Please disable your Ad Blocker to better interact with this website.

Connect with us

News

North Carolina Police Respond to Suspicious Package, You’ll Never Guess What it Turned out to be.

Wow. That’s crazy!

Published

on

With the bomb packages that were sent to a bunch of Democrats and anti-Trump supporters last week, folks all across the country have been on high alert, looking for anything out of the ordinary that might end up being some sort of danger or threat to themselves and their families.

A suspicious package was spotted outside of the Duke Energy Center in Charlotte, North Carolina early on Tuesday morning, leading local police to respond and investigate the scene.

Fortunately, it turned out to be something completely harmless.

take our poll - story continues below

Will you vote for President Trump in 2020 if he can’t get the wall built?

  • Will you vote for President Trump in 2020 if he can’t get the wall built?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Trending: Trump Gives HILARIOUS Response When Asked About Socialist Ocasio-Cortez (Watch)

Officials say the call came in just before 6:15 a.m. from concerned employees in the mail room inside the Duke Energy building, located in the 400 block of South Tryon Street.

The package was described as being a small manila envelope handwritten and addressed from out of state to Duke Energy, according to police. Police and the bomb squad investigated the package, which contained a cassette tape by the band Journey.

Employees in the mail room notified police who cleared the scene shutting down roads. A K-9 unit was also deployed to the scene, police say.

The initial discovery sparked an investigation causing the Duke Energy building to be evacuated and road closures in the area.

The investigation closed roads in the areas surrounding S Tryon Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.

While some folks might feel that such a reaction is paranoia in action, it’s better to be safe than sorry, especially if you can’t tell exactly what something is. We live in a world where folks will do crazy things for no real, discernible reason, which means that taking measures like this isn’t paranoid, it’s simply the kind of caution necessary to live in the twenty-first century.

Source: CBS 17

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.

News

Clemson’s Winning QB, Trevor Lawrence, LOVED President Donald Trump’s Fast Food Feast

“Lots of hamburgers, lots of pizza. We have some very large people that like eating, so I think we’re going to have a little fun.”

Published

on

White House

Clemson Tigers winning quarterback, Trevor Lawrence, said he absolutely loved President Donald Trump’s fast food feast during the team’s White House visit.

With elitist members of the Washington establishment, the media, and the odd never Trumper’s attacking the fast food meal that President Donald Trump provided out of his own pocket for the Clemson Tigers, at least one member of the team at the center of the controversy says he didn’t mind the meal at all.

The liberal media went wild attacking President Donald Trump for serving fast food to the Clemson Tigers, college football’s 2018 champions, when they visited the White House on Monday.

take our poll - story continues below

Will you vote for President Trump in 2020 if he can’t get the wall built?

  • Will you vote for President Trump in 2020 if he can’t get the wall built?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

The left-wing media attacked the president for his “un-presidential” meal. But the president responded with a tweet celebrating the day’s events.

“Great being with the National Champion Clemson Tigers last night at the White House,” Trump tweeted on Tuesday. “Because of the Shutdown, I served them massive amounts of Fast Food (I paid), over 1000 hamberders [sic] etc. Within one hour, it was all gone. Great guys and big eaters!”

With the shutdown still in full swing, White House staff is at a minimum, and it appears that the food service personnel are also on furlough. Trump paid for the entire feast out of his own pocket.

Trump also said that he thought the team would enjoy a little “fun” time during their White House visit.

“We ordered American fast food, paid for by me,” the president said, according to CBS. “Lots of hamburgers, lots of pizza. We have some very large people that like eating, so I think we’re going to have a little fun.”

Of course, Clemson has become somewhat famous for its fast food connection with breakout quarterback Trevor Lawrence being a huge fan of Chick-fil-A.

For years Lawrence has prepared to meet his opponents by studying game films while eating Chick-fil-A. He has kept that up at college, too. “In Clemson, they say he does the same, poring over Notre Dame and Alabama defensive cut-ups while snacking on Chick-n-Minis,” ESPN’s Ryan McGee reported.

Indeed, after the big White House visit, Lawrence said he loved the whole thing and said he can’t wait to come back.

“It was awesome,” Lawrence said according to TMZ. “We had McDonalds and everything. It was good!”

TMZ’s cameras caught up to Lawrence after the visit:

Even as the elitists are attacking Clemson and Trump, the players did not mind it at all.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Twitter @warnerthuston.

Continue Reading

News

Tim Allen Beats Liberal Establishment, Ratings Soar for ‘Last Man Standing’

Fox execs are now reaping the rewards and dancing on ABC’s grave.

Published

on

Tim Allen

Tim Allen’s sitcom, Last Man Standing, was canceled by the liberals at ABC even though it was a ratings leader on the network. But now that Fox has picked the show up, Allen is having the last laugh as his show becomes one of Fox’s ratings leaders.

ABC cancelled Last Man Standing after its sixth season, even though it was still among ABC’s top rated shows. There was only one reason for its cancelation. It wasn’t because the show was failing. It was because ABC executives hated the fact that Allen’s show often featured conservative subject matter.

But only a few months after it was unceremoniously dumped by ABC, Fox TV picked the show up for a seventh season.

take our poll - story continues below

Will you vote for President Trump in 2020 if he can’t get the wall built?

  • Will you vote for President Trump in 2020 if he can’t get the wall built?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Now, much to ABC’s dismay, Last Man Standing has become a new ratings leader for Fox.

According to CinemaBlend, LMS has proven Fox executives right for having taken on the show.

What’s especially exciting is that Last Man Standing has only increased in its dominance since returning at midseason to a 1.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 5.66 million viewers. During the January 11 airing, the show actually did a 1.2 rating and increased to 6.21 million total viewers, per TV By The Numbers.

If you look back over Season 7, that’s the highest the show has done in total viewers since the November 9 episode, which brought in 6.3 million total viewers. But forget total viewers, because in total viewers Last Man Standing often loses to its CBS competitors like Blue Bloods and MacGyver. Where Last Man Standing really shines is the coveted advertising demographic, and that’s where Fox should be clapping backs–all the way to the bank.

In one of the seres’ most recent episodes earned the highest ratings of any network TV show on Friday.

“This Friday, Last Man Standing pulled a 1.2 rating, which just so happens to be a number that is a whole lot higher than everything else network TV aired on Friday night,” CB reported. “It’s closest competitors were Fox’s own The Cool Kids, with a 1.0 rating, and CBS’ Hawaii Five-0, with a .9 rating.”

Fox execs are now reaping the rewards and dancing on ABC’s grave.

The show had a few cast changes with the move to Fox. The part of Allen’s grandson, Boyd is now being played by Jet Jurgensmeyer. Allen’s number two daughter, Mandy, is now being played by Molly McCook . And Tisha Campbell took over the role of Carol Larabee. But the rest of the cast stayed on.

In any case, the show is still a hit and has maintained its audience despite ABC’s attempt to destroy it because it is a conservative show.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Twitter @warnerthuston.

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week

Send this to a friend