Connect with us

Entertainment

Norm MacDonald Gets Booted From ‘Tonight Show.’ Here’s Why.

Published

on

Comedian Norm MacDonald was supposed to make an appearance on the Tonight Show Tuesday night to promote his new Netflix show, but NBC cancelled his appearance after he made some disparaging remarks about the #MeToo movement.

Macdonald has a new Netflix show premiering Friday, called “Norm Macdonald Has A Show,” and was set to discuss his latest project with Jimmy Fallon, but after the former “Saturday Night Live” star’s interview with the Hollywood Reporter was published, the network canceled, citing “sensitivity to our audience.”

In an interview in which Macdonald seemed to criticize and awkwardly defend everything he was asked about (he talked about how the Constitution was designed to survive President Donald Trump, but also said the world was not as bad as he feared it would be with Trump as president), one segment stuck out. It appears as though once a hashtag is deemed saintly, any criticism becomes unacceptable. “Superman” and “Mission Impossible” star Henry Cavill found this out the hard way just a month ago.

Trending: Mitch McConnell Nixes $900 Billion Bipartisan COVID-19 Bill — Details

Now it’s Macdonald’s turn. He told the Hollywood Reporter that he was “happy the #MeToo movement has slowed down a bit.”

take our poll - story continues below

Has There Been Voter Fraud in the 2020 Election?

  • Has There Been Voter Fraud in the 2020 Election?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“It used to be, ‘One hundred women can’t be lying.’ And then it became, ‘One woman can’t lie.’ And that became, ‘I believe all women.’ And then you’re like, ‘What?’ Like, that Chris Hardwick guy I really thought got the blunt end of the stick there,” Macdonald said.

Naturally, this quote was left out of most media accounts of Macdonald’s cancelled appearance.

Macdonald was then asked about an accused person admitting to wrongdoing, to which the comedian responded:

“The model used to be: admit wrongdoing, show complete contrition and then we give you a second chance. Now it’s admit wrongdoing and you’re finished. And so the only way to survive is to deny, deny, deny. That’s not healthy — that there is no forgiveness. I do think that at some point it will end with a completely innocent person of prominence sticking a gun in his head and ending it. That’s my guess. I know a couple of people this has happened to.”

Now, hilariously, NBC was the network who tried to stop reporter Ronan Farrow from publishing his piece about the sexual abuses of film mogul Harvey Weinstein, the incident that more or less launched the #MeToo movement.

It’s obvious then, that these folks were trying to make up for their colossal booboo and for the flack they’ve taken for it ever since. Sorry, but it’s too little, too late. Any attempt to save face over that is going to be seen for what it is. Damage control.

They don’t give a rip about their audience. If they did, they would’ve been all over Farrow’s story. But they weren’t. In fact, it seems they might have been trying to help cover Weinstein’s tracks.

In the end, what they did to MacDonald is pure hypocrisy.

Source: Daily Wire

Save conservative media!

Entertainment

Actor Vince Vaughn Stands His Ground About Viral Trump Meeting

Published

on

Actor Vince Vaughn is standing his ground and refusing to apologize for a viral meeting he had with President Donald Trump during a college football game that took place earlier this year in January, despite massive backlash he received after the whole thing hit the Internet. Folks, we desperately need more individuals in the entertainment industry like Vince Vaughn who aren’t afraid to speak their minds and won’t back down from doing so when the radical leftists in our nation attempt to silence their voices. via Daily Wire: Rejecting the political Left’s new and fierce adherence to “cancel culture,” Vaughn said he was raised “with the idea that you could have different likes and beliefs and you should respect and defend that in other people, not shout it down.” The “Old School” actor was asked during a recent interview with the Los Angeles Times about the backlash from the Trump interaction and calls from the Left to “cancel” him. “In my career I’ve met a lot of politicians who I’ve always been cordial to; I’ve met Nancy Pelosi and was cordial to her as well,” Vaughn explained. “It was the only time I’ve ever met him. We said hello. He was very personable. I didn’t get into policies.” “I think people are more charged than ever about these things,” the 50-year-old actor went on to say. “But I don’t think most people take that stuff as seriously as the small percentage that’s making noise about it.” “I was raised with the idea that you could have different likes and beliefs and you should respect and defend that in other people, not shout it down,” Vaughn stated. “The people you disagree with the most, you should stand up for their right to do that.” In the past, Vaughn has been an…

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Check Out This List Of Celebrities Who Have Promised To Leave America If Trump Wins

Published

on

During the last election cycle in 2016, a number of famous folks in a wide range of industries were so distraught by the idea of a President Donald Trump that they vowed to flee from the country if he took home a victory over Hillary Clinton. Fast forward four years later, and basically, none of those people went anywhere. You know why? Because there is no other country on the planet where they can make the obscene amounts of money they pull down for playing music or starring in films, while also not being taxed into oblivion. It’s all just blustering. You’d think they’d be quiet about that kind of thing this go around, knowing that none of us in the real world believe their childish ranting. But, here we are, in 2020, and celebrities are once again making promises they do not intend to keep. via Daily Wire: Bruce Springsteen The Boss said he’d quit the U.S. and just might move to Australia if Trump wins reelection on Nov. 3. “I would consider that,” he said Oct. 14 during a virtual chat with Australian press, according to The Daily Mail. “I love Australia,” he said. “Every time, we have nothing but good times down there. It’s always a treat to come. Love the people, love the geography, great place for motorcycle trips, it’s close to our hearts.” The Boss also went on to predict without a doubt that President Trump would lose on Tuesday, and that if he’s wrong he’ll “see you on the next plane.” Tommy Lee, drummer for Motley Crue said he finds America “embarrassing” and thinks that folks in Europe mock us and said if Trump wins he’s “out of here.” Good riddance. “Dude, I swear to God if that happens, then I’m coming over to…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week