×

We chose a different approach. Will you support it? Unlike liberal news organizations, we made a choice to keep all of our independent, investigative reporting open for everyone. We believe each American deserves access to accurate information with integrity at its heart. At a time when fake news and Leftwing censorship threatens free speech, support from our readers is paramount in safeguarding our editorial independence. This is our model for open, real, truthful journalism. If you're able to, please support us today from as little as $1.

Connect with us

News

New Report Breaks Down the Likelihood the GOP Keeps the House and Senate

Interesting numbers.

Published

on

The November midterm elections are finally upon us, with one more day to go. Yes, that’s right folks, just survive the next 48 hours and the bombardment of political ads that are currently assaulting your eyeballs ruthlessly will come to an end.

In the meantime, many folks on the right are wondering what kind of odds the GOP is facing in regards to keeping the House and the Senate. Well, things are a bit of a mixed bag it seems.

Since the Kavanaugh confirmation circus, Republicans’ chances of keeping the Senate have strengthened. For the last few weeks, Real Clear Politics’ average of the key polls has given Republicans 50 “safe” Senate seats and narrow leads in two of the six “tossup” races (last week the GOP had a slight edge in three). According to Silver’s FiveThirtyEight, Republicans now have a 6 in 7 chance (84.8%; up 2.1% since last week) of maintaining control of the Senate, giving the Democrats just a 1 in 7 chance (15.2%) of taking over.

Trending: Watch: Boy Pummeled By Black Teens for Wearing Trump 2020 Hat On School Bus [Video]

Silver projects Republicans to end up with 52 seats and Democrats with 48, a net gain of one seat for Republicans and one seat more than is needed for the 51-seat majority. Silver currently gives Republicans an 80% chance of gaining up to four seats or losing up to two, and just a 10% chance that they gain more than four or lose more than two.

take our poll - story continues below

Which Democrat will drop out of the race next?

  • Which Democrat will drop out of the race next?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

With their Senate hopes slipping away, Democrats are increasingly looking to the House as their best chance at wresting at least one chamber of Congress out of the hands of the GOP. And, unlike with the Senate, the Democrats’ odds of doing so are looking quite good; in fact, they’re nearly mirror-images of the Republicans’ chances of keeping the Senate.

Real Clear Politics’ poll averages currently show Democrats with 203 seats that are “safely” blue, including 14 that are “likely” to go their way and 16 that “lean” Democrat. Republicans currently have 196 “safe” seats (20 likely and 26 leaning). Last week, RCP gave Republicans 199 “safe” seats. If those numbers hold up, that means the Democrats only need 15 of the 36 tossup seats to attain the 218-majority in the House. Republicans, meanwhile, need to win 22. The one thing that could work in Republicans’ favor is that 31 of the 36 tossups are currently held by Republicans.

In numbers that closely resemble those for the Senate, but favoring the other party, FiveThirtyEight sets the odds dramatically in the Democrats’ favor. According to Silver’s analysis, the Democrats have a 6 in 7 chance (84.9%) of winning control of the House, while Republicans have only a 1 in 7 chance (15.1%). That’s about a 10-point improvement for Democrats over early October.

The most likely projected outcome is that Democrats will end up with 233 seats and Republicans with 202. Silver has given the Democratic Party a 10 percent chance of gaining more than 59 seats and a less than 10 percent chance of gaining fewer than 19 seats.

At the end of the day, it seems the projection is that Democrats will take the House while Republicans retain control of the Senate.

Source: Daily Wire

Save conservative media!

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please hover over that comment, click the ∨ icon, and mark it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

News

Watch: Boy Pummeled By Black Teens for Wearing Trump 2020 Hat On School Bus [Video]

This kid may just grow up to be the next best fighter in boxing history…

John Salvatore

Published

on

Liberals will remain silent on this story. Privately, they will cheer on the attackers for beating a white boy simply for wearing his pro-Trump hat on the school bus. Thanks, Obama. That’s the problem. Liberals in Congress and the mainstream media refuse to acknowledge anti-Trump attackers because they know such violent humans will be voting Democrat in 2020 and forever on. Pretty sad. Check this out, via New York Times: The boy’s mother on Thursday released a 21-second video of the Nov. 21 attack in Hamilton County, where two girls and three boys are seen relentlessly punching him as other students look on and scream in the background. The boy, identified as Tyler, was assaulted for previously wearing to school a Trump 2020 hat that he bought “with his own money” at a flea market several weeks earlier, his mother said. […] The teen was then “steadily” bullied on the bus, getting “tripped” and verbally abused before the situation culminated in the beatdown that required a trip to the hospital, his mother claimed. WATCH: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QTm5AAZGbA&feature=emb_logo It’s not safe to be a young Trump supporter in school these days. Then again, it’s not really safe to be a Trump supporter outside of school, either. Unfortunately, the media is more concerned on attempting to cover for the likes of Jussie Smollett and Indian activist Nathan Phillips than reporting what truly matters. Case in point: a high schooler was assaulted for wearing his MAGA hat. MSM’s response? Crickets. WATCH: https://twitter.com/RyanAFournier/status/1100462367387910145?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1100462367387910145&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fdailycaller.com%2F2019%2F02%2F26%2Fstudents-maga-apparel-ripped-off%2F How awful is that? People are still, to this day, triggered by a hat, despite the fact that minority unemployment under President Trump is at an all-time low. Where’s the logic? It’s time for journalists to be journalists again and report these types of instances.

Continue Reading

News

Dem Misquotes POTUS In Impeachment Hearing, CNN Agrees With Trump It Was On Purpose

They admitted the truth?

John Salvatore

Published

on

Hold the phone! CNN just reported in favor of President Donald Trump? Either pigs are flying or the sky is falling because something is clearly off, here. But it happened. It actually happened. You’d have to imagine CNN President Jeff Zucker isn’t too pleased, considering he has an agenda to take POTUS down. Aw, shucks. Here’s the deal, via Daily Wire: CNN, which is often hostile in its coverage of President Donald Trump, admitted on Thursday that Trump was “correct” when he said on Thursday that Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee had “purposely misquoted” his July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. Here’s what CNN noted: During the debate over impeachment articles, [Democrat] Rep. [Veronica] Escobar, using an analogy to stress the alleged problem in Trump’s phone call with Zelensky, said “I want you to do me a favor though.” This quote replaces the word “us” found in the memo on the call, with the word “me.” Rep. Jackson, when quoting the memo of the call, said that the quote was “I would like you to do a favor though” — removing “us” from the quote. Trump’s response: Dems Veronica Escobar and Jackson Lee purposely misquoted my call. I said I want you to do us (our Country!) a favor, not me a favor. They know that but decided to LIE in order to make a fraudulent point! Very sad. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1205150488280350720?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1205150488280350720&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailywire.com%2Fnews%2Ftrump-democrats-purposely-misquoted-me-in-impeachment-hearing-cnn-hes-correct%2F CNN’s Jim Acosta doesn’t seem so interested in being a journalist. It would be as if he’s more into himself and bashing the Trump administration and putting out tell-all books. Because you demanded it, here’s you daily dose of Jim! WATCH: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q628VBpZe0A Reactions: “The house is on fire,” says the arsonist. https://twitter.com/GrasshopperPhil/status/1176155720099815426?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1176155720099815426&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitchy.com%2Fsamj-3930%2F2019%2F09%2F23%2Fget-this-clown-a-mirror-jim-acosta-whines-america-has-become-vicious-nasty-country-under-trump-and-oh-the-irony-watch%2F He left out: “in large part due to my networks rhetoric and left wing…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week

Send this to a friend