;
Connect with us

News

Nikki Haley: Trump ‘Let Us Down’ — ‘Shouldn’t Have Followed’ His Lead on Election Fraud

Oh really, Nikki!??

John Salvatore

Published

on

After leaving her post as governor of South Carolina to become United Nations ambassador at the beginning of the Trump administration, many people believed Nikki Haley to be on a path to the White House.

After her latest comments about President Trump, though, she may no longer be considered a frontrunner with conservatives.

Here’s the deal, via The Hill:

Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley issued stunning remarks breaking with former President Trump, telling Politico in an interview published Friday that she believes he “let us down.”

take our poll - story continues below

Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?

  • Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“We need to acknowledge he let us down,” Haley, who served in her ambassador role under Trump, said. “He went down a path he shouldn’t have, and we shouldn’t have followed him, and we shouldn’t have listened to him. And we can’t let that ever happen again.”

CONTINUED:

Haley’s remarks are her strongest yet against the former president in the aftermath of the Jan. 6 Capitol riot and come as Trump’s legal team is set to present its defense of Trump on Friday in his second Senate impeachment trial.

The House impeached the former president for a second time shortly after the insurrection, saying his unsubstantiated claims of widespread voter fraud following his election loss to President Biden and his comments earlier that day incited the mob that stormed the Capitol.

It is probably safe to assume that Haley will not be a part of Trump’s second term in the White House, when he inevitably wins again in 2024.

News

SEE IT: World’s Largest Tree Wrapped in Foil to Prevent Wildfire Damage

It may look silly, but it might just save one of our nation’s most prized natural wonders.

Published

on

For all of the technological and scientific advancements we’ve made as a species, there are still some areas in which nature will get the best of us.  The awful and awe-inspiring forces that exist around us are not to be trifled with, and no amount of bandwidth is going to change that.

And so, when the world’s largest tree found itself in the crosshairs of one of California’s most explosive wildfires, authorities turned to an old-fashioned trick to try and keep it safe.

Firefighters wrapped the base of the world’s largest tree in a fire-resistant blanket as they tried to save a famous grove of gigantic old-growth sequoias from wildfires burning in California’s rugged Sierra Nevada.

The colossal General Sherman Tree in Sequoia National Park’s Giant Forest, some other sequoias, the Giant Forest Museum and other buildings were wrapped for protection against the possibility of intense flames, fire spokeswoman Rebecca Paterson said.

take our poll - story continues below

Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?

  • Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

And there is a history of this sort of thing working.

The aluminum wrapping can withstand intensive heat for short periods. Federal officials say they have been using the material for several years throughout the U.S. West to protect sensitive structures from flames. Near Lake Tahoe, some homes that were wrapped in protective material survived a recent wildfire while others nearby were destroyed.

The execution of the plan does give an outwardly awkward appearance, however.

These giant sequoias have been targeted several times by wildfires in recent years, as California continues to face worsening weather.

For all of the technological and scientific advancements we’ve made as a species, there are still some areas in which nature will get the best of us.  The awful and awe-inspiring forces that exist around us are not to be trifled with, and no amount of bandwidth is going to change that. And so, when the world’s largest tree found itself in the crosshairs of one of California’s most explosive wildfires, authorities turned to an old-fashioned trick to try and keep it safe. Firefighters wrapped the base of the world’s largest tree in a fire-resistant blanket as they tried to save a famous grove of gigantic old-growth sequoias from wildfires burning in California’s rugged Sierra Nevada. The colossal General Sherman Tree in Sequoia National Park’s Giant Forest, some other sequoias, the Giant Forest Museum and other buildings were wrapped for protection against the possibility of intense flames, fire spokeswoman Rebecca Paterson said. And there is a history of this sort of thing working. The aluminum wrapping can withstand intensive heat for short periods. Federal officials say they have been using the material for several years throughout the U.S. West to protect sensitive structures from flames. Near Lake Tahoe, some homes that were wrapped in protective material survived a recent wildfire while others nearby were destroyed. The execution of the plan does give an outwardly awkward appearance, however. https://twitter.com/YosemiteSteve/status/1438727367153700869?s=20 These giant sequoias have been targeted several times by wildfires in recent years, as California continues to face worsening weather.

Continue Reading

News

Gabby Petito Investigation Takes Strange Turn to Include Double Homicide

This is getting weirder by the minute.

Published

on

Out there, somewhere, is Gabby Petito.

The young woman has been missing for weeks now, after disappearing during a cross-country, social-media-heavy trip with her fiancé Brian Laundrie.  Now, Laundrie is back home in Florida, refusing to cooperate with police investigating her disappearance.

Now, in an even stranger turn of events, police are now admitting that a double homicide in Moab, Utah is being investigated as a potential connection to Gabby Petito going missing.

The Grand County Sheriff’s Office said Thursday that it is “actively looking into any connection” between a double homicide of newlyweds at a campground outside Moab last month and the recent disappearance of Gabby Petito.

take our poll - story continues below

Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?

  • Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“The Sheriff’s Office is not ruling anything out at this time and appreciate the concerns of the public and their willingness to contact this office with those concerns and information,” the Grand County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement.

The newlyweds, 38-year-old Crystal Turner and 24-year-old Kylen Schulte, were found shot to death at a campground southeast of Moab on Aug. 18, five days after they were last seen leaving a downtown bar.

Bridget Calvert, Schulte’s aunt, told KUTV that the couple complained about a “creepy guy” who was making them uncomfortable in their campsite just days before the double homicide.

Protesters hoping to convince Laundrie to cooperate with police have begun to inundate his Florida neighborhood, as the family stays mum on the subject.

Petito’s parents have made several public calls for the Laundries to share what they know, but to no avail.

Out there, somewhere, is Gabby Petito. The young woman has been missing for weeks now, after disappearing during a cross-country, social-media-heavy trip with her fiancé Brian Laundrie.  Now, Laundrie is back home in Florida, refusing to cooperate with police investigating her disappearance. Now, in an even stranger turn of events, police are now admitting that a double homicide in Moab, Utah is being investigated as a potential connection to Gabby Petito going missing. The Grand County Sheriff’s Office said Thursday that it is “actively looking into any connection” between a double homicide of newlyweds at a campground outside Moab last month and the recent disappearance of Gabby Petito. “The Sheriff’s Office is not ruling anything out at this time and appreciate the concerns of the public and their willingness to contact this office with those concerns and information,” the Grand County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement. The newlyweds, 38-year-old Crystal Turner and 24-year-old Kylen Schulte, were found shot to death at a campground southeast of Moab on Aug. 18, five days after they were last seen leaving a downtown bar. Bridget Calvert, Schulte’s aunt, told KUTV that the couple complained about a “creepy guy” who was making them uncomfortable in their campsite just days before the double homicide. Protesters hoping to convince Laundrie to cooperate with police have begun to inundate his Florida neighborhood, as the family stays mum on the subject. Petito’s parents have made several public calls for the Laundries to share what they know, but to no avail.

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week