Connect with us

Politics

NFL Owners are Reportedly ‘Terrified of Trump,’ Here’s the Reason Why

The president has a lot of pull it seems.

Published

on

One of the issues President Trump seems to be very passionate about is NFL players not respecting their country, their flag, and the men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice for freedom by not standing for the National Anthem before games.

Trump has come out on multiple occasions to slam these individuals — who are part of a movement started by failed quarterback Colin Kaepernick — for their lack of love of country, and it seems the pressure he’s put on these folks and the team owners is having quite an effect.

A new report is stating that team owners are super scared of the commander-in-chief.

Here are a few tweets that capture the president’s thoughts on this form of “protest.”

If a player wants the privilege of making millions of dollars in the NFL,or other leagues, he or she should not be allowed to disrespect….

…our Great American Flag (or Country) and should stand for the National Anthem. If not, YOU’RE FIRED. Find something else to do!

Earlier this week the NFL banned players from kneeling during the anthem with owners voting unanimously on the measure, though one person did abstain.

Here’s why so many were on board with the idea.

“The answer remains clear, according to a variety of league sources: an intense fear of President Donald Trump,” writes Bleacher Report.

This is a fact. This is the truth. This is the core basis for the NFL’s decision. This has been told to me before, and it was reiterated by several people Wednesday.

“Our league,” one team official said, “is f–king terrified of Trump. We’re scared of him.”

What does the NFL fear? It fears boycotts of games. It fears people not watching its product on television. It fears people not buying its products.

Ratings for the NFL sunk down deep in the dumps last year and along with that went revenue from advertisers, which goes to show the power of people banding together to stand on principle.

While players are banned from kneeling, teams are still allowed to keep players in the locker room until after the anthem if they choose. This move also didn’t sit well with Trump who spoke against it too.

Trump stated later that the ban was a smart move and that this measure came about as the result of the people in this country, not because of him, saying “This country is very smart. We have very smart people.”

Indeed we do, Mr. President. Indeed we do.

Source: The Daily Wire

Opinion

In Georgia, Pence Makes Ugly Dig Directed at Trump

It’s safe to say these two won’t be on the 2024 ticket together.

Published

on

Tonight, the race for the Georgia governor’s office will continue, as incumbent Republican Brian Kemp faces primary challenger and fellow Republican David Perdue, in a contest with implications far beyond the Peach State.

The race has been billed as a bit of a 2024 preview, if only vicariously, as former President Donald Trump has endorsed Perdue while former Vice President Mike Pence has endorsed Kemp.

As the primary election neared, Pence wasn’t shy about taking some not-so-subtle shots at the former Commander in Chief, either.

On the eve of Georgia’s primary election, former Vice President Mike Pence had a forward-looking message of support for renominating Republican Gov. Brian Kemp.

“When you say yes to Governor Brian Kemp tomorrow, you will send a deafening message all across America that the Republican Party is the party of the future,” said Pence, speaking to a crowd of a few hundred in an airport hangar north of Atlanta on Monday.

Pence’s appearance was an implicit rebuke of former running mate Donald Trump, who has endorsed Kemp’s primary opponent, David Perdue. Pence did not make a direct mention of the former President nor respond to the relentless attacks Trump has leveled against Kemp. But his appearance at the rally the day before the election spoke volumes.

And then:

“When Brian Kemp called me and asked me to come out here and be with all of you, I said yes in a heartbeat,” Pence said.

Pence has been a bit coy, (and rather vague), about his potential plans for a 2024 campaign, and Trump has been quite vocal about the possibility of running against his former veep.

Tonight, the race for the Georgia governor’s office will continue, as incumbent Republican Brian Kemp faces primary challenger and fellow Republican David Perdue, in a contest with implications far beyond the Peach State. The race has been billed as a bit of a 2024 preview, if only vicariously, as former President Donald Trump has endorsed Perdue while former Vice President Mike Pence has endorsed Kemp. As the primary election neared, Pence wasn’t shy about taking some not-so-subtle shots at the former Commander in Chief, either. On the eve of Georgia’s primary election, former Vice President Mike Pence had a forward-looking message of support for renominating Republican Gov. Brian Kemp. “When you say yes to Governor Brian Kemp tomorrow, you will send a deafening message all across America that the Republican Party is the party of the future,” said Pence, speaking to a crowd of a few hundred in an airport hangar north of Atlanta on Monday. Pence’s appearance was an implicit rebuke of former running mate Donald Trump, who has endorsed Kemp’s primary opponent, David Perdue. Pence did not make a direct mention of the former President nor respond to the relentless attacks Trump has leveled against Kemp. But his appearance at the rally the day before the election spoke volumes. And then: “When Brian Kemp called me and asked me to come out here and be with all of you, I said yes in a heartbeat,” Pence said. Pence has been a bit coy, (and rather vague), about his potential plans for a 2024 campaign, and Trump has been quite vocal about the possibility of running against his former veep.

Continue Reading

Opinion

USA Begins Planning to Send Troops to Kyiv

Interesting…

Published

on

For weeks now, the world has been forced to sit back and watch the atrocities occurring in Ukraine with little to no recourse.  This was due largely to Vladimir Putin’s continued threats of a nuclear strike against anyone who might decide to interfere directly, including the United States, NATO, or other western powers.

Furthermore, US President Joe Biden has been clear:  There is no desire to have American troops squaring off with Russians directly, at the risk of conjuring World War III.

Yet still it appears as though some US troops will be making the journey to Ukraine…at least in a very limited manner.

Plans to send U.S. forces back into Ukraine to guard the recently reopened American Embassy in Kyiv are “underway at a relatively low level,” Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said Monday.

The Wall Street Journal reported Sunday that officials are mulling plans to send special forces to Kyiv to guard the U.S. Embassy. The effort is a delicate one, as it requires balancing the safety of American diplomats while avoiding what Russia could see as an escalation.

“Some of the things that may have been out there in the media, those are planning efforts that are underway at a relatively low level,” Milley told reporters at the Pentagon, seeming to refer to the Journal’s report.

There was no definitive timeline for the move.

Such plans “have not yet made it to [Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin] or myself for that matter, for refinement of courses of action and what’s needed,” he noted.

Milley would go on to suggest that any such move would require the approval of the President himself.

For weeks now, the world has been forced to sit back and watch the atrocities occurring in Ukraine with little to no recourse.  This was due largely to Vladimir Putin’s continued threats of a nuclear strike against anyone who might decide to interfere directly, including the United States, NATO, or other western powers. Furthermore, US President Joe Biden has been clear:  There is no desire to have American troops squaring off with Russians directly, at the risk of conjuring World War III. Yet still it appears as though some US troops will be making the journey to Ukraine…at least in a very limited manner. Plans to send U.S. forces back into Ukraine to guard the recently reopened American Embassy in Kyiv are “underway at a relatively low level,” Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said Monday. The Wall Street Journal reported Sunday that officials are mulling plans to send special forces to Kyiv to guard the U.S. Embassy. The effort is a delicate one, as it requires balancing the safety of American diplomats while avoiding what Russia could see as an escalation. “Some of the things that may have been out there in the media, those are planning efforts that are underway at a relatively low level,” Milley told reporters at the Pentagon, seeming to refer to the Journal’s report. There was no definitive timeline for the move. Such plans “have not yet made it to [Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin] or myself for that matter, for refinement of courses of action and what’s needed,” he noted. Milley would go on to suggest that any such move would require the approval of the President himself.

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week