Please disable your Ad Blocker to better interact with this website.

Connect with us

Faith

New Bombshell Letter Reveals Vatican Officials Knew of McCarrick in 2000

Published

on

The religious world has been rocked by stunning revelation and testimony against the systematic suppression of sex abuse allegations made against members of the Catholic clergy, particularly those against Archbishop Theodore E. McCarrick and his behavior towards seminarians as rector at Immaculate Conception Seminary.

While the mainstream media seems to favor the narrative of progressive Catholics, i.e., is highlighting Pope Francis’ progressive bona fides like his interest in climate change and lenient position on homosexuality and abortion, conservative members of the church are outraged and demanding answers.

Catholic News Service has obtained a letter indicating that the Vatican was aware of McCarrick’s behavior as early as 2000, and seems to have failed to act.

Trending: REVEALED: McCain Family to Support Joe Biden In 2020, Hoping He Kicks Trump From Office

They report:

A top official from the Vatican Secretariat of State acknowledged allegations made by a New York priest in 2000 concerning Archbishop Theodore E. McCarrick, according to a letter obtained by Catholic News Service.

Father Boniface Ramsey, pastor of St. Joseph’s Church Yorkville in New York City, told CNS Sept. 7 that he received the letter dated Oct. 11, 2006, from then-Archbishop Leonardo Sandri, the former Vatican substitute for general affairs, asking for information regarding a priest of the Archdiocese of Newark who studied at Immaculate Conception Seminary and was being vetted for a post at a Vatican office. He made the letter available to CNS.

Then-Archbishop Sandri wrote to Father Ramsey, “I ask with particular reference to the serious matters involving some of the students of the Immaculate Conception Seminary, which in November 2000 you were good enough to bring confidentially to the attention of the then Apostolic Nuncio in the United States, the late Archbishop Gabriel Montalvo.”

Father Ramsey had been on the faculty of the seminary from 1986 to 1996 and had sent a letter in 2000 to Archbishop Montalvo informing him of complaints he heard from seminarians studying at the seminary, located in South Orange, New Jersey.

In the letter, Father Ramsey told CNS, “I complained about McCarrick’s relationships with seminarians and the whole business with sleeping with seminarians and all of that; the whole business that everyone knows about,” Father Ramsey said.

A letter dated Oct. 11, 2006 from Archbishop Leonardo Sandri, then substitute for the Vatican Secretariat of State, to Father Boniface Ramsey references a Nov. 2000 letter Father Ramsey had written to Archbishop Gabriel Montalvo, Vatican nuncio to the United States, warning about sexual abuse committed by Archbishop Theodore E. McCarrick. The letter, scanned and released by Father Ramsey to Catholic News Service Sept. 7, confirms past remarks by Father Ramsey and also confirms elements of the Aug. 26 testimony by Archbishop Carlo Maria Vigano, former nuncio to the United States. (CNS photo/courtesy of Father Boniface Ramsey) See MCCARRICK-SANDRI-RAMSEY Sept. 7, 2018. EDITORS: Name of priest redacted by Father Ramsey and CNS.

This revelation supports accusations that are currently being made against the Vatican that they covered up McCarrick’s behavior.

Late last month, Archbishop Vigano published a statement accusing church officials, including Pope Francis, of failing to appropriately act on the accusations leveled against now-Archbishop McCarrick.

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.

Faith

Former Pope Blames ‘Swingin’ Sixties’ for Catholic Church’s Cesspool of Pedophilia

The Catholic Church is again attempting to blame their rampant pedophilia on the outside world.

Published

on

Pope Benedict

The high pontiffs of the Catholic Church would make fantastic dodgeball players. Given just how well they’ve avoided taking the blame for, or properly reacting to, the disturbing prevalence of pedophilia among their ranks, there is little doubt that these purposefully-ignorant would be able to dodge just about anything. The problem is obtuse, obvious, and ostensibly disgusting.  There are literally thousands upon thousands of young children who have been sexualized by Catholic priests over the course of several decades in all corners of the globe.  The problem is not isolated at all, and the only common factor between these horrific crimes is that they occurred at the hands of the Catholic Church. If the entire world got sick from eating a certain food, we would stop eating that food.  In the case of the Catholic Church, the children of the world are being undeniably harmed by their religious leaders in habitual and systemic acts of pedophilia, yet the leaders at The Vatican continue to ignore and obfuscate the truth. Now, one former Pope is even blaming the cultural revolution of the 1960’s for the issue. Emeritus Pope Benedict has emerged from his cone of silence to offer a personal analysis of the clerical sex abuse crisis, citing the sexual revolution, a corruption of moral theology, and the formation of “homosexual cliques” in seminaries as causes of the problem. Benedict says that he felt compelled to contribute to a response to the present situation “since I myself had served in a position of responsibility as shepherd of the Church at the time of the public outbreak of the crisis,” and so penned his reflections, obtaining the present pope’s blessing to make them public. In his new, 6,000-word bombshell essay, the former pope turns his gaze toward societal forces outside the Church as well as…

Continue Reading

Faith

This Husband Didn’t Want To Adopt, Then God Gave Him An Incredible Vision

When God has something in store for your life, you can’t run from it for long.

Published

on

By

Adoption is an incredible, God-mirroring feat for Christian families to undertake, but it’s not without its challenges and pitfalls. When God has something in store for your life, however, you can’t run from it for long. Jeffrey and Kristine Moore learned this lesson on their 10-year adoption journey, ultimately leading them to adopt four children, Elizabeth, Jhonatan, Mariaelena, and Talia, from Peru. Jeffrey, however, recalled in an interview with PureFlix Insider that he wanted nothing to do with adoption in the early days of their marriage—even after suffering two miscarriages. “At the time I had said, ‘I don’t think I could adopt, I don’t think I could love a child that wasn’t my own biologically,’” Jeffrey said. Soon after, God lovingly set Jeffrey straight with an incredible vision that he reveals in the video below: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1910950709034153 “The story of adoption began because God called us to it. I had a vision, and it was really, really powerful,” he said. “I was floating in the ocean at night. It was very calm and peaceful, and I was being carried by something in the water, like a current pushing me toward something.” Jeffrey remembered the water in his vision becoming shallow and leading him to a beach on a tropical island. It’s there that he saw something breathtaking. “There were all of these jewels or gemstones that were lying around in the sand, and every one of them was glowing with this internal fire,” he continued. “All these points of light…and I just felt compelled to reach out and pick one up.” His vision ends there, but Jeffrey says he believes God was giving him a very clear message about international adoption: “‘He said, ‘My son, are you willing to be carried by my spirit to a land far away to pick…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week

Send this to a friend