Connect with us

Opinion

PELOSI: I’m a ‘Street Fighter’ Who Would Have Fought Off Insurrectionists at Capitol

Whatever you say, Nancy.

Published

on

Politicians say the darnedest things, don’t they?

When they’re not out there making promises that they certainly don’t aim to keep, they’re often found filling rooms with hot air and fibs that are tangible enough to choke on.  They say that they are elected officials, (public servants, in reality), but they tend to worry most about what’d good for them and not their constituents.

It’s as if they live in an alternative reality, where the dinners and gifts that they get from lobbyists and special interests are somehow a boost to their districts.

Trending: Southern Cities Running Out of Gas as Pipeline Remains Crippled

And, speaking of living in an alternative reality

take our poll - story continues below

Will Biden Be Forced to Resign Before His 1st Term Is Up?(2)

  • Will Biden Be Forced to Resign Before His 1st Term Is Up?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Flag And Cross updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi claimed the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrectionists would have “had a battle on their hands” if they encountered her — declaring she is a “street fighter.”

“That’s what they were setting out to do,” Pelosi (D-Calif.) told USA Today, acknowledging that rioters had intended to reach herself and other prominent targets, such as Vice President Mike Pence.

If they had, she continued, “Well, I’m pretty tough. I’m a street fighter. They would have had a battle on their hands.”

Pelosi has found renewed gusto in recent weeks, despite her advanced age, even going so far as to rip young, progressive Democrats in demeaning ways.

According to the author of a recent book on Pelosi, Madam Speaker used a “child-like” voice when lambasting Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who is one of the most recognizable members of the ultra-liberal “squad”.

News

Ohio Now Offering Lottery-Like Jackpots to Promote Vaccinations

Ohio’s vaccination push has become a gameshow, apparently.

Published

on

Vaccine hesitation has been one of the most worrisome parts of the coronavirus pandemic of late, especially as we approach the next critical stage in our economic recovery. You see, in America, there is a very real feeling that the government should not be able to mandate what it is that we decide to do with our bodies, and, more importantly, what we decide to put into  our bodies.  This is about personal sovereignty, and rightly so.  After all, this is the land of the free. That’s why the government has long avoided mandating vaccinations for the COVID-19 pandemic – it simply wouldn’t work, in all honesty, and there would be a massive revolt if they did choose to go down that path. So, instead, officials are trying to entice citizens to be inoculated either by making the unvaccinated into second-class citizens, or by luring them in with cash and prizes like some two-bit gameshow. Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine has come up with an unorthodox incentive for Ohioans to get vaccinated. Starting next Wednesday, adults who have received at least one dose of the vaccine, and are at least 18 years old, may enter a lottery that will provide a $1 million prize each Wednesday for five weeks. DeWine, a Republican, said the pool of names for the drawing will come from the Ohio Secretary of State’s publicly available voter registration database. Those who are not in the database can sign up for the drawings on a separate webpage, DeWine said. In random drawings, the state will also provide five full four-year scholarships to an Ohio public university—including tuition, room-and-board, and books—to Ohioans under the age of 18 who have been vaccinated. The Ohio Lottery will conduct the drawings, and the money will come from existing federal pandemic relief dollars, DeWine…

Continue Reading

Opinion

Biden Again Admits That He’s ‘Not Supposed To’ Interact with Reporters

This is some way of governing the public…

Published

on

What a strange new world the American political machine exists in these days. It was only six months ago that we had a President who, for lack of a nicer way to put it, wouldn’t stop yapping.  Donald Trump was an extraordinary communicator, using Twitter almost reflexively throughout his time in the White House, and sparring with reporters any chance he got.  You could tell that he lived for this, and it was a refreshing and brutally honest way of governing. Now we have “Sleepy Joe” Biden, who very literally believes that he’s not supposed to talk to the public off-script. President Joe Biden expressed concerns after he answered questions from reporters Wednesday, as he and his administration struggle to address multiple crises around the world. Biden answered questions about the gas shortage and a question about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict in the Middle East, before moving to exit the room. When reporters shouted additional questions, Biden paused and replied, “You guys are bad. I’m not supposed to be answering all these questions. I’m supposed to leave. But I can’t resist your questions.” The president then took an additional question about his meeting with Congressional leaders on infrastructure. And this is far from the first time that this has happened… Biden has repeatedly told reporters he would be “in trouble” for taking questions from reporters at White House events — even though he has only held one press conference since becoming president. “Look, I’m sorry. I’m going to — this is the last question I’ll take,” Biden said in April after taking questions from reporters. “I’m really going to be in trouble.” Biden also repeatedly said he would “get in trouble” during a CNN town hall in February. “I’m going to get in trouble,” he lamented to CNN’s Anderson Cooper. “I was supposed to…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week