Connect with us

News

New Complaint Alleges Trump Whistleblower Might Be Soliciting Donations

Published

on

A new complaint that’s been filed to the Intelligence Community Inspector General is alleging that the Trump-Ukraine whistleblower, the same individual whose complaint against Trump launched the impeachment inquiry into the president, might be in violation of federal law by indirectly soliciting more than a quarter-million dollars from anonymous sources via GoFundMe.

Here’s the scoop via Fox News:

The complaint, which was filed last week and obtained by Fox News, alleged the donations from roughly 6,000 individuals “clearly constitute” gifts to a current intelligence official that may be restricted because of the employee’s official position pursuant to 5 CFR 2635.203 and other statutes. To date, the GoFundMe has raised over $227,000.

Trending: Biden Refuses to Answer Debate Question, Tells President Trump: ‘Will You Shut Up, Man?’

The complaint also raised the possibility that some of the donations may have come from prohibited sources, and asked the ICIG to look into whether any “foreign citizen or agent of a foreign government” contributed.

take our poll - story continues below

Trump or Biden, who will win?

  • Why wait until November 3? Show all of America who you're voting for in 2020  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Tully Rinckey PLLC, the law firm representing the individual reporting the allegations, is closely guarding the identity of their client, though Fox News is told the individual is the holder of a top-secret SCI security clearance and has served in government.

“I have not seen anything on this scale,” Anthony Gallo, the managing partner of Tully Rinckey PLLC, told Fox News, referring to the fundraising. “It’s not about politics for my client — it’s whistleblower-on-whistleblower, and [my client’s] only interest is to see the government ethics rules are being complied with government-wide.”

Back in September, Fox News released a report discussing how nonprofit Whistleblower Aid worked with the attorneys of the whistleblower in question at the Compass Rose Legal Group to start a GoFundMe.

The whistleblower’s legal team have stated that the GoFundMe page is a means of helping to “support the Intelligence Community Whistleblower to raise funds,” with the page itself saying, “A U.S. intelligence officer…needs your help” to suppot the whistleblower’s lawyers.

The page then goes on to say “donation will only be accepted from U.S. citizens.” However, the majority of folks who have given money to the campaign remain unnamed. Legal experts spoke with Fox News and said the ICIG will need to subpoena the website to gain access to information about the origins of the donors to make sure they comply with the law.

Save conservative media!

News

Joe Biden’s Deputy Campaign Manager Squashes Possibility Of Bailing Out On Debates: ‘We Are Going To Do The Debates’

Published

on

It didn’t take long after the bloodbath that was the first presidential debate Tuesday evening for the mainstream media and many liberals across the country to start panicking and calling for Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden to decline to do any further debates with President Trump. The man was pummeled constantly for an hour and a half, meanwhile the president also had to debate moderator Chris Wallace, which just goes to show you what a back alley brawler Trump really is to hold his ground against two enemies coming at him at once. However, Biden’s deputy campaign manager has squashed the idea of avoiding future debates, stating the former vice president would be participating in the events. via Daily Wire: Biden’s deputy campaign manager avowed that Biden would commit to the two next presidential debates, scheduled for October 15 and October 22. According to The Hill, Kate Bedingfield quashed any ideas that Biden would skip the next two debates, saying, “I don’t know how many different ways we can say it. Yes, we are going to do the debates. I would imagine there will be some additional conversations [with the Commission on Presidential Debates]. But yeah, we are committing to attending the debates.” Senator Chris Coons (D-DL), who serves as a Biden surrogate, had informed Politico that he was unsure whether further debates should be held, iterating: It was very hard to follow what was being said, and President Trump showed not just disrespect to the moderator, but to the American people who tuned in trying to figure out what his plans are. The point of the debate is for the American people to make a decision, informed by hearing from the two candidates on what’s your record, what are your values? Joe Biden came prepared to respect the American…

Continue Reading

News

Lindsey Graham Unveils Letter From DOJ Attorney Who Responded To Issues Concerning Carter Page FISA Applications

Published

on

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham revealed a letter he received from a Justice Department attorney who signed off on the surveillance warrant applications that sought out court authority to provide a wiretap on former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page. In this particular letter, which Graham read out loud and officially entered into the record at a hearing held Wednesday morning with former FBI Director James Comey, the Office of Intelligence attorney stated that he or she wouldn’t have signed off on these warrant applications had they known about the issues that have now been uncovered by the Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz. Here’s more on this developing story via Washington Examiner: “The OI attorney advises that had he/she been aware of the significant errors and omissions identified by the OIG and the errors in the Woods process, he/she would not have signed the filed Page FISA applications,” the letter from Assistant Attorney General Stephen Boyd to Graham obtained by the Washington Examiner states. “The OI attorney further advises that he/she is not aware of any additional errors or omissions in the Page FISA applications or in the Crossfire Hurricane investigation more generally that were not identified in the OIG Report.” Graham then noted that two ex-DOJ officials who had also signed off on the Page surveillance, former Deputy Attorneys General Rod Rosenstein and Sally Yates, both testified to the panel that they would not have signed off on the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrants if they knew then what they know now. Four FISA applications and renewals against Page were approved by FBI and DOJ leadership and by the FISA court, including three approvals by Comey. Page has denied any wrongdoing and was never charged with a crime. The hearing Wednesday is the latest in the judiciary panel’s…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week

 
Send this to a friend