;
Connect with us

News

New Poll Reveals How COVID Uptick is Affecting Americans’ Mood

The new numbers mark a stark milestone in the ongoing saga of COVID-19.

Published

on

For many of us, the overwhelming sentiment about the continued coronavirus crisis seems to be “when will enough be enough?”.

In fact, a great deal of the pushback that medical authorities are dealing with at the moment is coming directly from Americans who no longer wish to be held captive by the virus, and who believe that, like the flu, this is something that we are just going to have to work around.

Much of this opinion was likely fomented by the government’s swift and thorough response to the pandemic – a reaction that many Americans have suggested was a massive overreach on the part of the feds.

Now, with the delta variant surging, (and precautionary government gibberish rising with it), there has been a great strain on Americans’ mental health. 

take our poll - story continues below

Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?

  • Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

In a dramatic shift from last month, more Americans now say the coronavirus situation in the U.S. is getting worse (45%) rather than better (40%). In June, a record 89% said the situation was getting better, while only 3% said it was getting worse.

Line graph. Americans’ assessments of the coronavirus situation in the U.S. as getting better, staying the same or getting worse. Forty percent of Americans in July 2021 say the situation is getting better, 45% worse and 14% saying the same. Americans had been more positive than negative since February. In 2020, they were more likely to say things were getting worse, including a high of 73% in November.

The moment is a milestone in the virus’s resurgence.

The current survey marks the first time since January that more U.S. adults have been pessimistic than optimistic about the COVID-19 situation. There was greater pessimism than optimism for most of 2020. At its worst, 73% in November said the situation was deteriorating amid a dramatic surge in cases last fall.

Gallup’s latest update on coronavirus attitudes comes from a July 19-26 web survey of U.S. adults who are members of Gallup’s probability-based panel. The survey was conducted amid a new spike in COVID-19 cases in the U.S. as the more contagious delta variant of the virus spreads through the country, but before the Centers for Disease Control revised its guidance on the wearing of face masks in public.

The survey also revealed that many Americans now see the end of 2021 as the likely timeframe in which the COVID-19 crisis will finally, and fully, be on its way out the door.

News

Paging Fox Mulder: Pentagon Could Open Permanent UFO Office in Coming Months

In yet another case of life imitating art, it appears as though we’re about to have out own government funded X-Files office.

Published

on

The truth is out there, and the Pentagon is ready to commit to searching for it full-time.

Over the course of the last several years, Americans have heard more from their government on the subject of UFO’s than ever before.  This is thanks to a number of well-documented sightings from within the military, and a massive glut of disclosure that was forced out of the CIA through an amendment to a COVID-19 relief bill.

Now, amid this rise in interest, the Pentagon is getting serious about the subject.

Tucked into the House of Representatives’ lengthy fiscal 2022 National Defense Authorization Act proposal lawmakers passed Thursday evening is a provision to form a permanent office under the Defense secretary, where officials would investigate government- and military-provided reports of unexplained sights in the sky.

take our poll - story continues below

Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?

  • Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

That office would “carry out, on a department-wide basis, the mission currently performed by the Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon Task Force,” according to a less-than-five-page section in the House’s NDAA, which was put forth by Rep. Ruben Gallego, D-Ariz., a Marine Corps combat veteran.

The office would work to standardize the way in which the DOD documents the phenomenon.

Specifically, officials within that hub would develop a means to synchronize and standardize the collection and analysis of such incidents across federal departments, search for links between these occurrences and foreign governments, evaluate how much of a threat the sightings pose, work with U.S. allies to assess the origins of UAPs and more, the text notes. Starting Dec. 31, 2022 and annually through 2026, the Defense secretary would be required to supply multiple Congressional committees with reports on such phenomenon. Among other topics, those materials would need to include analyses of relevant data collected through geospatial, signals and human intelligence, details of any notable patterns in sightings, and evaluations of health-related effects on people who encountered UAPs. Many of these recommendations were alluded to in that preliminary document from the task force.

