were dispersed with tear gas.

The infotainment industry has long suggested that the tear gassing of protesters on that day was done simply for the sake of Trump’s photo op, and pundits have been leaning into this assumption heavily when they criticize the 45th President of the United States.

As it turns out, all of that fuss was undeniably out of place.

An internal government investigation has determined that the decision to forcibly clear racial justice protesters from an area in front of the White House last summer was not influenced by then-President Donald Trump’s plan to stage a Bible-toting photo opportunity at that spot.

The report released Wednesday by the Interior Department’s inspector generalconcludes that the protesters were cleared by U.S. Park Police last June 1 so that a contractor could get started installing new fencing.

The timing of the incident is proof positive that the media’s portrayal was purposefully inaccurate.

take our poll - story continues below

Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?

  • Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Park Police officials had already planned to clear the area and “had begun implementing the operational plan several hours before they knew of a potential Presidential visit to the park,” Inspector General Mark Lee Greenblatt said in a statement accompanying the report.

As CNN and others continue to bludgeon the nation over the head with their talk of a “big lie”, perhaps it’s time that they were reminded of the anecdote about throwing stones in glass houses.

Entertainment

DirecTV Removes Conservative News Network in Blow to Free Speech

The move is just the latest incident in which conservative bandwidth has been arbitrarily limited, and it certainly won’t be the last. 

Published

on

In our nation, we’ve long held the belief that the diversity of opinion is a tool for sharpening our abilities and ingenuity.  The freedom to speak as you want is the best way to keep the evil among us from snatching up the entirety of the American Dream for themselves, and it levels the playing field among the masses.

That it why the latest move from DirecTV is so egregious.

The largest satellite provider in the United States said late Friday it will drop One America News, a move that could financially cripple the rightwing TV network known for fueling conspiracy theories about the 2020 election.

The announcement by DirecTV, which is 70% owned by AT&T, comes three months after a Reuters investigation revealed that OAN’s founder testified that AT&T inspired him to create the network. Court testimony also showed that OAN receives nearly all of its revenue from DirecTV.

The sudden change comes after years of cooperation.

DirecTV, with approximately 15 million subscribers, is by far OAN’s largest carrier. According to testimony by OAN’s accountant reviewed by Reuters, DirecTV provided 90% of the conservative network’s revenue.

“We informed Herring Networks that, following a routine internal review, we do not plan to enter into a new contract when our current agreement expires,” DirecTV said in a statement.

The OAN-DirecTV contract is set to expire in the next several months. DirecTV began airing OAN in April 2017, a deal that began shortly after OAN and AT&T settled a lawsuit over alleged oral promises during negotiations.

The move is just the latest incident in which conservative bandwidth has been arbitrarily limited, and it certainly won’t be the last.

In our nation, we’ve long held the belief that the diversity of opinion is a tool for sharpening our abilities and ingenuity.  The freedom to speak as you want is the best way to keep the evil among us from snatching up the entirety of the American Dream for themselves, and it levels the playing field among the masses. That it why the latest move from DirecTV is so egregious. The largest satellite provider in the United States said late Friday it will drop One America News, a move that could financially cripple the rightwing TV network known for fueling conspiracy theories about the 2020 election. The announcement by DirecTV, which is 70% owned by AT&T, comes three months after a Reuters investigation revealed that OAN’s founder testified that AT&T inspired him to create the network. Court testimony also showed that OAN receives nearly all of its revenue from DirecTV. The sudden change comes after years of cooperation. DirecTV, with approximately 15 million subscribers, is by far OAN’s largest carrier. According to testimony by OAN’s accountant reviewed by Reuters, DirecTV provided 90% of the conservative network’s revenue. “We informed Herring Networks that, following a routine internal review, we do not plan to enter into a new contract when our current agreement expires,” DirecTV said in a statement. The OAN-DirecTV contract is set to expire in the next several months. DirecTV began airing OAN in April 2017, a deal that began shortly after OAN and AT&T settled a lawsuit over alleged oral promises during negotiations. The move is just the latest incident in which conservative bandwidth has been arbitrarily limited, and it certainly won’t be the last.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Nearly 300 Doctors, Experts Sign Letter Calling Joe Rogan ‘A Public Menace’

Rogan has survived countless controversies in the past, however, and it is unlikely that Spotify would jeopardize their rather enormous investment in the ultra-popular host over this COVID kerfuffle. 

