Connect with us

News

NCAA Men’s Basketball Champions REJECT White House Invite, Reason Why Is Pathetic

Really, bro? REALLY!?

John Salvatore

Published

on

The University of Virginia Men’s Basketball team downed Texas Tech University in early April to become NCAA champions.

Now, the team is already rejecting a future invite from the White House to celebrate their title with President Trump.

The reason?

Trending: Bill O’Reilly Brilliantly Explains Why 2020 Election Doesn’t Make Much Sense (Video)

Scheduling conflicts.

take our poll - story continues below

Has There Been Voter Fraud in the 2020 Election?

  • Has There Been Voter Fraud in the 2020 Election?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Really, bro?

If Barack Obama was still president would their be “scheduling conflicts?” Doubtful.

From Yahoo News:

Tony Bennett and the Virginia men’s basketball team will not be making the customary trip to the White House to celebrate their national championship, the school announced on Friday.

[…]

The Baylor women’s basketball team did accept an invitation to visit Trump at the White House after winning the national championship earlier this month. The Lady Bears are scheduled to make the trip on Monday, marking the first time under the Trump administration that a women’s basketball team has done so.

From the team’s Twitter account:

“We have received inquiries about a visit to the White House. With several players either pursuing pro opportunities or moving on from UVA, it would be difficult, if not impossible to get everyone back together. We would have to respectfully decline an invitation.” – Tony Bennett

More:

UVA’s basketball team declined an invite to the White House, claiming scheduling issues.

15,000+ people signed a petition asking the national college champions to reject it over President Trump’s “reprehensible” comments after the 2017 Charlottesville white supremacist rally.

WATCH:

Speaking of the White House, Trump will skip the Correspondents Dinner for the third year in a row.

Would you like to sit with a large group of people who want to do nothing but ruin your night with lame jokes?

This is probably one of the easier decisions POTUS has had to make since becoming commander-in-chief.

What’s different this time around is that Trump is making a demand of his staff.

From Washington Times:

President Trump has ordered his administration to boycott the annual White House Correspondents Association dinner, an event that Mr. Trump will skip for the third straight year.

White House Cabinet Secretary Bill McGinley announced that all Trump administration officials are being ordered to boycott the dinner.

Here’s Trump’s announcement from earlier in April, per The Hill:

President Trump said Friday he will skip this year’s White House Correspondents’ Association (WHCA) dinner and hold a rally instead.

Trump noted, “The dinner is boring and so negative that we’re going to hold a very positive rally.

He added, “I’m going to hold a rally. Yeah, because the dinner is so boring and so negative that we’re going to hold a very positive rally.

He concluded, “We haven’t determined. We have about three sites. Everybody wants it. It’ll be a big one. But the correspondents’ dinner is too negative. I like positive things.

WATCH:

Save conservative media!

News

Manchin Shreds AOC, Says ‘She’s More Active On Twitter Than Anything Else’

Published

on

Despite the fact that the mainstream media has prematurely called the 2020 presidential election in favor of Democratic nominee Joe Biden, there’s a lot of hostilities and division ripping through the party right now. Particularly between Sen. Joe Manchin and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Manchin recently conducted an interview with the NY Times, which was posted up on Monday, in which he took aim at the diehard socialist congresswoman, claiming that she’s far more active on Twitter than she is in Congress. via Newsmax: His words came after a Nov. 11 tweet of his own where he had taken aim at calls to defund the police. He wrote: “Defund the police? Defund the police? Defund, my butt. I’m a proud West Virginia Democrat. We are the party of working men and women. We do not have some crazy socialist agenda, and we do not believe in defunding the police.” Ocasio-Cortez had fired back in a Nov. 12 tweet in which she posted a photo of herself seated behind Manchin at President Donald Trump’s State of the Union speech. In the photo, she appeared to be giving Manchin an icy stare as he applauded. In the Tuesday interview with the Times, Manchin addressed the tweet, saying: “I guess she put the dagger stare on me. I don’t know the young lady — I really don’t. I never met her. I’m understanding she’s not that active with her bills or in committee. She’s more active on Twitter than anything else.” A spokeswoman for AOC, Lauren Hitt, came out to defend the congresswoman by stating that she has submitted more amendments than 90 percent of other freshmen folk in Congress. “The congresswoman has earned a reputation as a tough, prepared member in committee hearings,” Hitt stated. Manchin isn’t exactly wrong here. AOC spends a whole…

Continue Reading

News

Democratic Mayor Of San Jose Busted Allegedly Violating Coronavirus Rules For Thanksgiving

Published

on

The Democratic mayor of the city of San Jose, California is catching tremendous heat over accusations that he ignored COVID-19 restrictions after he urged citizens in the city to “cancel the big gatherings this year and focus on keeping each other safe.” Well, we all know how much the radical left in this country loves hypocrisy, so not shocked by this a bit. This really demonstrates how liberal “elites” view themselves as above the law, while they look at their constituents as peons. via Daily Wire: NBC Bay Area reported Monday that Democrat San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo appeared to “have broken health protocols in celebrating Thanksgiving with family members outside of his own household.” Reporters from the local affiliate learned that he celebrated Thanksgiving with his elderly parents, which his office later confirmed, with “an unknown number of other guests.” His office did not disclose how many people attended the dinner, how many different households attended, and whether those who attended wore masks. “This is a private event – not public,” Liccardo’s chief of staff, Jim Reed stated. “We are going to redraw the line between what is personal and what is public because that line has become blurred.” On the day before Thanksgiving, Liccardo tweeted, “Cases are spiking, in part because we’re letting our guard (and masks) down with family & friends. Let’s cancel the big gatherings this year and focus on keeping each other safe.” https://twitter.com/sliccardo/status/1331576931125379082 “While few details about Liccardo’s Thanksgiving celebration have been released, it appears the gathering did elude guidelines frequently touted by the Santa Clara County Public Health Department, aimed at slowing the spread of COVID-19,” NBC Bay Area said in their report. “A recent spike in coronavirus cases has prompted tighter restrictions across the Bay Area and the potential for California to exceed…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week