In yet another case of life imitating art, it appears as though we’re about to have out own government funded X-Files office.

The truth is out there, and the Pentagon is ready to commit to searching for it full-time. Over the course of the last several years, Americans have heard more from their government on the subject of UFO’s than ever before.  This is thanks to a number of well-documented sightings from within the military, and a massive glut of disclosure that was forced out of the CIA through an amendment to a COVID-19 relief bill. Now, amid this rise in interest, the Pentagon is getting serious about the subject. Tucked into the House of Representatives’ lengthy fiscal 2022 National Defense Authorization Act proposal lawmakers passed Thursday evening is a provision to form a permanent office under the Defense secretary, where officials would investigate government- and military-provided reports of unexplained sights in the sky. That office would “carry out, on a department-wide basis, the mission currently performed by the Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon Task Force,” according to a less-than-five-page section in the House’s NDAA, which was put forth by Rep. Ruben Gallego, D-Ariz., a Marine Corps combat veteran. The office would work to standardize the way in which the DOD documents the phenomenon. Specifically, officials within that hub would develop a means to synchronize and standardize the collection and analysis of such incidents across federal departments, search for links between these occurrences and foreign governments, evaluate how much of a threat the sightings pose, work with U.S. allies to assess the origins of UAPs and more, the text notes. Starting Dec. 31, 2022 and annually through 2026, the Defense secretary would be required to supply multiple Congressional committees with reports on such phenomenon. Among other topics, those materials would need to include analyses of relevant data collected through geospatial, signals and human intelligence, details of any notable patterns in sightings, and evaluations of…

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Giuliani Jilted: Fox News Bans Rudy and Son from Appearing on Network

This, after Rudy was integral in bringing Fox News to the mainstream.

Published

on

In the latest bit of fallout from Donald Trump’s first term as President, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani has been banned by Fox News.

Giuliani, who served as the personal attorney for Donald Trump during much of his presidency, is currently in legal limbo, having lost his ability to practice law in New York while facing a rather sizable defamation lawsuit from Dominion Voting Systems.

Now, as many continue to wonder how much influence Trump will have on the future of the Republican Party, Giuliani has taken a major publicity hit.

Prior to a scheduled appearance on “Fox & Friends” on Sept. 11, “Fox & Friends Weekend” co-host Pete Hegseth apparently called the former New York City mayor the night before and apologized, telling him he had been canceled from their guest list.

take our poll - story continues below

Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?

  • Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

The decision was particularly troubling for Rudy.

A source close to the former New York City mayor told Playbook that Giuliani was upset by the decision because he had “done a big favor” for Fox Corp. founder and Chairman Rupert Murdoch.

“He was instrumental in getting Fox on Time Warner so it could be watched in New York City,” the source told Playbook.

Giuliani’s son Andrew is also reportedly banned from the network, although no official reasoning has been given for either action.

 

In the latest bit of fallout from Donald Trump’s first term as President, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani has been banned by Fox News. Giuliani, who served as the personal attorney for Donald Trump during much of his presidency, is currently in legal limbo, having lost his ability to practice law in New York while facing a rather sizable defamation lawsuit from Dominion Voting Systems. Now, as many continue to wonder how much influence Trump will have on the future of the Republican Party, Giuliani has taken a major publicity hit. Prior to a scheduled appearance on “Fox & Friends” on Sept. 11, “Fox & Friends Weekend” co-host Pete Hegseth apparently called the former New York City mayor the night before and apologized, telling him he had been canceled from their guest list. The decision was particularly troubling for Rudy. A source close to the former New York City mayor told Playbook that Giuliani was upset by the decision because he had “done a big favor” for Fox Corp. founder and Chairman Rupert Murdoch. “He was instrumental in getting Fox on Time Warner so it could be watched in New York City,” the source told Playbook. Giuliani’s son Andrew is also reportedly banned from the network, although no official reasoning has been given for either action.  

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week