Published

on

Like Howard Stern before him, Joe Rogan has become a bit of a shock jock.  Or, at least whatever the podcast equivalent would be called.

This is largely because Rogan is a “question everything” sort of interviewer, and always has been.  We have to remember that this is a man who really wanted to believe that Sasquatch existed, but disappointed himself greatly by seeking out the truth.  Nothing is off limits for Rogan, and that is precisely why he is so popular.

But when he employs his innate curiosity in regard to the COVID-19 pandemic, he is now standing accused of being a “public menace”.

A group of 270 experts have penned an open letter addressed to the Swedish audio streaming service condemning the top-rated show, “The Joe Rogan Experience.”

take our poll - story continues below

Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?

  • Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

The doctors, researchers and health-care professionals who co-signed the statement have expressed concern that the podcast’s outspoken 54-year-old host is making millions on the dissemination of bogus medical advice — to the health detriment of his listeners.

The group appeared to subtly suggest some sort of culpability on the part of the streaming platform.

The letter also asked the streaming music service to “establish a clear and public policy to moderate misinformation on its platform.”

“Spotify has a responsibility to mitigate the spread of misinformation on its platform, though the company presently has no misinformation policy,” they wrote.

Some of the signees appeared livid.

Fellow signee Katrine Wallace, epidemiologist at University of Illinois Chicago School of Public Health, told Rolling Stone that Rogan was “a menace to public health,” particularly for espousing anti-vaccine rhetoric.

“Having things like this on the Joe Rogan podcast gives a platform to these people and makes it a false balance. This is what really bothers me,” she said. “These are fringe ideas not backed in science, and having it on a huge platform makes it seem there are two sides to this issue. And there are really not. The overwhelming evidence is the vaccine works, and it is safe.”

Rogan has survived countless controversies in the past, however, and it is unlikely that Spotify would jeopardize their rather enormous investment in the ultra-popular host over this COVID kerfuffle.

Like Howard Stern before him, Joe Rogan has become a bit of a shock jock.  Or, at least whatever the podcast equivalent would be called. This is largely because Rogan is a “question everything” sort of interviewer, and always has been.  We have to remember that this is a man who really wanted to believe that Sasquatch existed, but disappointed himself greatly by seeking out the truth.  Nothing is off limits for Rogan, and that is precisely why he is so popular. But when he employs his innate curiosity in regard to the COVID-19 pandemic, he is now standing accused of being a “public menace”. A group of 270 experts have penned an open letter addressed to the Swedish audio streaming service condemning the top-rated show, “The Joe Rogan Experience.” The doctors, researchers and health-care professionals who co-signed the statement have expressed concern that the podcast’s outspoken 54-year-old host is making millions on the dissemination of bogus medical advice — to the health detriment of his listeners. The group appeared to subtly suggest some sort of culpability on the part of the streaming platform. The letter also asked the streaming music service to “establish a clear and public policy to moderate misinformation on its platform.” “Spotify has a responsibility to mitigate the spread of misinformation on its platform, though the company presently has no misinformation policy,” they wrote. Some of the signees appeared livid. Fellow signee Katrine Wallace, epidemiologist at University of Illinois Chicago School of Public Health, told Rolling Stone that Rogan was “a menace to public health,” particularly for espousing anti-vaccine rhetoric. “Having things like this on the Joe Rogan podcast gives a platform to these people and makes it a false balance. This is what really bothers me,” she said. “These are fringe ideas not backed in science,…

Continue Reading
The Schaftlein Report

Latest Articles

Best of the Week