Connect with us

Politics

Pentagon Defies POTUS in Border Troop Battle

With immigration leading the nation’s concerns at the polls, you would think that the Pentagon’s attitude would be a bit different.

Published

on

government shutdown

With only a few weeks until a massive caravan of Central American marchers arrive at our border, there is dissent within the federal government of the United States.

President Trump, who has been tough on immigration from the very onset of his political career, has been working overtime to prepare for the coming crisis.  With an estimated 14,000 defiant, would-be immigrants headed north through Mexico, the United States has a duty to enforce the law upon their arrival.

Given the lack of border security that Trump campaigned on still existing, the President has ordered additional military assets to the southwest to deal with the incoming migrants.

Trending: President Trump Set To Cut Through Red Tape Inhibiting Doctors

Of course, the left has not been on board with the plan, and it seems that the Pentagon has caught a bit of “resistance” fever as well.

When the Trump administration first asked the Pentagon to send troops to the southern border, the administration wanted the troops to take on duties that Department of Defense officials viewed as law enforcement functions, CNN has learned.

The Pentagon said no.
According to two defense official familiar with the request, the Department of Homeland Security asked that the Pentagon provide a reserve force that could be called upon to provide “crowd and traffic control” and safeguard Customs and Border Protection personnel at the border to counter a group of Central American migrants walking to the US border to request asylum.
The Pentagon rejected the request on October 26, according to one of the officials, even as it signed off on providing DHS with air and logistics support, medical personnel and engineers.
Concerns over the arrival of the migrant caravan could very well be contributing to the polling reality in which Americans tend to identify immigration as their number one concern heading to the polls on Tuesday.
Save conservative media!

News

President Trump Set To Cut Through Red Tape Inhibiting Doctors

Published

on

The Trump administration is looking to slice through the occupational regulations permanently that hinder doctors and other medical professionals in order to help spur on economic growth in recovery throughout the coronavirus pandemic. Many of these same regulations were originally suspended to help with all of the COVID-19 cases swamping hospitals. Tomas Philipson, acting chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers said, “The White House has a long interest in further cutting down occupational regulations or state licensing requirements that are unnecessary. Obviously, we want to have exams for medical doctors, etc., but that’s something that I think is very valuable in terms of an overall economic agenda.” Here’s more from The Washington Examiner: The Trump administration has suspended scores of healthcare regulations to give the industry latitude in responding to the pandemic. It has deregulated telemedicine, for example, by allowing doctors to get paid for seeing patients electronically as opposed to in a doctor’s office. Previously, doctors were penalized for seeing patients on a Zoom call, for example, Philipson said, instead of in person. Giving patients and doctors telemedicine options could boost growth because people often take a day or two days off work to go and see a doctor in person, which Philipson said is “a lot of time off for people in the workforce.” One of the big regulations that was suspended during this time of crisis was in New York City, where medical licensing rules were put on hold, allowing doctors and nurses to practice across state lines more easily. This helped reduce the burden on hospitals in the city who were experiencing a lack of medical personnel. President Trump signed a new executive order on Tuesday of last week that would direct the heads of all federal agencies to waive regulations that could…

Continue Reading

News

Richard Grenell Says He’s Going To Step Down As Ambassador To Germany

Published

on

Richard Grenell confirmed over the weekend that he was indeed going to be stepping down from his post as ambassador to Germany around the same time that he will be ending his work as the acting director of national intelligence. Media outlets in Germany have been reporting on his departure from the post over the weekend, however, he himself said this has been the plan for the last two months. Here’s more from The Washington Examiner: “True,” he said in response to a tweet from a Daily Wire reporter who said Grenell told him in March this was the plan after President Trump renominated Rep. John Ratcliffe to be his nominee for director of national intelligence. Ratcliffe was confirmed by the Senate on Thursday and is expected to enter office next week. https://twitter.com/RichardGrenell/status/1264522093548322817 Since May 2018, Grenell has been in his post as the ambassador to Germany, where he has been a staunch advocate for Trump’s foreign policy priorities. While he spent the past couple of days thanking supporters who praised him for his service, Grenell also responded to at least one diplomat who celebrated the news of his impending exit. Andreas Nick, the head of the German Delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, said on Monday that Grenell was acting as though he was “representing a hostile power.” https://twitter.com/DrAndreasNick/status/1264858787585949701 Grenell fired back by stating that Nick was wanting him to stop calling for Germany to pay more cash into NATO. He went on to say that Nick wanted the US to no longer oppose the German deal with Russia to build a Nord Stream 2 pipeline as a means of transporting Russian oil. “You always wanted me to stop asking you publicly to pay your NATO obligations and calling for an end to Nord Stream…

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Best of the Week

 
Send this to a friend